We had a rumour a while ago that the 2020 flagship is a backhoe excavator. Recently Grohl posted a YouTube video where he said he was going to review the technic backhoe from 1989. Coincidence? Tease? Me clutching at straws?

2 hours ago, allanp said:

We had a rumour a while ago that the 2020 flagship is a backhoe excavator. Recently Grohl posted a YouTube video where he said he was going to review the technic backhoe from 1989. Coincidence? Tease? Me clutching at straws?

I like your info...

If this is true i will be very happy to welcome my first backhoe, been waiting a flagship backhoe for a long long time.

Anyway, we shall know it in 30 days times, hopefully.

3 hours ago, Kaanere said:

All rumors until now were pointing towards the Mitsubishi Eclipse as a Technic F&F set though, not the Charger.

So maybe, just maybe, we could get both a Creator Charger and a Technic Eclipse to recreate the ending race of the first movie.

Yes understand one is Eclipse & one is charger.

But IMO i just don’t think TLG will do a same license set in 2 different themes in same year.

Well, ‘secret box’ will be opened next year.
The movie on show from May 2020, still too soon to talk about the set now. 

3 hours ago, allanp said:

My gut tells me it's more of a coincidence.

22 hours ago, Kaanere said:

So maybe, just maybe, we could get both a Creator Charger and a Technic Eclipse to recreate the ending race of the first movie.

The ending race of the first movie : you are right about the charger but you wrong about the Éclipse. In deed, the second car of the race is a mark 4 supra, the famous orange one built by Brian and Dom in the movie. This car was built and design by Crag Lieberman.

1 hour ago, Nebulaire said:

The ending race of the first movie : you are right about the charger but you wrong about the Éclipse. In deed, the second car of the race is a mark 4 supra, the famous orange one built by Brian and Dom in the movie. This car was built and design by Crag Lieberman.

besides, if they are supposed to be a recreation thing, they would need to be in approximately the same scale, meaning the technic set would be roughly 42093 sized, which would be smaller then any H2 set in my memory.

If we get a big Backhoe this year i just hope it won't have any of that control+ stuff! I like the Liebherr but won't buy it since i don't think the app gets supportet more than 5 years...

I wonder if we will get the next big super car, Porsche in 2016, Bugatti in 2018, so maybe one in 2020?

Edited by Coolusername

45 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

I wonder if we will get the next big super car, Porsche in 2016, Bugatti in 2018, so maybe one in 2020?

My guess is something from VW group as previously; I think there is new Lamborghini for 2020...

42 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

...it had better be a JCB. Whst else could all this flame-yellow orange be for?

Doesn't need a license imo and i don't want to pay for a license for every set. We had lots of sets without a license and people bought them. I just want yellow black and grey construction vehicles. My favorite Technic set is the 1997 front loader 8459

Its got 4wd with engine, steering and pneumatic in a small set and no one would miss a license on that thing. And no one bought an Arocs or a Volvo loader just for the license. If these sets don't have a license and look a bit different people would still buy them becaus they are good (apart from the top gear rally car, even without the license it would be rubbish :laugh: )

Edited by Coolusername

2 hours ago, Coolusername said:

Doesn't need a license imo and i don't want to pay for a license for every set. We had lots of sets without a license and people bought them. I just want yellow black and grey construction vehicles. My favorite Technic set is the 1997 front loader 8459

Its got 4wd with engine, steering and pneumatic in a small set and no one would miss a license on that thing. And no one bought an Arocs or a Volvo loader just for the license. If these sets don't have a license and look a bit different people would still buy them becaus they are good (apart from the top gear rally car, even without the license it would be rubbish :laugh: )

I actually bought my Arocs set from a non-afol guy who works as a truck driver, and wanted Arocs simply because he thought it was cool to have it as a Lego set. I'd definitely say that the licenses matter, maybe not that much for us afols, but those who are interested in cars and other stuff licensed sets are based on and maybe have some of the nostalgia for Lego are probably the significant adult audience for licensed Techic sets. Of course also kids and their parents who see a cool real-life thing transformed into a Lego set (as opposed to those who buy nameless sets for their functions and parts).

3 hours ago, Coolusername said:

Which is, ironically, based on a JCB Wastemaster.

On 12/29/2019 at 9:05 PM, allanp said:

It would be good if it was,probably to much to ask for it to be fully motorized but I would get it even if it was manual controlled.

I'm not 100% convinced the licence is always a cost when it comes to Technic, I'm sure I read the original partnership with Volvo was a desingers friend worked for Volvo and both companies can see the benefit of doing this together?

In fact I'm sure many companies if asked would consider this.

16 hours ago, Alasdair Ryan said:

It would be good if it was,probably to much to ask for it to be fully motorized but I would get it even if it was manual controlled.

If we get a backhoe excavator flagship, I'm convinced it will include Control+. But it still is mere speculation.

21 hours ago, Coolusername said:

If we get a big Backhoe this year i just hope it won't have any of that control+ stuff! I like the Liebherr but won't buy it since i don't think the app gets supportet more than 5 years...

Let's not bring up this argument over and over again.

21 hours ago, Coolusername said:

There were already rumors about a new one in 2020. But again...rumors.

On 12/30/2019 at 1:56 AM, AVCampos said:

My gut tells me it's more of a coincidence.

I do hope your guts are wrong :laugh:

---

Maybe it's time to put the train back on the rails and discuss the 2020 sets. I know, there is not much to discuss, but let's not turn this into the guessing game again.

There's always the Speculation Topic to go nuts!

12 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Good idea, Jim!

42106 sucks. Discuss.

So don't suck on it, just play with it :iamded_lol:

Seriusely you can simply say that you do not like it and IMHO not every set can be flagships class...

2 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

So don't suck on it, just play with it :iamded_lol:

Seriusely you can simply say that you do not like it and IMHO not every set can be flagships class...

Doesn't mean that some sets have to be utter vomitrocity either.

46 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Doesn't mean that some sets have to be utter vomitrocity either.

Sorry for more off-topic, but example 42070 when it was released I didn't find it flagships worthy, but now I see that mechanical solution with switches is perfect solution for one my future MOC, so you never know what is inside; and if you don't like 42106 set perhaps one day you will need parts from it for some project... 

In my case mini Xerion is dissappointment but what to expect with resources for its size?

22 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

what to expect with resources for its size

Yet it achieved a notable feat: being in proportion with the real one.

26 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

In my case mini Xerion is dissappointment but what to expect with resources for its size?

I am thinking about picking two up just for the parts. That aside the Lego designers do a good enough job in my opinon on these small sets with the limits they are working against.

@Ngoc Nguyen and @Alasdair Ryan I was trying to point that out, that despite our criticism (which has to be within civilized limits unlike those "progressive" "liberal" politicians) we have to look with both eyes and accept that it is also question of parts, and despite that if LEGO makes all our wishes to come true in first half what will remain for second half :classic:

Regards

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Sorry for more off-topic, but example 42070 when it was released I didn't find it flagships worthy, but now I see that mechanical solution with switches is perfect solution for one my future MOC, so you never know what is inside; and if you don't like 42106 set perhaps one day you will need parts from it for some project... 

Great for your MOC, but the solution used in 42070 was rubbish considering it's remotely controlled.

Oh, and the Mini Xerion. I don't think TLG is going to make smaller tractor tyres any time soon (at least, not at 42102's scale), because the CLAAS tyres replaced a balloon tyre that wasn't used much to begin with. If TLG made smaller tractor tyres for other rims, then that would add unwanted complexity to parts production. I think labelling 42102 as a disappointment due to that reason is a little unfair.