On 9/25/2019 at 9:25 AM, Ivan_M said:

42108 Mobile crane with almost 1300 parts - might be very similar to 8053:

https://brickset.com/sets/8053-1/Mobile-Crane

I suspect 49,5mm wheels, also 4 axles and 2 section boom. It might be bright light orange. Hopefully if will use xl accurator

Seems I was really close :classic: I'm so glad it is regular yellow and brings back usefull panels. I'm actually excited from set since Xerion..

LEGO-Technic-42108-Crane-Truck-3.jpg

The orange colour of the Buggy looks to be the light orange from the 42099.

The buggy reminds me of my first ever Technic set, so gonna get that for sure. 

Mini Claas doesn't do much for me, I love the big Claas but I'm not that much a fan of the genre to want this one also... Maybe for a good price as a partspack...

I'm pleasantly surprised by the pullbacks, finally after some years of experiments (engine blocks flying around, 'how can we reduce part count below minimum') we get some properly designed models again. And both their own B-model instead of a combined one is also a nice surprise. Seems like I have to pick up on collecting pullbacks again:sweet:.

The catamaran seems like (test?)phase II of Technic boats... They first tested the market with the sailboat (which was my latest purchase btw), and after positive results they now release take II with specified parts for Technic boats. Like others said, I can see RC boats coming in the near future. Would be a logical step considering the added range of C+ compared to PF, and the fact that light-flickering from water surface does not have an effect on bluetooth...

Stunt truck and bike are just not for me. Doesn't look like new parts, maybe some recolors but not much... 

The crane is an absolute musthave, 8460 all over again. I remember drooling over the catalog pics for hours back then (man, I'm getting old...) Love it! But come on TLG, still no panel #21 & #22 in yellow...?

Top Gear car is just too expensive for my taste. I'm not ready for C+ yet (I have a large PF collection) so I'll skip that. It is good to see that these kind of licenses are coming into Technic though, it is a strong brand name but leaves a lot of freedom in design. Would like to see more of this kind of collaborations in the future.

Edited by Rudivdk
Typo's...

I've just realized that lime appears in quite a number of sets in 2020 1H. This can mean we're gonna get a supercar in lime...

Just now, I_Igor said:

and red thin liftarms 1 x 5

Whee!

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I've just realized that lime appears in quite a number of sets in 2020 1H. This can mean we're gonna get a supercar in lime...

I wouldn't be so sure. Remember 2018? That had two sets in lime, whereas 2020 only has one more, and much of the lime in 42104 is on the big ugly hull parts (hereafter referred to as BUHPs).

16 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Remember 2018? That had two sets in lime, whereas 2020 only has one more, and much of the lime in 42104 is on the big ugly hull parts (hereafter referred to as BUHPs).

Remember 2018? The yacht that year has dark azure as one of its main color. And which color does the supercar in 2018 have? Hmm I wonder....

After looking again at that catamaran, I’m wondering if it needs a stand? Those 4 rudder elements sit below the floats/BUHPs.

Also, does LEGO do preorders? Really want my crane asap. 

8 minutes ago, ian74 said:

After looking again at that catamaran, I’m wondering if it needs a stand? Those 4 rudder elements sit below the floats/BUHPs.

I suppose that they are the stands. Well, the keels can be moved up and down, so you can put the boat with some angle.

33 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Remember 2018? The yacht that year has dark azure as one of its main color. And which color does the supercar in 2018 have? Hmm I wonder....

The Chiron also had dark blue.

Edited by Maaboo35

Seems catamaran has a new 4L link.. 

No... It's 9L...

Edited by Bubbha

Just noticed that the harvester model in the Mini Xerion doesn't have the stickers applied. I thought we were past that sort of thing... :hmpf_bad: In any case, it looks enough like a CLAAS Jaguar that it could use the stickers, so what gives? :wacko:

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

and red thin liftarms 1 x 5

These have axle holes. However, these in red is also great. 

Any reviewer of the mini Claas Xerion will say that it has exactly the same driveline principle as the 8281 Mini Tractor set.. 

Pontoons in 42105 have a hole inside, allowing the 13L rack to pass through and lower the underwater wing thingies.

I was bored at the evening... And decided to recreate 42102 using photos that avalible now... ANd what can i say - its very fun little set. It has steering, working PTO, and attachment can be rised and lowered.
IMG_20191119_215551.jpg

((i didnt have Linear actuator mount base, so i was forced to jury-rig my onw substitute, and neither i have 36T gears - thus 2 pairs of 20T gears used.))

7 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Are the underwater wings thingie in the catamaran realistic? What is their official name?

Hydrofoils, I think.

Edited by Maaboo35

Hydrofoils and daggerboards (the raising/lowering foils).

Link 

Different question: has any of the annual reviewers heard anything about possible shipping their way or even a review embargo date? Official worldwide sales starts at December 26th, so I think we can expect early stuff popping up in some stores in a few weeks already...

Edited by Rudivdk

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

Pontoons in 42105 have a hole inside, allowing the 13L rack to pass through and lower the underwater wing thingies.

Holes? But it says the BOAT FLOATS.

How soon after these announcements will we see prices?  I am trying to figure out the price on the 42108.  I saw it had a tentative listing at 99 Euro, but the compact crawler crane at 920 pc was 89 Euro.  So..maybe 129 Euro?  (I'm in US so I'm trying to figure out USD) 

3 minutes ago, ian74 said:

Holes? But it says the BOAT FLOATS.

As long as the pontoons are sealed and not too heavy they should be fine in water even with a few holes through them. :)

Liking the little buggy and the Claas, the crane is another crane but looks ok.  

For me I'm loving the idea of a working sailing yacht.  Just need some IP rated control plus elements now so we can make a working remote yacht.  

Not sure what the designer was smoking on the stunt show.......definately different.......the truck is very US styled, feels like a cross over between city and technic.