adde51

Along the coral road

Recommended Posts

A small vig I made recently after I got a hold of a bunch of coral 1x4s from the PaB-wall. 

 

48116183698_48f991df4d_c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, adde51 said:

A small vig I made recently after I got a hold of a bunch of coral 1x4s from the PaB-wall. 

Dude, talk about NPU overload! *huh* Your reusage of that "Spinjitzu Tornado" part caught my eye in particular, and those "spring-sprung missiles" surprisingly don't look outta place within the alien foliage! :thumbup: :wink:

P.S. On a side note, the lighting in that shot makes the spacemen look Flame Yellowish Orange rather than Bright Yellow:shrug_oh_well:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adde51 said:

I got a hold of a bunch of coral 1x4s

Yeah, yeah, rub it in, whydontcha. :tongue:

Beautiful use of color, in a somewhat whimsical build. Looks like fun. :classic: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly a great use of a relatively unknown color.

Secondly as a Ninjago fan the use of the forbidden Spinjitzu piece is amazing, what are those cyan pieces if I may ask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 5:06 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Dude, talk about NPU overload! *huh* Your reusage of that "Spinjitzu Tornado" part caught my eye in particular, and those "spring-sprung missiles" surprisingly don't look outta place within the alien foliage! :thumbup: :wink:

P.S. On a side note, the lighting in that shot makes the spacemen look Flame Yellowish Orange rather than Bright Yellow:shrug_oh_well:

Haha, thanks man! Fun to use a bunch of pieces that otherwise are a bit tricky to get into a MOC. 

22 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Yeah, yeah, rub it in, whydontcha. :tongue:

Beautiful use of color, in a somewhat whimsical build. Looks like fun. :classic: 

:laugh: cheers, a lot of fun to build, haha! 

21 hours ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

Firstly a great use of a relatively unknown color.

Secondly as a Ninjago fan the use of the forbidden Spinjitzu piece is amazing, what are those cyan pieces if I may ask

Thank you very much! I actually ”borrowed” the spinjitzu piece from one of my kids :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2019 at 10:46 AM, adde51 said:

Thank you very much! I actually ”borrowed” the spinjitzu piece from one of my kids

You're welcome, though mind if I ask where those cyan pieces are from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Thedarkmaster2 said:

You're welcome, though mind if I ask where those cyan pieces are from?

That's element #6058746, originally from the Disney Princess line; it's also appeared in some Friends and Elves sets, as well as in Earth Blue in a couple TLM2 sets. From what I've heard some of the larger stores have had it in the PaB wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tafkatb said:

That's element #6058746, originally from the Disney Princess line; it's also appeared in some Friends and Elves sets, as well as in Earth Blue in a couple TLM2 sets. From what I've heard some of the larger stores have had it in the PaB wall.

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is indeed a colourful stroll through an alien landscape... Nice work @adde51, it's been posted on the Eurobricks frontpage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I'm absolutely NOT into Space, but this vignette is lovely! :-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

This is indeed a colourful stroll through an alien landscape... Nice work @adde51, it's been posted on the Eurobricks frontpage!

Wow, thanks a lot! Glad you liked it :sweet:

4 hours ago, PaddyBricksplitter said:

I really like this. It reminds me of old sci-fi paintings or classic sci-fi comic book covers.

Cheers man, sort of the look I was going for :excited:

1 hour ago, charlesp1138 said:

I'm in love with this.

Those carrots look great. And the path is amazing.

Very glad to hear, thanks! 

1 hour ago, Aine said:

Man, I'm absolutely NOT into Space, but this vignette is lovely! :-D

Haha, glad you liked it despite the space-figs! :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!

That's a very harmonic look of a foreign planets plant life! It's always difficult to design shapes and colours in your mind to give it the right space touch. You did perfectly fine here! :classic:

Cheers,

Chris

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, adde51 said:

Wow, thanks a lot! Glad you liked it :sweet:

You're welcome - keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this. I love alien-themed lego builds/sets, especially with alien plants and wildlife. Would probably buy this if it was in the stores with some more builds like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On July 4, 2019 at 10:52 AM, adde51 said:

 I got a hold of a bunch of coral 1x4s from the PaB-wall. 

*Sniff* I want coral... 

I love the way the 1x4s are aligned. I thought it was foam at first. Good job!

Edited by legostarwars1425

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 10:51 PM, Legostein said:

Hello!

That's a very harmonic look of a foreign planets plant life! It's always difficult to design shapes and colours in your mind to give it the right space touch. You did perfectly fine here! :classic:

Cheers,

Chris

 

Much appreciated, thank you! Fun to mess around a bit with pieces and colours that otherwise are not that ”useful”. 

On 7/11/2019 at 11:01 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Creepy planet ...lovely MOC: very original and unusual! :wub:

Haha, thanks a lot! 

On 7/12/2019 at 1:46 PM, Park7573 said:

I love this. I love alien-themed lego builds/sets, especially with alien plants and wildlife. Would probably buy this if it was in the stores with some more builds like this.

Very glad to hear, thanks! 

On 7/12/2019 at 8:20 PM, Space Police XVIII said:

Great color scheme and nicely alien! 

Looks like there's a wrecked carrot freighter just out of frame though.

Cheers! Haha, there just might be :laugh:

On 7/13/2019 at 8:37 AM, legostarwars1425 said:

*Sniff* I want coral... 

I love the way the 1x4s are aligned. I thought it was foam at first. Good job!

It’s a wierd colour because it really looks different depending on the surrounding light, more so than any other lego colour I’ve seen so far. Glad you liked the path! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.