MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Generally, I would say, the reason for this is, that bad sets take up the place for potential good sets, therefore people don't like them. This is especially true for UCS-sets, where you only get two a year.

Very well said.  If this is too far off topic, I apologize, but has anyone else noticed that the spring UCS sets have all been Rebel Alliance-related for the past four years?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but I'm wondering whether it's a pattern or just a coincidence.  After all, most UCS sets are OT-based, and the Empire has very few small vehicles without the word "TIE" in their name, and I think the last UCS TIE was a bit of a flop.  If that cryptic "complete the fleet" comment is accurate, this could be our fifth year running with a Rebel-related UCS set for May the Fourth!

Regarding the rumored/confirmed AT-AT, I personally don't care, but I'm happy for those who have been patiently waiting.  But....if there is a new Snowspeeder released alongside it, I will weep.  If there is a new Snowspeeder with a new canopy mold, I will buy it while weeping and hitting my head against the wall.  :roflmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Very well said.  If this is too far off topic, I apologize, but has anyone else noticed that the spring UCS sets have all been Rebel Alliance-related for the past four years?  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, but I'm wondering whether it's a pattern or just a coincidence.  After all, most UCS sets are OT-based, and the Empire has very few small vehicles without the word "TIE" in their name, and I think the last UCS TIE was a bit of a flop.  If that cryptic "complete the fleet" comment is accurate, this could be our fifth year running with a Rebel-related UCS set for May the Fourth!

Regarding the rumored/confirmed AT-AT, I personally don't care, but I'm happy for those who have been patiently waiting.  But....if there is a new Snowspeeder released alongside it, I will weep.  If there is a new Snowspeeder with a new canopy mold, I will buy it while weeping and hitting my head against the wall.  :roflmao:

Interesting pattern you've noticed, I agree this is due to the size of non-tie imperial ships.

Also completely agree about the snowspeeders, we've had 2 snowspeeders AND a variant based on a cancelled kenner line, of all things, within the last 6 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Also completely agree about the snowspeeders, we've had 2 snowspeeders AND a variant based on a cancelled kenner line, of all things, within the last 6 years.

But still, if they give it a new mould for the canopy... I might buy two...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LegoStarWarsFan777 said:

We don’t know what the fourth set is but I think it’ll be the throne room set from TROS. [...]

Interesting idea :thumbup: If this fourth set isn‘t in the same vein as the others, there has to be a reason it‘s part of that wave rather than the summer one. The video game could indeed be that reason... 

That being said, weird set additions to waves is not unheard of (Death Star Cannon & Duel on Starkiller Base anyone?) :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bountybossk said:

But still, if they give it a new mould for the canopy... I might buy two...

True, a new canopy would be nice.

5 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

That being said, weird set additions to waves is not unheard of (Death Star Cannon & Duel on Starkiller Base anyone?) :grin:

For the april wave, I think ANY system-scale set would be an outlier. We're getting what, two helmets and d-0?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seriously doubt a new Snowspeeder would happen so soon with the fact that the 4+ version just came out. Sure, different demographics, but it is not like the X-Wing and Tie fighters having overlap because the price gap would be so small between the two that it makes no sense economically. Lego loves Snowspeeders and barely changed re-releases, but they are not that oblivious.

 

As far as what a system set for the spring wave could be, I do agree that it could be anything and will stick out no matter what. Could be ROS, FO, or an older film set. Or it could be a gimmicky set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't remember who said here that Batray at Cloud City was retired, but I just checked now and it's still att legoshop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Can't remember who said here that Batray at Cloud City was retired, but I just checked now and it's still att legoshop.

What country do you live in? In the US it is listed as out of stock, and has been since Thanksgiving as far as I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

What country do you live in? In the US it is listed as out of stock, and has been since Thanksgiving as far as I know.

On 2/6/2020 at 7:51 PM, Brickadeer said:

"Resistance" ended after two seasons, so it's likely it didn't perform good at all. With officially no animated series in development, I hope Filoni's rumored "Ahsoka" series is for real :)

Several websites reported it as being EOL due to 12/19, but the set is still available in some markets, i.e. Germany. Maybe it's just not worth the effort to ship some of the old stock in Europe to other areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

Regarding the rumored/confirmed AT-AT, I personally don't care, but I'm happy for those who have been patiently waiting.  But....if there is a new Snowspeeder released alongside it, I will weep.  If there is a new Snowspeeder with a new canopy mold, I will buy it while weeping and hitting my head against the wall.  :roflmao:

In relation to this, we have had the cute theory that the next UCS vehicle would be hinted in the box of the previous one. In the UCS Star Destroyer there is an AT-AT (the civilian model used for construction duty) at the background.
- Samppu

10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Interesting idea :thumbup: If this fourth set isn‘t in the same vein as the others, there has to be a reason it‘s part of that wave rather than the summer one. The video game could indeed be that reason... 

That being said, weird set additions to waves is not unheard of (Death Star Cannon & Duel on Starkiller Base anyone?) :grin:

In these kinds of cases it can very well be that there has been a coherent idea about a theme or collection of sets, but it has been eventually cancelled, and only one or some of the sets then released anyway.

- Samppu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Samppu said:

In relation to this, we have had the cute theory that the next UCS vehicle would be hinted in the box of the previous one. In the UCS Star Destroyer there is an AT-AT (the civilian model used for construction duty) at the background.
- Samppu

That's just a background detail because those AT-AT versions appear at the shipyards on Correlia where Star Destroyers are manufactured (in-universe), it wasn't a hint at a future UCS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Samppu said:

In relation to this, we have had the cute theory that the next UCS vehicle would be hinted in the box of the previous one. In the UCS Star Destroyer there is an AT-AT (the civilian model used for construction duty) at the background.
- Samppu

I saw a post on instagram somewhere where it's satire saying we'll get a UCS construction at-at, corellia construction crane, etc, because their silhouettes were on the back of the box. :head_back:

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's just a background detail because those AT-AT versions appear at the shipyards on Correlia where Star Destroyers are manufactured (in-universe), it wasn't a hint at a future UCS

I think all the silhouettes have been background detail.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, blujay563 said:

@jdubbs Should i temper my expectations for figs based on clone wars season 7 in the summer wave?

Finished minifigs were not shown at the European toy fairs (and none are shown in the retail catalog, other than the one set that already leaked) so they are generally unknown at this point. This may change at Toy Fair New York in another week or so.

But given the cost-cutting approach LEGO appears to be taking to the Star Wars line lately,  I would not get my hopes up for lots of unique clone variations and characters that have never been released before, especially if new molds are required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jdubbs said:

Finished minifigs were not shown at the European toy fairs (and none are shown in the retail catalog, other than the one set that already leaked) so they are generally unknown at this point. This may change at Toy Fair New York in another week or so.

But given the cost-cutting approach LEGO appears to be taking to the Star Wars line lately,  I would not get my hopes up for lots of unique clone variations and characters that have never been released before, especially if new molds are required.

So bad batch is probably a no, but then again we were already expecting that.

I hope we at least get ahsoka and maul. (Rex would be nice to given how expensive he is online, and that he seems to have a big role to play in 2 of the 3 arcs.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

So bad batch is probably a no, but then again we were already expecting that.

I hope we at least get ahsoka and maul. (Rex would be nice to given how expensive he is online, and that he seems to have a big role to play in 2 of the 3 arcs.)

My main hope is to finally get Bo-Katan (since the mando helmets are in heavy use again) and also some of the 501st troopers with the orange helmets. If we get those figures atleast I'll be happy but even better if we get Ahsoka and Maul like you said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

''Difficult to see ,always in motion the future is''  anybody seems to mention the books that come with figures ,some are real gems ,already pre ordered to get the new Maul figure from Solo movie design.

They are great to fill in some missing characters or versions that just ones  wouldn't justify a set. Like old Maul.  A new Ezra would be great.

with the saga over ,we are in new territory now for new material. Quite enjoying the recreated scene sets   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Finished minifigs were not shown at the European toy fairs (and none are shown in the retail catalog, other than the one set that already leaked) so they are generally unknown at this point. This may change at Toy Fair New York in another week or so.

But given the cost-cutting approach LEGO appears to be taking to the Star Wars line lately,  I would not get my hopes up for lots of unique clone variations and characters that have never been released before, especially if new molds are required.

I hate to say this (wait, no I don't), but Lego would be absolutely stupid not to at least invest in some fan-favorite figures, like the aforementioned Bo-Katan or Bad Batch. Then again, I've had high hopes for sets before, only to have them dashed (especially prequel/clone war sets).

However, if Lego decides that the summer wave isn't right for a couple of figures, but the new year (2021, winter specifically) is, then the characters we don't get now, we could get later. Mostly stuff that's best suited for a Battle Pack (NOT THE BAD BATCH).

I find it odd that NYTF is about a week away, and we still have almost no idea what to expect in the next wave, besides an AT-AT and the Soulless One. Come on Lego, we want a good wave, and not excuses. :vader:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

That's just a background detail because those AT-AT versions appear at the shipyards on Correlia where Star Destroyers are manufactured (in-universe), it wasn't a hint at a future UCS

Yes I know, and I am certainly not expecting to see the UCS Construction AT-AT.. :D
But it can a be a more careful hint for the actual AT-AT nevertheless. Well, we get to see if that is true soon enough, but I would find it amusing if it was true.  :head_back:


- Samppu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Renown said:

75284 will be the Night Buzzard. 

I love you :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Renown said:

75284 will be the Night Buzzard. 

Boom. I knew it. This had to be the set considering we are missing the last 2 KOR, including the pilot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now