MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

They’ll probably name it something stupid like attack on hoth, include a ton of figs, but make it an inaccurate disjointed mess.

No, they've learned from their mistakes, It'll be one massive build of the shield generator....with 3 segments again. :laugh:

3 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I more and more have the impression that either the big D2C set for (likely) fall or the rumored smaller exclusive set for summer will be a Hoth set. What do you think?

It's possible, something with the rebel trenches would be nice to oppose the walker, but I hope it's not the D2C.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BigGuy4U Just to clear this one up, no, 75318 is not 75291 (the $99.99 retailer exclusive that we've known about since February). The former is coming late this year and appears to be a general release kit. Between 60-90 EUR, it was originally set for 2021, so I would guess that it won't be released before September or October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

75318 is named "The Child". If I had to guess it would be similar to the other "sculptures" like D-O, Porg, BB-8, Yoda, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I guess that means more money for other stuff for me. It'll probably be great for the people that collect the statues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No, they've learned from their mistakes, It'll be one massive build of the shield generator....with 3 segments again. :laugh:

It's possible, something with the rebel trenches would be nice to oppose the walker, but I hope it's not the D2C.

How about a big brick-built tauntaun with a big ice arch like the Jurassic Park D2C? :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MandRproductions right again.
Hopefully other set is clone wars related with maul and ahsoka figs (like mauls gauntlet) and not hoth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though I've skipped on all the ''statues'' so far I'm tempted to pick this one up just because it's Baby Yoda. But wether or not I'll actually buy it completely depends on the execution, if Yoda is a good example of what to expect I'll most likely skip it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, icm said:

How about a big brick-built tauntaun with a big ice arch like the Jurassic Park D2C? :laugh:

Inside the ice arch there's rooms also like the D2C, except all of them are representing the deleted scene where c-3PO takes the danger sign off the door and the wampas come in.

45 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Even though I've skipped on all the ''statues'' so far I'm tempted to pick this one up just because it's Baby Yoda. But wether or not I'll actually buy it completely depends on the execution, if Yoda is a good example of what to expect I'll most likely skip it

Ah yes, ketamine addiction yoda. Yeah, not eager to see a repeat of that.

 

Honestly this seems pretty easy to have predicted, I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier. The set number is right after the baby yoda+mando brickheadz, and like the brickheadz it's an easy set to get out (not requiring any new molds etc besides the baby yoda figurine itself, doesn't need any new prints, brickheadz set only has prints for the mando's helmet) to capitalize on baby yoda's popularity. I think the razor crest was in production before the mandalorian season 1 aired, but I'm not sure these other sets were. Reminds me of how they underestimated how popular A New Hope would be and had to push out whatever they could, including that "early bird" empty box. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

People really need to see reviews of 2019 Yoda. It looked horrible on set pictures, but in real life it actually looks amazing. 

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Childish_Landino said:

75318 is named "The Child". If I had to guess it would be similar to the other "sculptures" like D-O, Porg, BB-8, Yoda, etc. 

Appreciate the info, Lando. Pretty disappointing, in all honesty. I'm happy for those who like collecting these buildable sculptures (this is a guess, remember, but likely a reasonable one) but I for one do not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

People really nermed to see reviews of 2019 Yoda. It looked horrible on set pictures, but in real life it actually looks amazing. 

Yup. I think it looks really good in person, especially if you get the eyelids in a good spot. Lego did itself no favors with those box photos. I suspect they were rendered and didn't have the benefit of good "lighting".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh.  Easy pass for me, then.  I'm guessing it'll get some casual collectors buying it for display just because it's got a wider appeal than something like D-O or even the other Yoda statue at this point (is it crazy to think that Baby Yoda might have become more of an icon than Yoda at this point?), but not really my cup of tea.  Hopefully we can get some more details on the exclusive soon.  Seems strange that we went from "This set number was a cancelled release" to "It may or may not be coming" to "We now have concrete details" within a week, whereas the exclusive had been rumored for a while, then became confirmed in late March/early April and still nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question is if we'll get Baby Yoda with or without the pod? Wonder which one would turn out better.

Nevertheless it will be the cheapest way to get that Baby Yoda minifig so that's cool.

1 minute ago, Kit Figsto said:

(is it crazy to think that Baby Yoda might have become more of an icon than Yoda at this point?)

He just became the most popular Star Wars character (based on people searching characters on the internet), so I'd say no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The question is if we'll get Baby Yoda with or without the pod? Wonder which one would turn out better.

They can do it without pod and make him close his eyes when he raises hand or one where he sips soup.
I think pod would take too much pieces,especially if it fully closes but i might be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

People really need to see reviews of 2019 Yoda. It looked horrible on set pictures, but in real life it actually looks amazing. 

I've seen plenty reviews, still don't like it.

45 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The question is if we'll get Baby Yoda with or without the pod? Wonder which one would turn out better.

It would make sense to include the pod to differentiate him from the Yoda set but I doubt it'll be included as it would just take up too many pieces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I would honestly prefer if the child did not include the pod, I'd rther the focus was on making the child look as good as possible though I think they could include a cup, the ball and maybe the one-eyed frog. 

To those worried about the child based on the recent Yoda, I recently got it for my wife as she loves the statues and really wanted Yoda and it looks really good. Pictures simply DO NOT do it justice. In fact, I myself did not like it until I saw it on display in a LEGO store months ago. It's definitely a set you have to see in person to really appreciate.

Edited by ToaDraco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Disappointing that the set is going to be The Child, but I guess those who love him will be happy with it. Though I feel like it will look much better than Yoda since they don't need to worry about irises/pupils since The Child's eyes are just black. Hopefully the $100 exclusive will be something that I'm interested in at least.

Though it's actually probably a good thing since theres a lot of sets I want that are coming this year already and my wallet is not going to be happy :laugh_hard:

Edited by UberCorp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, UberCorp said:

Disappointing that the set is going to be The Child, but I guess those who love him will be happy with it. Though I feel like it will look much better than Yoda since they don't need to worry about irises/pupils since The Child's eyes are just black. Hopefully the $100 exclusive will be something that I'm interested in at least.

Though it's actually probably a good thing since theres a lot of sets I want that are coming this year already and my wallet is not going to be happy :laugh_hard:

This set literally came out of nowhere and turned out to be a statue set, and people are "disappointed". If Mandalorian wasn't so popular now we wouldn't even be getting this set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, UberCorp said:

Disappointing that the set is going to be The Child, but I guess those who love him will be happy with it. Though I feel like it will look much better than Yoda since they don't need to worry about irises/pupils since The Child's eyes are just black. Hopefully the $100 exclusive will be something that I'm interested in at least.

Though it's actually probably a good thing since theres a lot of sets I want that are coming this year already and my wallet is not going to be happy :laugh_hard:

Same here, I'm already going to probably wait on that AT-AT, since I'm planning on getting 2 501st sets, at least one AAT, and pre-ordering the razor crest. Which is Ironic, since as much as I like the mandalorian and TCW, ESB is better IMO.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

People really need to see reviews of 2019 Yoda. It looked horrible on set pictures, but in real life it actually looks amazing. 

I think it became a bit of a meme in the community, but yeah it looks better in reviews and stuff, they just chose really bad box art. Still think it's a bit unsettling, but nowhere near as bad as it seems.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really that disappointed by the fact that the set is going to be a buildable baby yoda as we didn't even know that this set even existed before this week. I think that it could be a really nice set. I don't think I'll buy it as I'm not a fan of the sculpture style sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Meh. I would have vastly preferred another regular set. I really don’t like these statue sets

Well i hate them too but this one may be cool,we could also get 3 sets instead of those crappy OT helmets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PreVizsla said:

Well i hate them too but this one may be cool,we could also get 3 sets instead of those crappy OT helmets.

I actually like those helmets more and more the more I see them, they make a lot of sense for adults getting them to put on their desks, especially since they're OT as you so clearly point out, which means they've got the nostalgia factor going. I might pick up the Boba fett one sometime, maybe with the august wave.

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Meh. I would have vastly preferred another regular set. I really don’t like these statue sets

Same here, especially since we already got one this year, but I'm not as annoyed as we learned that a set was coming like a day before we found out it was a baby yoda statue. Personally I think it's likely that both the brickheadz and this set were rushed through production by lego once the child was revealed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I actually like those helmets more and more the more I see them, they make a lot of sense for adults getting them to put on their desks, especially since they're OT as you so clearly point out, which means they've got the nostalgia factor going.

In my eyes it makes more sense to buy an actual helmet with ESB movie details,led lights and whatnot from hasbro for adults for 100$ - 120$ than to have LEGO version that barely fits your palm,but i guess people have different taste. Boba is cool ,but would be better with figure inside. Tie pilot cant even be spotted unless its in perfect lighting cause its all in black. And i dont see people wasting 180 $ on all 3 when they can get much better stuff for that money and mostly got only Boba for may the 4th promo.
https://imgur.com/rOqJuUT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.