MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If they include R2 and 3po in the Cantina set it would be nice if 3po finally get's that dualmolded leg he needs

And some back printing on R2 please, lego. But he will still have a squiffy head print.

4 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

If they include R2 and 3po in the Cantina set it would be nice if 3po finally get's that dualmolded leg he needs

Yes please

Another cantina?? What is LEGO thinking?!? These massive playsets have proven to be flops. Where’s the Lambda rerelease? Will wait to see photos but will almost definitely be waiting for a massive discount on it, the 2014 version is enough for me. Might even forego the set altogether and just bricklink the figures for a change.

9 minutes ago, Seaber said:

Was there a leaked Slave Leia hairpiece a while ago? Just came to my mind earlier. 

Wasn't new

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Wasn't new

Ta, I'd rather a new Mos Eisley set than Jabba one any day :D

25 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Another cantina?? What is LEGO thinking?!? These massive playsets have proven to be flops. Where’s the Lambda rerelease? Will wait to see photos but will almost definitely be waiting for a massive discount on it, the 2014 version is enough for me. Might even forego the set altogether and just bricklink the figures for a change.

I've liked some of the playsets, the Ewok Village was amazing and although it wasn't a UCS Jabba's Palace is now one of the only Star Wars sets I still display along with the 2015 Millenium Falcon. 

15 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I've liked some of the playsets, the Ewok Village was amazing and although it wasn't a UCS Jabba's Palace is now one of the only Star Wars sets I still display along with the 2015 Millenium Falcon. 

I’ve actually loved all the large playsets, including Assault on Hoth. Wasn’t perfect but I didn’t have any big issues with it. Loved Ewok Village, loved Cloud City, loved the Death Star. I’m looking forward to this one. And hopefully we’ll get more in the future, particularly the Arena and a Battle Of Endor

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yes! This would be the perfect set for that, as they usually put more detailed versions of figures in the UCS sets.

57 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’ve actually loved all the large playsets, including Assault on Hoth. Wasn’t perfect but I didn’t have any big issues with it. Loved Ewok Village, loved Cloud City, loved the Death Star. I’m looking forward to this one. And hopefully we’ll get more in the future, particularly the Arena and a Battle Of Endor

I 100% agree. I never got ewok village or cloud city, but they both looked great from what I've seen. And we definitely need a battle of endor and Pentaki. Maybe if the gunship sells well....

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Like the Death Star playset, which was such a flop they released a second one as soon as the first retired and have kept the sets around for twelve years so far? Many people didn’t like Assault on Hoth (although I did), but the overall reaction to the MBS series has been very positive, and clearly they sell well enough for LEGO to keep making them. 

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

Was there a leaked Slave Leia hairpiece a while ago? Just came to my mind earlier. 

I am curious to see if slave Leia even makes it into another Jabba set now Disney holds the reins. Her and Oola are both rather, er, contentious designs which they probably wish they could slide under the rug of history.

17 minutes ago, Redroe said:

I am curious to see if slave Leia even makes it into another Jabba set now Disney holds the reins. Her and Oola are both rather, er, contentious designs which they probably wish they could slide under the rug of history.

They did manage to get around that by including Leia as Boushh in the last Jabba’s Palace set, but the problem comes if they were to do a Sail Barge, since she was a pretty crucial character in that scene and there isn’t an alternate outfit they could use.  But I think the slave Leia design hasn’t been used in toys since before Disney even bought Star Wars, I think I remember Hasbro stopping a few years before then.

13 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

They did manage to get around that by including Leia as Boushh in the last Jabba’s Palace set, but the problem comes if they were to do a Sail Barge, since she was a pretty crucial character in that scene and there isn’t an alternate outfit they could use.  But I think the slave Leia design hasn’t been used in toys since before Disney even bought Star Wars, I think I remember Hasbro stopping a few years before then.

Hasbro released a 6 inch Leia in the second wave of Black Series figures in 2013, which was after the Disney purchase, but close enough that it was probably in plan / production at that point anyway.

16 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I might be about to get the years wrong here, but Boushh came in the same set as Oola with her underboob printing and the updated metal bikini Leia came a year later, 2013 I think. Both are fairly extreme (I don't mind them at all but I see how some do.)

Edit in light of comment above: yes, maybe the figs were in the pipeline before the takeover and just sneaked in.

Edited by Redroe

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I completely agree -- I'm a huge fan of the large MBS-style sets. Assault on Hoth was really the only one that wasn't well-received by the AFOL community (I quite like the set for what it is, personally), otherwise, there's still some big potential to mine from for these type of sets.

57 minutes ago, Redroe said:

I think at least slave leia is fine, since she's got a fair amount of screen time and kills jabba in that costume, but I understand why some people don't like it. Oola makes more sense to me to not be used, as she is A: much less crucial to the scenes for a palace set, B: has less clothing than slave leia and C: dies pretty horribly in her only scene. I still think it'd be ok for an MBS style set, but I get completely why that figure might not show up again.

1 minute ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

I completely agree -- I'm a huge fan of the large MBS-style sets. Assault on Hoth was really the only one that wasn't well-received by the AFOL community (I quite like the set for what it is, personally), otherwise, there's still some big potential to mine from for these type of sets.

Yeah, these are pretty cool sets.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I 100% agree. I never got ewok village or cloud city, but they both looked great from what I've seen. And we definitely need a battle of endor and Pentaki. Maybe if the gunship sells well....

Another set that could be made is Yavin.  The main argument against it (and one that I absolutely agreed with) was a lack of playability other than including a TIE fighter.  Mos Eisley, whether it's a Cantina or a collection of buildings, you could stage a battle with Sandtroopers vs. Obi-Wan/Luke/Han/Chewbacca, but there isn't really much direct playability either other than small functions like "Han shoots Greedo" or moving doors, which I assume would also be present in a Yavin set.

But I digress.

Given recent trends with October UCS releases, we could see a press release in the next two weeks, so hopefully we get some pictures soon.  Seems like usually once the first UCS figures leak, it's not long before the entire set is unveiled (I remember the Cloud City pilots leaking and then us getting a press release very soon) since it seems like they keep the UCS stuff under very very tight wraps.

Edited by Kit Figsto

19 hours ago, MandRproductions said:

Target in the US & I presume LEGO Stores worldwide. Not limited edition AFAIK and can tell.

Thanks for the response, Ryan. If it´s really you, just wanted to mention fan of the channel. 

Following on the cantina, don´t you guys think they could exclude R2D2 and C-3P0 since they appear just a bit on the cantina itself and they could give us 2 more exclusive characters instead?

1 minute ago, Kit Figsto said:

Another set that could be made is Yavin.

I know it's a lot smaller but if they could make Home One work (great set BTW), they can make Yavin work.

When have past UCS sets been revealed, normally first week of September?

4 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Do we know that neither Ewok Village, Cloud City, Hoth nor Death Star sold badly or its just an ”educated guess” from your side

22 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Do we know that neither Ewok Village, Cloud City, Hoth nor Death Star sold badly or its just an ”educated guess” from your side

Cloud City and Hoth may have not sold incredibly since they both retired after one year, but there Ewok Village and Death Star both hung around for quite some time.  DS is going on 12 years, I believe?

34 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Given recent trends with October UCS releases, we could see a press release in the next two weeks, so hopefully we get some pictures soon.  Seems like usually once the first UCS figures leak, it's not long before the entire set is unveiled (I remember the Cloud City pilots leaking and then us getting a press release very soon) since it seems like they keep the UCS stuff under very very tight wraps.

I wouldn't count on it, we're still waiting for the reveals of the Harry Potter CMF and Diagon Alley D2C and they both have a September 1st release as well as several leaks (heck, the entire CMF leaked 5 days ago) :sceptic:

If you count 10188 Death Star and 75159 as basically the same set (just new figs and extra money) then yes its been continuously available for 12 years. But retiring soon apparently. :sad:

Ewok Village hung around a lot longer than Hoth. Neither Hoth nor Cloud City were great sets: Cloud City had so many different people to please, it was bound to fail on some levels. Of course whether or not it sold well is difficult for us as consumers to judge.

But large, system playsets that aren't strictly MBS, but pioneered that style, are generally well received. 8038 Battle of Endor, Jabba's palace: both great "ensemble" sets.

49 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

Another set that could be made is Yavin.  The main argument against it (and one that I absolutely agreed with) was a lack of playability other than including a TIE fighter.  Mos Eisley, whether it's a Cantina or a collection of buildings, you could stage a battle with Sandtroopers vs. Obi-Wan/Luke/Han/Chewbacca, but there isn't really much direct playability either other than small functions like "Han shoots Greedo" or moving doors, which I assume would also be present in a Yavin set.

But I digress.

TLG did infact make a Yavin playset many years ago (with less than full scale X-wings), but it never left the prototype stage. Wasn't any good, tbh, but that was 15 years ago ..