MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, Brickwraith said:

I wouldn't expect Jesse or Vaughn to be in any sets, if they aren't going to make that helmet mold for Cody, they definitely aren't going to make it for a clone in one episode of the show. Plus Lego has only made one named clone that isn't an officer, and with Jesse being an ARC trooper he isn't in that category.

Who knows? Never say never my friend. I feel like the whole "no non-officers" thing is just a rule in the fandom. I highly doubt Lego has any thing against it on principle, they just haven't done it before.

Besides, a battle pack is perfect for characters like Vaughn and Jesse. Especially given the fact that screen time means nothing to Lego (Horn Company, Bomb Squad, Hammer, etc.) And with Vaughn, they might have a reason to finally make a Cody helmet. With Cody alone, it's a one-use thing, with Vaughn, they could at least squeeze two uses of the mold. Certainly it's a reasonable assumption, if not expectation.

To play devil's advocate, Vaughn is an officer, but there is no way he would be included. If they refuse to make the helmet mold for Cody, they will not make it for a clone that just got introduced for one episode. In the grand scheme of thing Vaughn will probably not even get a Hasbro figure, let alone an inclusion in a lego set. If we get a clone with the AAT it will be Rex or a generic clone. Temper expectations.

Yeah, if Cody was coming in the Grievous Starfighter set I would expect Vaughn, but since reliable leakers have said he isn't, there is no way Vaughn is coming in a set.

3 minutes ago, LurkingEhlek said:

To play devil's advocate, Vaughn is an officer, but there is no way he would be included. If they refuse to make the helmet mold for Cody, they will not make it for a clone that just got introduced for one episode. In the grand scheme of thing Vaughn will probably not even get a Hasbro figure, let alone an inclusion in a lego set. If we get a clone with the AAT it will be Rex or a generic clone. Temper expectations.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but hear me out: Vaughn and Cody use the same helmet mold. Perhaps, and this is all I'm saying, Lego won't see the need to make Cody's helmet for one figure (him). But another clone could increase it's viability. It's nothing I expect to happen, but I mean, they have to give us Cody at some point. Why not Vaughn, just for fun?

Of course I'm not expecting it to happen. But to say it won't with any kind of certainty, we just can't say. I expect the only new clones this wave to be Rex, the Jet Trooper, and maybe a 332nd guy. Anyone else would be nice to get (especially in a battle pack, where they'll throw in an officer anyway, so why not someone worth making), but it's not gonna happen, not in this wave, at least.

You guys are too cynical. :wink: Nothing wrong with a little speculation.

Anyway, back to the A-Wing.

Just now, HutchProDucktions said:

Anyone have any clue when we could most likely see leaks for the AAT, AT-AT and Interceptor since they should be out in August?

We're still waiting on a proper Grievous Starfighter leak, so until a retailer posts pictures, we probably won't see them. I'd guess May at the earliest.

1 hour ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Now that episode 9's out, I'm going to hazard a guess that we'll get Rex in the Interceptor, and Ahsoka + 332nd Trooper in the AAT. Then in 2021 we'll get a Battle Pack with Vaughn, Jesse, and 2x 332nd Troopers.

That way, we (a) get the team together again, one last time, :cry_happy: (b) get the more desirable clones (sans Jesse) in this wave, with the possibility of completing the 501st with a Battle Pack next year. I'll be utterly shocked if we don't see everyone in this wave (i.e. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and Rex). And given how popular clone battle packs are (y'know, the $15 ones :laugh:) I wouldn't be surprised to see the 332nd get their own Battle Pack.

As an aside: Now that Rex's a commander, will Jesse be promoted to Captain? Therefore Lego'll give him to us without breaking any unspoken rules? And since Vaughn is a captain, will we get him in a future set? Those are rhetorical questions, but I hope the answer turns out to be yes.

Thanks for the spoilers... :damn:

Just now, ARC2149Nova said:

You guys are too cynical. :wink: Nothing wrong with a little speculation.

Speculation is fine on other sections of the forums, but many people take anything that appears here as fact as this is supposed to be discussion about leaks and news. Plus the mods complain if we speculate too much.

4 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

Speculation is fine on other sections of the forums, but many people take anything that appears here as fact as this is supposed to be discussion about leaks and news. Plus the mods complain if we speculate too much.

Fair enough. I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek though.

4 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

Thanks for the spoilers... :damn:

Spoiler

Um, sorry? I'm assuming you're talking about Commander-related things? If so, there isn't a promotion scene or anything. It's just a throw-away line (i.e. he's still Captain Rex). I didn't think it was that serious.

:wacko:

Edited by ARC2149Nova
Spoiler tagged response

52 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

The fact the A-Wing's cockpit has 3 stickers on it is appalling

Wow, I didn't notice this until you mentioned it.  I actually have mixed feelings about this.  On one hand, it's a cheap move that diminishes the look of the set.  However, the cockpit is a new mold (at least I think so), and MOC-ers may not want it to have A-Wing-specific printing.  Therefore, the optional stickers make it much more versatile.  Kind of like the canopy piece for the UCS Snowspeeder, which, as far as I know, has never appeared in any other set.

Just now, RogueTwo said:

However, the cockpit is a new mold (at least I think so), and MOC-ers may not want it to have A-Wing-specific printing. 

Yes it is, along with the new pieces 6x6 trans-yellow dish (21599), the black wheels (42610) and the red Tile, Modified 2 x 3 Pentagonal (22385). Although i have mixed feelings about stickers, i second you about rare canopy pieces and stickers.

9 hours ago, Displayedaction said:

What?He literally has the visor with flood light,helmet antennas backpack rank logo on his chest plate and shoulder antenna he’s just a different color.Plus the difference in the breathing area located below the mouth of the helmet.

I thought you were talking about his look, not the type of armor. Wasn't clear from your post imo

10 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Looks like the 501st is just loosely based on season 7, I guess spoilers but

Hide contents

the ATRT and BARC speeders didn't appear in the bridge battle and weren't transported to Mandalore either

Spoiler

True, now the biggest connections are the jet trooper and box art. Who knows, though, they might be in another episode, he did take half tha task force with him.

9 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Captain Vaughn looks nothing like Cody. His body armor is 501st and his helmet has the 332th Ahsoka paintjob, aside from the paintcolor on the helmet and the fact they're both clones there are no similarities

Vaughn is literally a recolor of cody, down to the rank rectangle thing on his chestplate.

3 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

Now that episode 9's out, I'm going to hazard a guess that we'll get Rex in the Interceptor, and Ahsoka + 332nd Trooper in the AAT. Then in 2021 we'll get a Battle Pack with Vaughn, Jesse, and 2x 332nd Troopers.

That way, we (a) get the team together again, one last time, :cry_happy: (b) get the more desirable clones (sans Jesse) in this wave, with the possibility of completing the 501st with a Battle Pack next year. I'll be utterly shocked if we don't see everyone in this wave (i.e. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, and Rex). And given how popular clone battle packs are (y'know, the $15 ones :laugh:) I wouldn't be surprised to see the 332nd get their own Battle Pack.

That would be great, I'm still holding out that the possible extra set someone mentioned is for S7 and has whatever doesn't come in the tank.

And I think unfortunately Vaughn is unlikely, given that he's a cody recolor and if they wouldn't make that mold for cody they won't for Vaughn.

*put into spoiler*

Spoiler

Um, sorry? I'm assuming you're talking about Commander-related things? If so, there isn't a promotion scene or anything. It's just a throw-away line (i.e. he's still Captain Rex). I didn't think it was that serious. :wacko:

I agree it's not a big deal, but it still would make sense to put it in a spoiler. Not really anything you said worth getting upset about though, it's all so minor. And I mean,

Spoiler

Technically Rex should have been a commander the second Ahsoka left the order. Also RIP vaughn, and his chances of being in a set now that he shows up in one episode.

18 hours ago, Paul11283652 said:

I had hoped that Nien Numb was included

Why?  Nien Nunb flew in the Millennium Falcon in Return Of The Jedi.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Vaughn is literally a recolor of cody, down to the rank rectangle thing on his chestplate.

Like I said:

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I thought you were talking about his look, not the type of armor. Wasn't clear from your post imo

12 minutes ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Yes, this is what I was saying. I am very much exited for this set

Just unfortunate how long we have to wait now until next "real" star wars wave comes.

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That would be great, I'm still holding out that the possible extra set someone mentioned is for S7 and has whatever doesn't come in the tank.

And I think unfortunately Vaughn is unlikely, given that he's a cody recolor and if they wouldn't make that mold for cody they won't for Vaughn.

I agree it's not a big deal, but it still would make sense to put it in a spoiler. Not really anything you said worth getting upset about though, it's all so minor.

I decided to tag it, so. :def_shrug:

As for Vaughn, at the risk of sounding like a broken record (as I already am :laugh:), it's always possible, that Lego will finally decide to make a mold since Cody and Vaughn use it, and we all know Lego loves it's useless recolors. :grin:

But, I'd much rather get Cody anyway, and there's no way they'll hold him back forever. Vaughn would be nice as the officer for a battle pack, but so would Jesse (and he doesn't have any new molds, but they seem hellbent on skipping ARCs too).

At the end of it all, Rex and at least one 332nd Trooper is the most we can hope for. Maybe future waves will deliver more goodies.

I'm personally more interested in the droids for the AAT. I'm 99.99% certain they're more B1s, but come on, Lego! Give us a couple B2s and a Droideka! Is that too much to ask for?

5 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but hear me out: Vaughn and Cody use the same helmet mold. Perhaps, and this is all I'm saying, Lego won't see the need to make Cody's helmet for one figure (him). But another clone could increase it's viability. It's nothing I expect to happen, but I mean, they have to give us Cody at some point. Why not Vaughn, just for fun?

Of course I'm not expecting it to happen. But to say it won't with any kind of certainty, we just can't say. I expect the only new clones this wave to be Rex, the Jet Trooper, and maybe a 332nd guy. Anyone else would be nice to get (especially in a battle pack, where they'll throw in an officer anyway, so why not someone worth making), but it's not gonna happen, not in this wave, at least.

Thanks for the response! Heres to being hopeful for May. As for your hunch about Cody and Vaughn both having the same helmet mold, I could definitely see it. Lego really should consider that mold anyway. Plenty of already established Phase II Clone commanders have that helmet mold outside of Cody as well and could make a great inclusion to any upcoming clone battlepacks.

Give us a couple B2s and a Droideka! Is that too much to ask for?

We haven't gotten either in a set in FIVE YEARS!

I still think expecting a third figure in Anakin's fighter is unrealistic.  There's only been one time that we got more than two figures in a Jedi fighter priced at $30 or less, and that was eight years ago.  All of the other times we've gotten extra figures, they've been $40 or more and generally come withs some sort of extra piece, be it a hyperdrive ring or a Separatist vehicle/vehicles.  I'd absolutely love a Rex figure in the set, and that's probably the biggest thing that would get me to buy it, but I think expecting it is setting yourself up for disappointment.

I will say, there was an AAT or two in the opening of the episode today, which makes me wonder if Captain Rex is more likely to be in that set over Ahsoka, assuming we even get a name hero at all.  I know that TCW sets typically aren't super accurate to specific source material, but more of a general mixture of influences from several episodes or the series as a whole, and also that minfigures in TCW aren't tied down to actually being in the scene the set is based on to appear in the set (Plo Koon in the Gunship back in 2008, Mace Windu with Grievous' speeder, Ahsoka in the Umbara set), but I'm now wondering which of the two is more plausible

8 minutes ago, Kit Figsto said:

I still think expecting a third figure in Anakin's fighter is unrealistic.  There's only been one time that we got more than two figures in a Jedi fighter priced at $30 or less, and that was eight years ago.  All of the other times we've gotten extra figures, they've been $40 or more and generally come withs some sort of extra piece, be it a hyperdrive ring or a Separatist vehicle/vehicles.  I'd absolutely love a Rex figure in the set, and that's probably the biggest thing that would get me to buy it, but I think expecting it is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Reveal hidden contents

I will say, there was an AAT or two in the opening of the episode today, which makes me wonder if Captain Rex is more likely to be in that set over Ahsoka, assuming we even get a name hero at all.  I know that TCW sets typically aren't super accurate to specific source material, but more of a general mixture of influences from several episodes or the series as a whole, and also that minfigures in TCW aren't tied down to actually being in the scene the set is based on to appear in the set (Plo Koon in the Gunship back in 2008, Mace Windu with Grievous' speeder, Ahsoka in the Umbara set), but I'm now wondering which of the two is more plausible

i mean, we've never gotten 6 figures (and yes the droids count damn it) in a $30 set, either. It's not outside the realm of possibility. Lego doesn't have "rules" per se, but fans have inferred patterns. While those patterns help us predict likely outcomes, we cannot forget that these are simply inferrences, and by no means rules Lego actually follow.

I'd argue that it's more unrealistic to expect Lego to give us yet another Interceptor without something to entice the purchase. Especially another Anakin fighter. I know the two are different, but his Delta 7b and his Eta-2 aren't exactly musts. The 2014 one was fine. Granted, Grievous' starfighter isn't helping (no Cody), but at least the ship itself hasn't been around in 10 years.

Add to that the fact that other starfighters generally didn't need third figures anyway. Anakin's fighter from 2014 was $25, his Delta 7 was $20. Obi-Wan's from 2016 was also $25. The last time we got a $30 starfighter (Jedi or no) was $2014, with the Tri-Fighter, which had 2 Battle Droids, Palpatine (randomly), and a Buzz Droid. So, again. Anything's possible, but we won't know until we see the sets.

I must say that no single set of the summer wave sounds interesting to me. I hoped that we at least would get one OT location set - at the best finally Luke's Home with a molded Bantha to go with this year's Landspeeder and Ben's Hut. But it doesn't seem so ... :cry_sad:

But which I'm really looking forward to is the May 4th Promo. SInce we got an episode 5 and an episode 6 microscale layout last year, I don't understand why there will be another one of episode 6 - why not DS 1 (instead of DS 2) so that we would have an episode 4 layout, too? It may be how it may be - I'm looking forward to it. :thumbup:

Can I just say that Episode 9 gave me such feels? Like the scene where we all know would probably be the last time Anakin and Ahsoka would see each other.....

But yes anyone knows if the UCS gunship is going to be mini-figure scale?