MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

57 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Well apparently Jannah minifig has arm print. That's unexpected, but still no leg print...

Already mentioned by @Lego-Freak a few hours ago :wink:

22 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Honestly I wish the Sith Trooper battle pack came with 2 Sith Troopers and 1 Sith Jet Trooper rather than the other way around

Completely agree, especially since the film itself will surely show us more normal troopers than jet troopers

Personally, I think light bluish gray would look much better than white on the new X-wing, as it was used for the resistance X-wing from 2016. A similar color combination was also used on the Quadjumper, which is in my opinion one of the best looking SW sets. Other toys also show that Poe’s new X-wing is more gray than white: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0727/8355/products/1-72-poe-s-x-wing-fighter-the-rise-of-skywalker-ver-00_1200x1200.jpg?v=1570379639

3 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I mean they make perfect sense for the sets they come in. I just think the mold is looong overdue for an update. Give us a third leg or rotating head or back printing, SOMETHING. I mean just imagine the usefulness of a 2x2 rounded turntable! Or the possibilities of a stud-to-axle connector short enough to connect a cheese slope to the bottom of the R2 body piece. I digress.

They did update the head print for 2020. :tongue:

42 minutes ago, storskogen said:

Personally, I think light bluish gray would look much better than white on the new X-wing, as it was used for the resistance X-wing from 2016. A similar color combination was also used on the Quadjumper, which is in my opinion one of the best looking SW sets. Other toys also show that Poe’s new X-wing is more gray than white: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0727/8355/products/1-72-poe-s-x-wing-fighter-the-rise-of-skywalker-ver-00_1200x1200.jpg?v=1570379639

It looks white to me, the grey areas probably look grey because of the lighting

The Duel at Mustafar is nicer than expected, specially on the variety of pieces used. The torsos are a bit different so useful for MOCs. Good candidate with a discount.

Others here have probably already noticed it, but I'm surprised that I've overlooked the new smaller bow brick introduced with Poe's latest X-Wing... :oh:

lego-star-wars-2020-75273-004.jpg

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Honestly I wish the Sith Trooper battle pack came with 2 Sith Troopers and 1 Sith Jet Trooper rather than the other way around

Agreed

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

It looks white to me, the grey areas probably look grey because of the lighting

Yeah, it is supposed to be white, I think.

Has anyone noticed the white clips on the back of Old Ben's hut? Looks to me like they might be planning for some sort of modular extention. Although I can't really imagine Ben's hut to be a profitable modular set.. 

Did I miss anything? Are the clips maybe just lightsaber holders or something like that? I don't think the modular-option is very plausible but I don't see any other real use for the clips either.. 

On 11/21/2019 at 3:24 AM, Guyon2002 said:

I'm honestly surprised no one has complained about the 2 R2's yet

What's wrong with the R2 figures, did they make a change to him?

27 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I guess the complaint is related to the fact they haven't changed anything of R2 in years.

Adding back printing or a third leg would be good improvements for such an iconic SW character minifig. 

Edited by dvogon

32 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

With previous waves a lot of people (especially on Instagram) complained about the amount of R2's in the sets

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I think the head print is different but the complaints are referring to that he appears twice. In my opinion both his appearances make sense, but it's more so that another landspeeder exists at all this soon after the previous that annoys me.

5 hours ago, Kit Bricksto said:

Has anyone noticed the white clips on the back of Old Ben's hut? Looks to me like they might be planning for some sort of modular extention. Although I can't really imagine Ben's hut to be a profitable modular set.. 

Did I miss anything? Are the clips maybe just lightsaber holders or something like that? I don't think the modular-option is very plausible but I don't see any other real use for the clips either.. 

I think they're just equipment holders o decoration or something. It's clearly not a modular set, as it has nothing to connect to in-universe.

On 11/20/2019 at 3:14 PM, wesker said:

They did update the head print for 2020. :tongue:

You're right I take it all back, it's absolute perfection now, LEGO R2 a hundred years! :tongue: :rofl:

I just gotta say, the more I look at the TIE Dagger the more I love its design. The wings and cockpit remind me so much of Old Republic era Sith designs and I'm sure that was intentional. On the LEGO model there's just something so satisfying about how they made perfect triangles using existing plates along with that very useful new pointed wedge plate. I love the red edge to the wings owing to the blade look. Also the inside of the wings look just as good as the outside and the cockpit is perfectly smooth and rounded on the bottom. Overall the shaping is really nice though the back does look a little off since the quarter dome pieces are affixed using both standard and SNOT techniques. Also, can we talk about how they finally gave a TIE Fighter green blast pieces?

Edited by ToaDraco

Now that pictures of the Architecture, Marvel and Minecraft sets have surfaced as well, there’s just one regular January set left to be revealed, namely the Mando BP... There’s not even a listing for it on misterbricks.nl, where set descriptions for all the January/February sets were discovered earlier today. I wonder what’s up with that? If they were that concerned about spoilers, they’d probably have planned to release it in the summer :shrug_oh_well:

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Now that pictures of the Architecture, Marvel and Minecraft sets have surfaced as well, there’s just one regular January set left to be revealed, namely the Mando BP... There’s not even a listing for it on misterbricks.nl, where set descriptions for all the January/February sets were discovered earlier today. I wonder what’s up with that? If they were that concerned about spoilers, they’d probably have planned to release it in the summer :shrug_oh_well:

I read somewhere that our spoilery little friend from the mandalorian was the reason some merchandise was held back or hidden (and they'd want to have ALOT of merch for this guy, so you know they've got it waiting in the wings). Might be that lego isn't sure if they can release it yet.

Spoiler

And in addition to baby yoda, while we have seen 4 mandos in full armor (the mandolorian, the armorer, the 2 mandalorians gaming in the background that feature in the end credit art), none of their designs match up with the existing torso, so maybe we're waiting until his clan gets more focus.

^non spoiler version of above: No one's torso in the show really resembles the leaked one, so maybe it's considered a spoiler and was just an unlucky production leak.

After today's episode of The Mandalorian I'm honestly not surprised the battlepack wasn't revealed yet. So I think the pack will include 

Spoiler

The Armorer, Heavy Infantry (the big guy) and 2 other Mandalorians. Pack itself being based on the big fight at the end of ep3.

The series just keeps getting better and better!

Edited by Guyon2002

Spoiler

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

After today's episode of The Mandalorian I'm honestly not surprised the battlepack wasn't revealed yet. So I think the pack will include 

Hide contents

The Armorer, Heavy Infantry (the big guy) and 2 other Mandalorians. Pack itself being based on the big fight at the end of ep3.

The series just keeps getting better and better!

Agreed about this episode featuring the battle pack characters. I suspect it might include our spoilers little friend as well.

Spoiler

Still waiting for the AT-ST though.

Is the

armorer the Mando with the spiked helmet?

I try to avoid spoilers, but I‘ve seen that one in a thumbnail somewhere :snicker: That would be a cool addition to our roster of Mandos (and pseudo-Mandos), but I think they‘d print the spikes onto the regular Mando helmet mould rather than create a specific mould for that character

Edited by Lego-Freak

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Is the

Reveal hidden contents

armorer the Mando with the spiked helmet?

I try to avoid spoilers, but I‘ve seen that one in a thumbnail somewhere :snicker: That would be a cool addition to our roster of Mandos (and pseudo-Mandos), but I think they‘d print the spikes onto the regular Mando helmet mould rather than create a specific mould for that character

Spoiler

The Armorer is indeed the woman with the golden spiked helmet

I'll be getting 2 of the Mando battle pack for sure. Awesome episode that just demands recreation in Lego.

My late two cents, ranking the sets.  I have tried to be as objective as possible, meaning that I have ranked them according to how "good" they are, not how much I want them.

1. Skyhopper vs. Bantha
It's adorable, and a Bantha of any kind is long-overdue.  Enough said.

2. Kylo Ren's Shuttle Microfighter
Including Kylo with helmet in a $10 dollars seems very generous, plus there are two collectible minifigure stands built into the wings, and I can always use more of those.

3. Luke's Landspeeder
Yes, this vehicle is way oversized, but I appreciate the effort put into making this way more than just a simple remake.  It almost feels like a mini-UCS.  Plus, that poncho!

4. Obi-Wan's Hut
I would like to rank this higher, but the hut, itself, is pretty sparse, and the very bland Obi-Wan figure (no leg printing and hair from the 1980s?  Really?) bring it down few notches.  The saving grace is the hologram piece, and the novelty.

5. Y-Wing Microfighter

The build seems very good, but a Zorri Bliss repeat figure might seem a bit redundant to many (compared to, say, another Resistance pilot), unless she ends up being awesome in TROS.

6. First Order Battle Pack

If I"m honest, the speeder build is actually quite good.  The set is largely unremarkable to me, but some may find the Sith Troopers interesting.

7. The new X-Wing is tragic; on one hand, the engineering looks like a slight improvement to 75102 and 75149, and the minifigures are awesome (except R2, and, arguably, the Poe repeat)....BUT those colors are an eyesore, and the price is even worse.  I will definitely get it and mod it, but I will probably wait for a good sale.  Better than getting 75102 or 75149 on eBay, I suppose...

8. Duel on Mustafar
Well, they tried...I think.  

9. TIE Dagger

The price is terrible, this is a $50 set at most.  I can't even look at it objectively until it goes on sale.

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

7. The new X-Wing is tragic; on one hand, the engineering looks like a slight improvement to 75102 and 75149, and the minifigures are awesome (except R2, and, arguably, the Poe repeat)....BUT those colors are an eyesore, and the price is even worse.  I will definitely get it and mod it, but I will probably wait for a good sale.  Better than getting 75102 or 75149 on eBay, I suppose...

Oof, I actually like the color scheme! Way better than the black and orange from episode 7 (reminds me of Halloween lol). 

But the price is definitely scary. I can imagine it being 20% off before release