48082134722_379935e418_z.jpg

The infamous Captain Nordau and a representative of the Sea Rat port authorities take a walk on a Garveyan boardwalk in Freeport, and in the process a large bag of DBs and some papers change hands respectively... only time will tell where it all will go from here!

48082036931_1511b3b0c6_z.jpg

But, little do they know, they are not alone - other ears are hearing every word that is said...

And a shot of the infamous pirate Captain on the beach:

48082034966_a932328a8a_z.jpg

Hello y'all!  A little scene to officially inaugurate my Black Flag Captain's agreement with the Sea Rat authorities - the details of which, for the curious, are that which Captain Nordau has bribed bought the future silence of all Sea Rat port authorities (i.e., the location of the Captain's ship(s) won't be published in the KPA when he's in a SR settlement) in exchange for 5000 DBs and a Class 4 ship which he has given to the Sea Rat faction.  And yep, we did get the court's approval and all, so all's fair and above board - figuratively speaking, you know :pir_laugh2:  

Spoiler

Basically, Captain Nordau is buying into the provision the Sea Rats got a few KPA's ago (except that he has to pay a lot for it and it doesn't apply to Garvey either so yeah - not cheap :pir-grin:  I mostly just wanted to put some of those DBs to some good use and hopefully help the Sea Rats out a little with their fort problems (which they seem to have figured out on there own, though!)  From the KPA:

Sea Rats bribe Garveyian officials?

Unconfirmed rumors from Freeport suggest that the Sea Rats have bought the silence of Garveyian port authorities all across the Brick Seas. Even though we have eye witnesses that have spotted known Sea Rat pirates in various Garveyian ports, some docked in nearby out-of-the-way lagoons, all attempts to find them listed in official port registries has failed. Our reporters have met similar resistance in Sea Rat ports. As such, we cannot report definitively on the whereabouts of black flag vessels when they are docked in Garvey or Sea Rat ports. Consider yourself warned!

Oh, and no, this is not the start of another ETWC monkey story, I just couldn't resist the urge to get at least one monkey in the scene! :grin: :laugh:

Was really happy with how the sea background worked out; and it was awesome getting to crack out that light yellow for the beach!  Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome as always!

The first shot here looks really nice with that light blue background!   Great curve on the walk and the vines over it look really good!

The scene is beautiful! the tree, vines, sand, minifgs but most importantly the quality and realism of the pictures! Those are really stunning. You've managed to perfectly dublicate the caribean vibe

Beautiful scene! The curved boardwalk and the ground foliage are well done. The photography is top notch with the soft background! :thumbup:

Very nice and creative arrangement. :thumbup: The boardwalk is a beauty, and the presentation is excellent. I suppose it just aimlessly meanders to allow plenty of time for these conversations, er, transactions to take place... Good luck with whatever endeavors they find themselves in. :pir-wink:

Does the monkey have the extra ears, or someone else? Or may I even ask that? :grin:

This is well done ! Well worth the wait!  Looking forward to the future of our black flags!

12 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Does the monkey have the extra ears, or someone else? Or may I even ask that? :grin:

I suspect the parrot hiding in the underbrush ... Very suspicious 

Nice build!
I like the blur-sharp-blur camera effect you got to make it feel like there is way more depth then there is. 

On 6/18/2019 at 12:08 AM, Garmadon said:

Sea Rat port authorities

Lol, we got those? or did you use a fancy name for a handfull of pirates who needed 4 months to agree on how much money to accept :D :D :D 

But, little do they know, they are not alone - other ears are hearing every word that is said...

I don't follow this bit, I can't find another figure in the build. or is this the viewer so they could tell us, "breaking the 4h wall" 

I mostly just wanted to put some of those DBs to some good use and hopefully help the Sea Rats out a little with their fort problems  (which they seem to have figured out on there own, though!)

Not quite still got a minor unballance in our finances. 178 db yield vs 700 db upkeep on the faction account. So we need to do some more honest pirating trading all over the brick seas.

On 6/17/2019 at 7:31 PM, Kai NRG said:

The first shot here looks really nice with that light blue background!   Great curve on the walk and the vines over it look really good!

On 6/18/2019 at 5:30 AM, Drunknok said:

Nice build and excellent photography - great scene alltogether! :thumbup:

On 6/18/2019 at 10:13 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Beautiful scene! The curved boardwalk and the ground foliage are well done. The photography is top notch with the soft background! :thumbup:

Thanks guys!  I was quite happy with how the photography turned out, and I really like using these colors!    

On 6/18/2019 at 7:50 AM, Fraunces said:

The scene is beautiful! the tree, vines, sand, minifgs but most importantly the quality and realism of the pictures! Those are really stunning. You've managed to perfectly dublicate the caribean vibe

Thanks mate!  Glad to hear it - that was the goal! :pir-grin:

16 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Very nice and creative arrangement. :thumbup: The boardwalk is a beauty, and the presentation is excellent. I suppose it just aimlessly meanders to allow plenty of time for these conversations, er, transactions to take place... Good luck with whatever endeavors they find themselves in. :pir-wink:

Thanks Captain!  Another tree was originally planned to form the right border of the scene, but Kai suggested that they were looking a little too un-tropical, so I stuck to this one, which didn't stand out too much by itself.

Yes, I believe it does - probably a SR national park or something (that's what those are for, right? :tongue:)  And yep, I was thinking of the monkey (I am in the ETWC, you know... :pir-laugh:), but as Rm points out, there is also another Sea Rat parrot... and a few Olean frogs... and a Corrie crab...  No other minifigs though, that I know of, anyways! :look: :grin:

3 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

This is well done ! Well worth the wait!  Looking forward to the future of our black flags!

I suspect the parrot hiding in the underbrush ... Very suspicious 

Thanks Rm!  We certainly need more pirates! :pir-grin: :pir-classic:  And yes, there are a lot of animals around, actually (though they're not all visible in the pics).

28 minutes ago, Bart said:

Nice build!
I like the blur-sharp-blur camera effect you got to make it feel like there is way more depth then there is. 

Lol, we got those? or did you use a fancy name for a handfull of pirates who needed 4 months to agree on how much money to accept :D :D :D 

I don't follow this bit, I can't find another figure in the build. or is this the viewer so they could tell us, "breaking the 4h wall" 

Not quite still got a minor unballance in our finances. 178 db yield vs 700 db upkeep on the faction account. So we need to do some more honest pirating trading all over the brick seas.

Thanks Bart - and no worries, it took me about another three months to get around to building this! :laugh: :grin:  That was referring to the monkey, in point of fact, but as I mentioned to Captain Dee, there are actually a large number of ears around (do crabs have ears? :pir-grin:)

Hope you guys can get it figured out!  Maybe a few raids are in order? :pir-devil: ... :innocent:

Fine foto, fine scene. 

And certainly this is a recruitment scene. Those monkeys are always looking out for 2-handers to handle their affairs. :pir-grin:

So maybe there is a job for Captain Nordau on Gunpowder Island... ??  :monkey:

Nice photos! The curved path looks amazing and good job with the foliage. And the ship in the spoiler is very well built too, I know it has been posted before but it's still pleasing to see it again.

Lovely scene Garm, I especially like all the bright greenery and the way you've layered it. The way the boardwalk curves really adds to the scene as well.