KotZ

24: Mafia - Confirmation and Discussion

21 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Exactly. I'll have my own thoughts up after this game, and I've always wanted another Harriet Slutter.

Also because I forgot to say, thank you Kristel and Jamesn for playing! 

Oh thanks :classic:.

@Kwatchi veteran is relative; I mean I've been doing this for years and I still suck :tongue:.

16 hours ago, KotZ said:

Also because I forgot to say, thank you Kristel and Jamesn for playing!

Thanks.  Had fun while it lasted.

On 1/18/2019 at 7:57 PM, mediumsnowman said:

For what’s its worth you were awesome in Trial by Jury and I’ll be sad to see you go @Kwatchi :cry_sad:

I do agree this community in particular has a bit of a metagaming problem and I think a truly anonymous game (Harriet Slutter rerun?) would be fantastic for energizing both old and new players, and lynches truly would have a better chance to go down based on what’s said rather than who’s saying it. :look:

Agree, anonymous games are fun (but tough to do, with having to carefully remember to log out of your real account and stuff...) And I think it'd work well. A few times that I've done it here before it didn't work terribly well since certain players had rather obvious tells that let us figure them out quickly

On 1/18/2019 at 11:46 PM, jamesn said:

@Kwatchi veteran is relative; I mean I've been doing this for years and I still suck :tongue:.

Hey, lots of us do. That's half the fun. We can all suck together. 

On 1/18/2019 at 8:46 PM, jamesn said:

veteran is relative; I mean I've been doing this for years and I still suck :tongue:.

5 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

Hey, lots of us do. That's half the fun. We can all suck together. 

Absolutely. I think I won my first game maybe two or three games ago (I consider winning survivng to the end with your team), and I've been playing on here for a long time.

4 hours ago, KotZ said:

Absolutely. I think I won my first game maybe two or three games ago (I consider winning survivng to the end with your team), and I've been playing on here for a long time.

I think the standard EB mafia approach to winning is having played for the team that won, regardless of whether or not you survived to the end.  Surviving and winning are two different things, and in the course of a game, the contributions of a deceased player can have been extremely important to their side winning in the end.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:46 PM, jamesn said:

I’ve played almost every mafia game on EB since 2008 and I’ve hosted a ton of them and I’m still awful at them. 

At this point it’s about the journey and not the destination for me.

I’d have to contact the administration team about making 16 or more new accounts, but I think I can manage a totally anonymous game for the next one that I’m hosting after this one. Should be an additional interesting dynamic to what I’d already planned. 

7 hours ago, Bob said:

I’ve played almost every mafia game on EB since 2008 and I’ve hosted a ton of them and I’m still awful at them. 

I’d have to contact the administration team about making 16 or more new accounts, but I think I can manage a totally anonymous game for the next one that I’m hosting after this one. Should be an additional interesting dynamic to what I’d already planned. 

well that sounds exceptionally devious.  Count me in.

On 1/19/2019 at 8:45 PM, KotZ said:

Thank you Lady K for playing!

Thank you for hosting.  I had fun and look forward to watching the rest of the game. 

On 1/21/2019 at 6:07 AM, Bob said:

I agree; the journey with how each game plays out is what is important.  Winning/ losing/ living/ being lynched or killed off is really all the same if you continue to have fun.

And a sorry to everyone for my lack of keeping up due to recovering from the flu; my mind was mush the whole time. :blush:

Bob, count me in for an anonymous game; sounds fun and a real challenge.  :sweet:

On 1/21/2019 at 5:07 AM, Bob said:

Same. Once I found I won one or two, the end goal of survivng wasn'tas important, rather the strategy was more fun.

And I'm in for an anonymous game. I'm rereading Harriet Slutter and I forgot how absolutely hilarious it was.

On 1/22/2019 at 10:24 AM, KotZ said:

And I'm in for an anonymous game. I'm rereading Harriet Slutter and I forgot how absolutely hilarious it was.

It was great and awful all at once!

From waht I have gathered from what has been said, it would be a game where people would sign into brand new accounts specifically created for the game. I would definitely be apart of that game if we ever have one. 

40 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

From waht I have gathered from what has been said, it would be a game where people would sign into brand new accounts specifically created for the game. I would definitely be apart of that game if we ever have one. 

Oh wow okay. That sounds cool!

Sounds like it has support. Will the powers that be allow it?  Find out in our next episode. Same brick time. Same brick channel. 

2 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Sounds like it has support. Will the powers that be allow it?  Find out in our next episode. Same brick time. Same brick channel. 

It's been done many times. It's a different experience, since it eliminates the meta-game, someone is acting different than they usually do factor. 

Yeah, an anonymous game sounds fun. One of the first games I read through was Minimal Mafia, another anonymous game, and that looked good. 

6 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

It's been done many times. It's a different experience, since it eliminates the meta-game, someone is acting different than they usually do factor. 

I look forward to giving one a try.