Capt Wolf

Kings Port Advertiser and Ship List (Vol 3, Issue 7) October-December 618

Letter to Eslandolan Authorities ( @Capt Wolf )

December 618 the 2nd, on our way heading to Trador several miles south of Fuerte Unido. We crossed way with a small skiff looking like a jury-rigged catamaran flying Corrington and WTC colours.

As its path was not obvious, we thought it was probably lost at sea and decide to tack straight to it. The skiff, crippled, tack many times, probably trying to maneuver, and we heard a loud "BANG" with lot of smoke coming from the skiff

We interpreted this as a distress signal so the Eagle come close the skiff while the Vic Viper started to circle around looking for remains after a shipwreck, and possible shipwrecked.

As the Eagle closed to the catamaran, we saw 3 men on board that seemed to be very bewildered, perhaps because of deshydration. The last shreds of doubt vanished when one of those men shout "on board" 

and tried to come onboard the Eagle. We rescued the 3 men, and offered them enough water to snap out of it while the Vic Viper, came empty-handed from its searching journey, towed the skiff.

The 3 men remained very lively and sometimes spoiled the drill and we had no choice to put them down in the hold when one of them (no doubt he is a corrish true patriot) climb the mast and tried to heave a corrish flag he had rounded as a belt around his hips.

Despite we have them helped with fresh water and food, they stay pretty bewildered for the rest of the trip. As we do not have any skills in shaked up people treatment, the 3 men and their skiff were released at the harbour of Trador free to sail if they want to.

Please could you inform the WTC ( @Drunknok @Mesabi ) and the Corrish board ( @Bregir @Ayrlego ) that they were rescued with strict respect of naval laws and disembarked with 3 day full supply (food and water)

We join to this letter the exact coordinates where we found the skiff, in care of Corrish admiralty to organize the search operation if some ship are missing.

We recommand to the watch of Trador to keep an eye upon those 3 still disoriented men in case of they decided to board a ship in the harbour or even raid the whole city of their little 3 selves

Kind regards

P. Herry, captain of the Eagle

Edited by Professor Thaum

On 12/19/2018 at 5:00 PM, Professor Thaum said:

the 3 men and their skiff were released at the harbour of Trador free to sail if they want to.

Just to avoid any confusion: you let the WTC Bully Boy I sail under my control from next turn again, without asking for anything. Correct?

19 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Correct !

Nice. Thank you. :classic:

May I ask why?

I think either @Capt Wolf or @Legostone will have to manually change ownership of the ship ("WTC Bully Boy I") back to me then.

6 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

May I ask why?

I think either @Capt Wolf or @Legostone will have to manually change ownership of the ship ("WTC Bully Boy I") back to me then.

I don't think we actually changed it yet :P 

15 hours ago, Drunknok said:

May I ask why?

Sure : we are the Sea Rats, the scum of the earth... but at sea, we are true lords.

So we can easily recognize and rescue shipwrecked when we encounter them.

That was a pleasure...

Just now, Professor Thaum said:

Sure : we are the Sea Rats, the scum of the earth... but at sea, we are true lords.

:thumbup: :thumbup: 

On 12/11/2018 at 4:47 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Known Black Flag Ships Still At Large (all of their crews scoundrels and wanted for piracy!):

Apollo’s Mirth
Cardinal’s Shadow
Clearance
Hand of Fate

Jolly Rogers
Killer Frog

Komodo Dragon II
Rover

Villain’s Boat
Viper
Warped Wood
WTC Judgement

Is this list still complete, or did some ships get added in the last turn?

52 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Is this list still complete, or did some ships get added in the last turn?

It's supposed to be, but it's easy to miss ships for this list. If there is a ship you think is missing from the list, or that shouldn't be on it, let me know.

20 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

It's supposed to be, but it's easy to miss ships for this list. If there is a ship you think is missing from the list, or that shouldn't be on it, let me know.

I wonder about the WTC Bully Boy I and all other ships that were involved in the action with the Vic Viper and The Eagle (from @Professor Thaum). One side attacked the other while none was blackflagged (as far as I know), so this should raise some Black Flags, or not?

By the way: is there an easy way to look at past tMRCA orders of your own?

Just now, Drunknok said:

I wonder about the WTC Bully Boy I and all other ships that were involved in the action with the Vic Viper and The Eagle

I think due to Prof Thaum's story of rescuing the WTC Bully Boy I and its accompanying ships, no authorities are under the impression that a black flag attack was committed. If he were to state he was attacked, then they would be marked as black flags. Basically, you owe Prof Thaum at least a drink! :pir-grin:

5 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

I think due to Prof Thaum's story of rescuing the WTC Bully Boy I and its accompanying ships, no authorities are under the impression that a black flag attack was committed. If he were to state he was attacked, then they would be marked as black flags.

Okay, thanks a lot for clearing this up. :classic:

5 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Basically, you owe Prof Thaum at least a drink! :pir-grin:

I do indeed. :thumbup:

14 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

I wonder about the WTC Bully Boy I and all other ships that were involved in the action with the Vic Viper and The Eagle (from @Professor Thaum). One side attacked the other while none was blackflagged (as far as I know), so this should raise some Black Flags, or not? 

Corrington is awaiting the WTC's response to Allcock's letter before declaring anyone outlawed.

11 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

no authorities are under the impression that a black flag attack was committed.

This might be overstating it, though... :pir-tongue:

Just now, Bregir said:

This might be overstating it, though... :pir-tongue:

How about ... Authorities do not have enough evidence at this time to declare a black flag attack was committed. :pir-grin:

A clarification of the BF rules might be a good thing then, because this current process is not stated in the rules at any point.

6 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

A clarification of the BF rules might be a good thing then, because this current process is not stated in the rules at any point.

Duly noted. There was a lot of territory to cover when we rolled out the BF rules back in February. Thanks.

To be frank: I did not expect the case of my ships to be ambiguous. You have the data on what orders were given and who attacked whom - based on that I thought the result would be clear and well defined. I assumed from the beginning that my ships would sail under the Black Flag now, I just wondered why they did not show up in the list.

And I can no longer find the small black skull that previously indicated the BF status of ships in the account summary sheet anymore. Has it been removed on purpose?

11 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

I did not expect the case of my ships to be ambiguous.

I think the ambiguity will depend on the WTC's response. You have explained the case elsewhere - now we are just waiting for an IC resolution.

17 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

And I can no longer find the small black skull that previously indicated the BF status of ships in the account summary sheet anymore. Has it been removed on purpose?

I think it broke something, I can see if I can add it back at some point. 

5th day of the 1st month, 619

Mesabi Landing

To the captains of the Vic Viper and The Eagle, currently docking in Trador.

it has come to my attention how you have treated one of the ships and its crew sailing under the WTCs flag. Your behaviour can not be described as anything but honourable and gracious. We wish to thank you for that, and as a sign of our gratitude will offer both of your ships preferred treatment and celebrations the next time you sail to Mesabi Landing.

With kind regards and the thanks of the Wayfarer Trading Company,

Kadeus Mordo,

Executive of Foreign Affairs

@Professor Thaum

This offer stands for an unlimited amount of time, until either the Vic Viper or The Eagle have been in Mesabi Landing. Their "port tax" will then by default be a "11"  (i.e. 50DB per ship on top of whatever they gain in trading). You can choose to pick "8" instead (essentially a free small residence for a settlement of your choice).

Edited by Drunknok
Fixing typos.

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

@Capt Wolf Can someone tell me the stats of the HMS Badger, my captured ship?

The HMS Badger (currently held in Lavalette, I believe) is no longer in the Corrington fleet list, so I can't help you, but I think you should be able to see it in the SR list? (Not sure how the SR handle availability of that list though)

On 12/16/2018 at 3:22 PM, Elostirion said:

What a wonderful write-up @Capt Wolf - thanks so much!

I particularly like the aMRCA summaries.

Hide contents

Colour of the Wind

Oscuridad II

MAESTRO

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

35 DBs owed in taxes

Eslandita

Oscuridad II

MCTC

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

33 DBs owed in taxes

Jon El Flurry

Oscuridad II

MCTC

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

39 DBs owed in taxes

Long Beard II

Oscuridad II

Puerto Desafio

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Midas Touch

Oscuridad II

Nova Terreli

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Oscuridad II

Oscuridad II

Eslandola

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Reventazon

Oscuridad II

Legostone

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

22 DBs owed in taxes

Santiago

Oscuridad II

Legostone

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

45 DBs owed in taxes

Far Horizon

Stormbringer II

Capt Wolf

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

72 DBs owed in taxes

Hammerhead

Stormbringer II

Eslandola

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Purple Rain

Stormbringer II

Maxim I

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

42 DBs owed in taxes

Sleeping Siren II

Stormbringer II

Weelond

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Stormbringer II

Stormbringer II

Eslandola

Eslandola

Nova Terreli

Gardenia

Gilded Lilly

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

17 DBs owed in taxes

Gazelle

Gilded Lilly

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

24 DBs owed in taxes

Gilded Lilly

Gilded Lilly

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

31 DBs owed in taxes

Golden Shekel

Gilded Lilly

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

17 DBs owed in taxes

Gun Runner

Gilded Lilly

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

24 DBs owed in taxes

Golden Apple

Goldfish

Garvey

Garvey

Nova Terreli

45 DBs owed in taxes

@Maxim I (for yourself and MAESTRO), @Capt Wolf (for MCTC, ESL, Garvey), @Legostone  (for yourself) - looking forward to your tax payments towards Nova Terreli.

Paid for both myself and MAESTRO

4 hours ago, Bregir said:

(Not sure how the SR handle availability of that list though)

Somebody sended me a link ones, but I've lost it. I think most searats don't even know about the list or what the intended purpose should be. 

Arent all ships also in the account sheets? 

Edited by Bart