51 minutes ago, Immo said:

If it can't make a u-turn on my dinner table, it's too big :laugh:

Well, with the turning radius of the average Technic model, you either have a BIG table or only very small sets:wink:.

But I agree, there is more challenge and fun in putting a lot of functions in smaller scale

On 11/28/2018 at 7:53 AM, Rudivdk said:

Well, with the turning radius of the average Technic model, you either have a BIG table or only very small sets:wink:.

But I agree, there is more challenge and fun in putting a lot of functions in smaller scale

Well, when I bought large sets - 42000 or 42039 - I did it with the intention of building way smaller C-Models. More "tightly packed", but still around 40 studs long. It worked in both cases. OK, they are too big to make a U-Tuirn on my table, but they can make a 180 turn in three moves, so it's fine :laugh:

Belle.png  39er.png

Edited by Immo

Well, i don´t want my first post (or second after my "my name is...." post) to be a rant... But i don´t like that thing that lego calls a corvette. In my opinion the wheels are way to small, the motor is made out of the "nails" (the axles with a flat end) and the front doesn´t look particulary good. It´s a shame Lego didn´t bring the corvette as a1:8 scale model like the Porsche 911 GTR3 or the Bugatti. That would be really huge.

But the upside to this matter: The B-Model "Hot Rod" doesn´t look to bad, compared with the corvette. I don´t have the urge to buy this corvette, but maybe i´ll buy the set to build the B-model.

B-model is better, but I will buy it, because of those arches and lot of other orange parts (yes, I like orange and oranges also)

I for one really like the narrow tires.  Sure they may not be perfect for the corvette, but narrow tires are pretty uncommon in Technic, and LEGO in general for that matter.  I can't bring myself to get the box on wheels Double Decker Bus so this is a great way to get those wheels plus the smaller wheel arches.  I would have preferred red, blue or especially black, but orange is not terrible.  

7 hours ago, dforce said:

I for one really like the narrow tires.  Sure they may not be perfect for the corvette, but narrow tires are pretty uncommon in Technic, and LEGO in general for that matter.  I can't bring myself to get the box on wheels Double Decker Bus so this is a great way to get those wheels plus the smaller wheel arches.  I would have preferred red, blue or especially black, but orange is not terrible.  

Yes, tires are definitely very  big plus in this set, but on hot rod we can always use bigger rear wheel / tire combo.

Does anyone know if these narrow tyres have the same rolling radius as the 22 wide ? It would then be useful for making models of cars with narrower fronts like caterham and lotus

2 hours ago, Seasider said:

Does anyone know if these narrow tyres have the same rolling radius as the 22 wide ? It would then be useful for making models of cars with narrower fronts like caterham and lotus

They are 43.2mm in diameter and 14mm wide if this helps you.

7 hours ago, I_Igor said:

They are 43.2mm in diameter and 14mm wide if this helps you.

I think that means they’re the same then in terms of diameter and so that gives us a narrow and wide road tyre

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

I think that means they’re the same then in terms of diameter and so that gives us a narrow and wide road tyre

That is also my conclusion :wink:

On 11/29/2018 at 9:05 PM, Steinbeisserheld said:

the motor is made out of the "nails" (the axles with a flat end)

It's an old MOCcer trick and it makes total sense at that scale.

On 11/29/2018 at 9:05 PM, Steinbeisserheld said:

It´s a shame Lego didn´t bring the corvette as a1:8 scale model like the Porsche 911 GTR3 or the Bugatti. That would be really huge.

I'm for one happy that finally we have a licensed model shorter than 40 studs. It'll be affordable. And it's done pretty well for that scale.

6 hours ago, Immo said:

I'm for one happy that finally we have a licensed model shorter than 40 studs. It'll be affordable. And it's done pretty well for that scale.

Me too, as I can't always afford the bigger sets, I am always grateful for these smaller ones. Great part packs as well. 

Well, if you are happy with the corvette, have a lot fun with it. :wink:

I understand that a smaller scale modell which isn´t that sophisticated is more affordable than the great scale models as the GTR3 or the Bugatti. That´s an important point for a lot of people.

My thoughts were just that i already buyed a great Porsche, and if Lego brings another great modell and a smaller one, i would have preferred to get the Corvette as a detailed and sophisticated modell instead of yet another Porsche.

Oh so now it does not have a 5x1x13 frame in black all of a sudden!

CMON MAN

52 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

Oh so now it does not have a 5x1x13 frame in black all of a sudden!

CMON MAN

I wrote that I thought it wasn't. Idoes seem it was as expected; a shadow.

12 hours ago, Steinbeisserheld said:

Well, if you are happy with the corvette, have a lot fun with it. :wink:

I understand that a smaller scale modell which isn´t that sophisticated is more affordable than the great scale models as the GTR3 or the Bugatti. That´s an important point for a lot of people.

My thoughts were just that i already buyed a great Porsche, and if Lego brings another great modell and a smaller one, i would have preferred to get the Corvette as a detailed and sophisticated modell instead of yet another Porsche.

I am almost certain there will be another big car set coming, considering they just released the Bugatti recently I wouldn't expect to see it for at least another year though. Maybe you will get what you want and it will be a Corvette, surely you don't expect 2 or 3 of those a year, they would become "old hat" quickly and wouldn't be near as special or rather Flagship material. 

10 hours ago, letsbuild said:

Where?

In the dreams that do not comes true :laugh:

Actually it can not be located under the black 12t bewel gear.

Because there is an axle there.

Edited by Aleh

That axle is the engine. The black 12T for the steering (lower axle) uses a blue 20T clutch on the engine axle to pass through via another 12T above the 20T clutch to where the hog is (8T at back). The engine axle passes over the differential then goes via a 12T to the tan 20T then onto the diff.

i.e. it's definitely a 20T clutch gear, and blue seems to fit given it's in shadow.

8 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

That axle is the engine. The black 12T for the steering (lower axle) uses a blue 20T clutch on the engine axle to pass through via another 12T above the 20T clutch to where the hog is (8T at back). The engine axle passes over the differential then goes via a 12T to the tan 20T then onto the diff.

i.e. it's definitely a 20T clutch gear, and blue seems to fit given it's in shadow.

It is true, perhaps this little thing is better parts pack than I thought at the first place ...

23 hours ago, I_Igor said:

It is true, perhaps this little thing is better parts pack than I thought at the first place ...

That's what I'm thinking too. Reasonable price, it's got a bunch of nice orange bits (e.g. 6 #3 connectors, wheel arches, large panels, 3x11 curved with 10 holes), has some of the black 3x13 curved panels, a 20Z clutch, the thin profile tyres. Plus a nice B model to boot. I can see a bunch of C-models coming out of it as well.

This set is more like a rare part pack with a license rather than an authentic licensed set.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

9 hours ago, JonathanM said:

That's what I'm thinking too. Reasonable price, it's got a bunch of nice orange bits (e.g. 6 #3 connectors, wheel arches, large panels, 3x11 curved with 10 holes), has some of the black 3x13 curved panels, a 20Z clutch, the thin profile tyres. Plus a nice B model to boot. I can see a bunch of C-models coming out of it as well.

The Hot Rod isn´t that bad. Maybe it´s possible to use some  parts from the 42077 to create a decent modell based on the Hot Rod. Wheels, suspension and steering from the 42077, body from the Hot rod. The wheels should fill the wheel arches, the V6 engine from the 42077 is too big für that Hot Rod, but if you use only 4 cylindres in V-shape and cover the open side with 4 plates on each side, it may look a lot better then the nailmachine. Since there is no gear box you don´t need moving pistons, and there should be room für a steerring.

Well, the UVP is 40 Euros, if there is some deal about 30 euros i might buy a Hot Rod and give it a try. :sceptic:

Edited by Steinbeisserheld

Just now, Steinbeisserheld said:

The Hot Rod isn´t that bad. Maybe it´s possible to use some  parts from the 42077 to crate a decent modell based on the Hot Rod. Wheels, suspension and steering from the 42077, body from the Hot rod. The wheels should fill the wheel arches, the V6 engine from the 42077 is too big für that Hot Rod, but if you use only 4 cylindres in V-shape and cover the open side with 4 plates on each side, it may look a lot better then the nailmachine. Since there is no gear box you don´t need moving pistons, and there should be room für a steerring.

Well, the UVP is 40 Euros, if there is some deal about 30 euros i might buy a Hot Rod and give it a try. :sceptic:

Like this?