Robert8

Harry Potter 2019 - Rumors & discussion

Just now, Itaria No Shintaku said:

The owl is from a CITY set. A fire one, with a tree on fire, a fireman, and the owl on the tree. 2020 jan release.

Poor owl, must say he has quite a calm expression for an owl whose tree is on fire though.

39 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

The owl is from a CITY set. A fire one, with a tree on fire, a fireman, and the owl on the tree. 2020 jan release.

Thanks for clarifying :thumbup: I hope it shows up in one of the HP sets as well, otherwise... bricklink away!

1 hour ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Ah, the mystery has been solved. I couldn't remember any winking owls, let alone any owls in tan in HP.

When I saw the first message of a possible new owl mold, I was hoping it could be of Pigwideon, the owl Sirius let's Ron keep at the end of PoA. Sadly the films never addressed that Ron got a new pet after 'Scabbers' fled. Even the Lego HP video-games remembered this detail.

The owl will anyhow make a fine collection to the HP owls and if he's from a city set then you can easily grab him on Bricks and Pieces. 

3 hours ago, (Insert Name Here) said:

Ah, the mystery has been solved. I couldn't remember any winking owls, let alone any owls in tan in HP.

When I saw the first message of a possible new owl mold, I was hoping it could be of Pigwideon, the owl Sirius let's Ron keep at the end of PoA. Sadly the films never addressed that Ron got a new pet after 'Scabbers' fled. Even the Lego HP video-games remembered this detail.

Technically Pigwidgeon does appear in the moviecanon but only in a promotional photo for GoF. I still hope that picture is enough for lego to give us Pig

Shame it's not HP but still an awesome piece anyway. 

39 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Technically Pigwidgeon does appear in the moviecanon but only in a promotional photo for GoF. I still hope that picture is enough for lego to give us Pig

Apparently he also appears in the background in the Half Blood Prince Burrows scene when the trio are talking (albeit very briefly). So they could slip him into a Burrows set should one come along. 

9 hours ago, FastFlash said:

Sure, I agree about Lucius and all of those other characters you mentioned. At the same time, I feel like what you mentioned is at the most three waves. Hardly enough to be able to keep doing this on a consistent basis, especially if there is a CMF series, which is 16-20 figures. Harry Potter isn't like Star Wars or Marvel in the sense that there is much less source material to pull from and new characters aren't constantly being created (unless you count FB, but even then, that's not the same.)

The thing is you can’t actually judge the longevity of a theme based on the number of characters there are to make. 

Take this year’s line up for example, of the seven sets only four have characters unique to them and some (like Sirius in the Expecto Patronum set) will almost certainly show up in later sets. The biggest set this year didn’t have a single unique character, the exclusiveness of those figs comes from their Yule Ball outfits. We got Harry in all but one set and in three of those he was wearing the same outfit. 

This will apply in future waves as well. We’re going to get a lot of different versions of Harry, Ron and Hermione, with several other characters like Dumbledore joining them in being staples. I expect we’ll have at least half a dozen characters in the second cmf that were already in the first, simply because you can’t sell a licensed cmf without versions of the franchises main characters. 

You’re right, Harry Potter can’t churn out multiple waves a year indefinitely like Star Wars or Superheroes, because unlike them its source material wasn’t written with the express purpose of making toys. However, if Lego keeps it to one wave a year it would be pretty easy to keep the theme going for a while longer. 

When Lego started 20 years ago with Lego Star Wars there wasn't a load of source material either. LEGO might do an animated LEGO potter tv-series in the future, depending on Warner Brothers.

There a so many directions they can go with this theme. 

21 minutes ago, Magnum said:

When Lego started 20 years ago with Lego Star Wars there wasn't a load of source material either. LEGO might do an animated LEGO potter tv-series in the future, depending on Warner Brothers.

NO GOD! NO GOD PLEASE NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOO!

All joking aside, if they decide to make a LEGO HP tv-series I can't imagine it turning out much different than the new LEGO Jurassic World series. The show itself is decent and obviously made for kids (I do take that in mind ofcourse!). But I really don't like the accompanying sets, they contain weird designs that don't fit with the brand at all and the only thing interesting about them are the figures and dinosaurs. Meanwhile we could've had a great wave of sets based on the original trilogy. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

You’re right, Harry Potter can’t churn out multiple waves a year indefinitely like Star Wars or Superheroes, because unlike them its source material wasn’t written with the express purpose of making toys. However, if Lego keeps it to one wave a year it would be pretty easy to keep the theme going for a while longer. 

Right, that's exactly my point. I don't think there is enough material for two waves a year at this point as much as it pains me to say it. 

Just now, FastFlash said:

Right, that's exactly my point. I don't think there is enough material for two waves a year at this point as much as it pains me to say it. 

They could also make sets based on the FB movies, possibly sets loosely based on the Cursed Child play

8 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

NO GOD! NO GOD PLEASE NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOO!

All joking aside, if they decide to make a LEGO HP tv-series I can't imagine it turning out much different than the new LEGO Jurassic World series. The show itself is decent and obviously made for kids (I do take that in mind ofcourse!). But I really don't like the accompanying sets, they contain weird designs that don't fit with the brand at all and the only thing interesting about them are the figures and dinosaurs. Meanwhile we could've had a great wave of sets based on the original trilogy. 

Hahahahaha! An animated show about the first movie and just the school years, I would watch that. 

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They could also make sets based on the FB movies, possibly sets loosely based on the Cursed Child play

True, and that's what I think they're gonna do (about the FB movies). But even then, the next FB film isn't even slated until 2021, and there are only so many minor characters in the HP universe. I personally don't care as much about FB to be honest considering the real nostalgia for me are the HP books/movies, and the last FB movie was a major letdown. 

23 minutes ago, FastFlash said:

and the last FB movie was a major letdown

Have you seen it more than once?
The first time I saw it I thought is was hard to follow with a lot of details put in (since there is no book that have them instead), but now I have seen it 3 times and think it is better every time :classic:
Definitely not a bad film, but with to many details to take in for only one look...

48 minutes ago, FastFlash said:

True, and that's what I think they're gonna do (about the FB movies). But even then, the next FB film isn't even slated until 2021, and there are only so many minor characters in the HP universe. I personally don't care as much about FB to be honest considering the real nostalgia for me are the HP books/movies, and the last FB movie was a major letdown. 

I definetely agree with @Roebuck. Crimes of Grindelwald is much better on your second or third viewing. Though I do agree on caring more about HP than FB

56 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Definitely not a bad film, but with to many details to take in for only one look...

Then it is a bad film.

You can of course still like it - there is no point in discussing different tastes - but if I have to watch a movie multiple times because it has too much stuff in it to make sense with one viewing, it is objectively bad.

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Have you seen it more than once?
The first time I saw it I thought is was hard to follow with a lot of details put in (since there is no book that have them instead), but now I have seen it 3 times and think it is better every time :classic:

No I didn't. I'll have to do that. Funny enough that was my experience with Deathly Hollows Pt. 1. The first time I saw it I thought it was a load of megabl*cks, but I then rewatched it and I think it's a lot better than I thought the first time.

Edited by FastFlash
I meant Deathly Hollows Pt. 1

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

Then it is a bad film.

You can of course still like it - there is no point in discussing different tastes - but if I have to watch a movie multiple times because it has too much stuff in it to make sense with one viewing, it is objectively bad.

Apologies for maintaining the off-topic course, but I wholly disagree. I would say that it’s borderline impossible to suggest that you can glean every morsel of information from one viewing of a film. If that was the case people wouldn’t watch films over and over. Having been to the Harry Potter Experience I will argue that there are background details that you can only appreciate with at least a second viewing, which only serves to expand your viewing experience.

1 minute ago, RedHoodPug said:

Apologies for maintaining the off-topic course, but I wholly disagree. I would say that it’s borderline impossible to suggest that you can glean every morsel of information from one viewing of a film. If that was the case people wouldn’t watch films over and over. Having been to the Harry Potter Experience I will argue that there are background details that you can only appreciate with at least a second viewing, which only serves to expand your viewing experience.

I think you missed the point. It is not about exploring more details when watching a movie again, it is about a movie not making sense the first time you see it. This would be a different discussion for movies tackling deep topics - but the HP/FB movies are entertainment. Entertainment should be understood the first time you experience it, not something you need to repeat before it even makes sense to you.

Again, I have no issue whatsoever with movies that have many layers of details, which require multiple watching to appreciate them all in depth. To me, the LotR movies do this brilliantly, but the HP ones certainly try their best too. CoG definitely fails as a movie when it can not provide a coherent experience because it tries to ram too much stuff at once down your throat. I have other problems with the FB movies, but this is really not the place for that discussion...

And to get back on topic: I have no doubt we will get HP sets for many years to come, the movies provide enough material for it.

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

And to get back on topic: I have no doubt we will get HP sets for many years to come, the movies provide enough material for it.

Speaking of which, did anyone see that Hothbricks says a new Harry Potter book with an exclusive figure is coming out? 

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

I think you missed the point. It is not about exploring more details when watching a movie again, it is about a movie not making sense the first time you see it.

If you applied that same logic to books no one would have thought making LoTR was a good idea. 

On your other point I quite agree, HP sets will continue as long as there is a good market for them, and they haven’t really plumbed the depths of the saga.

7 hours ago, FastFlash said:

Speaking of which, did anyone see that Hothbricks says a new Harry Potter book with an exclusive figure is coming out? 

Great find! What’s especially interesting about this is the outline of the minifig: the placeholder is usually just a pure black ‚bald’ minifig, but in this case, it has a hairpiece (namely the 2016 Superman hair). I don‘t think it‘s there just for fun, so the eventual minifig will most likely wear it as well. 

Any guesses who this might be? I‘m thinking Lockhart would fit the bill :sweet: Even if it‘s not him, at least we‘ll finally get a book with an exclusive minifig that isn‘t Harry :snicker: