Anonknee Muss

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 19 Rumors, Speculation and Discussion

24 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Ya know, what if that head belonged to a Sky Pirate CMF, either of a Steampunk disposition or of the Dieselpunk/Crimson Skies variety? :shrug_oh_well:

Don't get my hopes up!

8 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:
21 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Um, whatchya implying by that??? :shrug_confused:

That it would be mindblowing.
That was the sound of my mind blowing up.

Heh, I'm glad you're just as entranced by the suggestion as I am! :grin:

Thinking further about the idea, the latter suggestion could act as an antagonistic counterpart to Series 3's Pilot! I've been so insistent upon a female Aviatrix counterpart to that CMF that I've never given much thought to an antagonistic counterpart to such until now... :purrr:

2 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Heh, I'm glad you're just as entranced by the suggestion as I am! :grin:

Thinking further about the idea, the latter suggestion could act as an antagonistic counterpart to Series 3's Pilot! I've been so insistent upon a female Aviatrix counterpart to that CMF that I've never given much thought to an antagonistic counterpart to such until now... :purrr:

The Red Baron!

3 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Initially I thought they just recolored the Egyptian Queen's hair piece, but I think you may be right.

To be honest i am not sure if it's a new mould. But it is certainly very usefull? 

3 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

To be honest i am not sure if it's a new mould. But it is certainly very usefull? 

That was your 100th post in EB.
Gratz!!!

I really like this series so far - and I’m glad, because I found series 17 a letdown. It continues the trend of the green series’ always being my favorite, even is green has been done often. I’m very glad to see an official shower time guy, considering it was one the first Ideas I thought would be great, long before I joined eurobricks or saw @Robert8‘s designs. The monkey king... is interesting, something I would have never expected, but it grows on me. The Egyptian fig is welcome, as is the new sci-fi and rugby player, and some of the other ones confuse me for now (flamingo???) 

I’m curious to see the other 5 and where the dachund will be for. Also, a question, what are the odds these get released early, because I’d like to get some hopefully before September. 

They usually start creeping out during the back half of August. LEGO stores will be the most likely candidate, though WalMart and Target have been known to slip up and put them out early.

56 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:
1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Ya know, what if that head belonged to a Sky Pirate CMF, either of a Steampunk disposition or of the Dieselpunk/Crimson Skies variety? :shrug_oh_well:

Don't get my hopes up!

Well, as some food for thought, when I first saw that eyepatched head, I somewhat didn't think it looked "Piratey" enough to belong to an eighteenth-century archetype. Particularly, did anyone in the eighteenth-century wear eyepatches with three straps positioned the way they are on that leaked head? :shrug_confused:

10 minutes ago, ToaIruini said:

and some of the other ones confuse me for now (flamingo???) 

I think it is supposed to be a garden flamingo. Hence the older lady working in her garden (->plants). But of course we’ll use it as a real flamingo (for in our Zoo’s, at our beaches or in our pirate dioramas)

7 minutes ago, Borex said:

I think it is supposed to be a garden flamingo. Hence the older lady working in her garden (->plants). But of course we’ll use it as a real flamingo (for in our Zoo’s, at our beaches or in our pirate dioramas)

Ah, that makes more sense. So like a gardener minifig? It’s different, I would have expected a watering can, but a new flamingo is welcome too. 

Just now, ToaIruini said:

Ah, that makes more sense. So like a gardener minifig? It’s different, I would have expected a watering can, but a new flamingo is welcome too. 

Think more like older lady living in Florida vibes, not really a gardener.

14 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, as some food for thought, when I first saw that eyepatched head, I somewhat didn't think it looked "Piratey" enough to belong to an eighteenth-century archetype. Particularly, did anyone in the eighteenth-century wear eyepatches with three straps positioned the way they are on that leaked head? :shrug_confused:

Yeah, eye patch aside, nothing about it was particularly pirate-flavored.

Just now, TheNerdyOne_ said:

Think more like older lady living in Florida vibes, not really a gardener.

Yup.

*hums "Thank You For Being a Friend"*

3 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Yeah, eye patch aside, nothing about it was particularly pirate-flavored.

Also, what sorta eighteenth-century pirate archetype could it belong to if it were such? :shrug_confused:

6 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Also, what sorta eighteenth-century pirate archetype could it belong to if it were such? :shrug_confused:

I suppose a dashing, buccaneer-type pirate. The kind Errol Flynn used to play. :grin:

But we got one of those back in S.12, didn't we? Hmm, here's to a sky pirate!

Edited by K_Tiger

Liking the look of the series so far! My favorite designs are the vampire knight, mummy girl (always happy for more horror archetypes), and the monkey king. Also, super glad that we’re finally getting the fox girl from the LEGO movie 2; guess that’s the final nail in the coffin for any hope of a second movie cmf series...

but honestly I don’t see any that I dislike! Maybe it’s just the drought of original series clouding my judgement, but so far everything’s looking great.

So we know most of the series’ line up but we still don’t have figures for the Dachshund, Chameleon and eyepatch head. Plus two more that we don’t have any hints for at all. 

It also looks like this series is going to be really good for animal molds. That’s one of my favorite parts of CMFs so I’m excited. 

The one thing I don’t like is that the new Gamer is another guy. Seems tone deaf on Lego’s part and the feminist in me is rankled. 

Do the 3 parts maybe belong to other themes? Pirate head could belong to Ideas Pirate Bay, the chameleon to a tangled set (there is prince charming movie out soon) and the dachshund to a people pack, like the park, beach, mountain and fairground pack but like for the forest?

4 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

Do the 3 parts maybe belong to other themes? Pirate head could belong to Ideas Pirate Bay, the chameleon to a tangled set (there is prince charming movie out soon) and the dachshund to a people pack, like the park, beach, mountain and fairground pack but like for the forest?

And Space. But no, we wouldn’t know anything about those people packs until next year.

10 minutes ago, julesvincent said:

There’s already a Friends style chameleon and a Tangled Pascal - the leaked Chameleon is definitely system style. And as it was just stated above, we months away from getting any leaks about next year’s people packs, so that’s almost certainly series 19 as well. The Ideas set is a possibility, but it hasn’t been approved yet and I don’t think even the Steamboat Willie set didn’t leak this far ahead of the approval announcement. 

Do you think this black SciFi character is the one with face leaked? The one with the mask printed?

Because I find it odd that he mould wear a helmet and then a mask under the helmet. 

Maybe thay head belongs to another SciFi character in this series?

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the series but so far the Pizza guy is the only one I'm interested in. If nothing else it'll be an easy one to feel out through the package.

Now, this is exciting! There are lots of cool characters here!!

It looks as though the Gamer's hair has headphones with the mic attachment. Is the controller a new piece or a 2x1 tile?

The Monkey King is an unexpected surprise, and one that I would have never guessed. Hope he staff looks cool, can't really tell from the photo.

Not feeling the Old Maid, though her hair and flamingo are nice. I hope the flamingo can pass as a live animal and not just as a lawn ornanment.

Whatever that black figure is, I want a better look. Makes a good first impression, though I can't identify what it's supposed to be.

So happy to see Fox Suit Girl. And I like that she comes with a chicken!! Very clever.

The Rugby Player looks great and within expectations.

Pizza Suit Guy also looks great and within expectations. He was pretty much inevitable after Watermelon Guy. Does he come with a pizza accessory??

Shower-Time Guy is okay. He also looks like he's supposed to. He appears to have a textile towel "skirt." Nice reuse of the Surgeon cap as a shower cap.

Mummy Maiden is actually quite nice. She can't be any worse than a Lady Cyclops, right??

Friendship Bear is a clever parts reuse for the bear mask, and the rainbow's a nifty printed piece.

Ghost Knight is amazing, and clearly this series's army builder!

My favorites are the Fox Suit Girl, Gamer, and the UBF (unidentified black figure). Suffice to say that I'm excited for Series 19 regardless! Can't wait to see the remaining figures soon.

Well I am officially hyped to blow too much of my money on these! 

Sci-fi guy and mummy are the big draws for me on the packaging. Monkey King looks kinda cool, but also very china cash grabby to put front and center. Lego has probably been keeping these under wraps to prevent that one fig from being bootlegged before release and stealing all the Chinese customers.