Sign in to follow this  
Keymonus

A letter to the court

Tristan Rimbaud was walking back and forth in his study, an ancient room in the ancient manor house of his family. He stared the objects exposed in the room, without really watching them... trophies and family heirlooms, some new, some as old as the castle itself. He was quite nervous... he had just written a letter to the High Council, one of the highes autorities in the kingdom: the third, to be precise, right after King Philip and Cancelor Calida.

"I'm as nervous as a schoolboy at his exams" thought with a smile "I took these swords on the battlefield and that crystal in the Enemies' lair, and I'm concerned about a stupid letter!"  

43644580385_05a9873e2d_b.jpg

A stupid letter... but a letter that could change the future of the family, keeping it in the proud and ancient, but not so important little nobility, or raising it among the most important families of the kingdom. He watched a Zeus statuette he had recovered from raiders almost ten years before, he watched his father's sword and the ancient relics of Titus Rimbaud... was he doing enough for his name? His ancetors would have been proud of him? Soon he would have left again for the New World and these thoughts, suitable fo old manors and dusty halls would have faded but, he promised himself, he would have done whatever he could to increase wealth, prestige and fame to the House of Rimbaud.

"Pirates should shiver" he thought sipping his wine "the Bane of the Bandits -as he was nicknamed in the West- is coming back."

43644588525_994803c26a_b.jpg

To the august members of the High Council

My noble lords,
I'm writing this letter in the manor of my ancient family, the House of Rimbaud, that I see again for the first time after long years spent in the New World.
Whenever the King called, my House always answered, from the time of the Saint King Arltrees, when the honorable Titus Rimbaud received our first holdings...

IMG_1407

...to the brutal Forty-Nine Years War, when my noble father Auguste Rimbaud led our soldiers against the Corries during the victorious battles of Hades' Hills and Fort Matilde.

44553918891_9aa464b614_b.jpg

44553937271_83623e6252_b.jpg

I myself fought bravely when our blessed King called, earning my rank on the battlefield: both on the Western Border, when during Juniper War groups of raiders entered Oleon, underestimating the little garrisons remained in the West, and in Southern Oleon, when Salleeki pirates attacked our coasts, my soldiers and I gave our enemies a hard lesson.

44553877031_6eb47b0eb1_b.jpg

43644573035_77ec821163_b.jpg

I later moved in Astrapi, our glorious colony on Ile de Zeus. There, I gave my humble contribution to the development of the settlement, starting a flourishing silver mining activity and joining with my own resources the construction of the Royal Arsenal. Some of the infrastuctures I wanted, such as the Commercial Bureau or Rimbaud Canal, relaunched the economy of the colony, with great advantage for both the citizens and the State.

Even if now I'm a civilian I have always been loyal to the Crown and to the Order and for this reason, during the dark happenings of Fatu Hiva, I hired a group of volunteers and led them into the jungle, as I reported previously, facing great dangers and obtaining a complete success.

Seen the ancient nobility of my House and my personal credits, therefore I ask the High council to consider my person for the title of Baron of Astrapi, and/or another title/decoration if considered more suitable.

Signed on 9 September 618, Rimbaud Manor

Tristan Rimbaud

30696972628_0329fa78ea_m.jpg

OOC

@blackdeathgr, @Captain Genaro, @Kolonialbeamter, @Phred, with this topic I ask the leadership of Oleon to consider if, given the credits of my main character, he can be considered eligible for nobility. Storywise, I would like a title "of Astrapi", "of the New World", "of the Colonies" or something like that, since the Rimbauds in the Old World belong to ancient but low nobility, but obviously everything is at your complete discretion.
Thank you anyway!

EDIT

I just realised that Marquis is ine of the highest titles in our faction, while I wanted to try for a lower one. Sorry! :hmpf:  

Edited by Keymonus
Photos missing

So commiting warcrimes against honourable citizens of Corrington is a posible reason to gain nobility in Oleon? Interesting...

This ominous Mr. Rimbaud has to answer for a lot in court instead!

I will be watching this as well ... Great builds

5 hours ago, Drunknok said:

So commiting warcrimes against honourable citizens of Corrington is a posible reason to gain nobility in Oleon? Interesting...

All is fair in love and war right?

Thank you for your comments! :wink:

14 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Kill one Corrie and it’s homicide, kill one thousand ones, with drums, trumpets and flags in the wind, and it’s a glorious deed! (More or less Voltaire). :grin:

However, it all happened during wartime and Tristan himself was never involved in battles against Corrington... not yet, at least! :tongue:

I love the use of the sand green zombie pirate torso on the Saleeki warrior - great combo. Also it was cool to see the progression of the minifigs over time. Good luck with the nobility!

23 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I love the use of the sand green zombie pirate torso on the Saleeki warrior - great combo. Also it was cool to see the progression of the minifigs over time. Good luck with the nobility!

Thank you! I'm thinking about building something more about my characters' past, for example a young Renè Duchamp attending Belson University or something more about Tristan's military service on Western Border

Seems that we need a better postal service in the old world, right? :tongue:

OOC you have my full backing on the deed (rather than just a medal). If you still have no answer after the following week, pm me or @Bodi and we can sort this out I guess :wink:

Welcome amongst the ranks of the Nobility, Marquis Rimbaud!

Now is the time to start secret societies of noblemen secretly controlling the plebeians! :pir-grin:

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments about the build and the title! :classic:

A particular thanksgiving to the leadership, I received an honour far greater than expected, I'll try to be worthy of it! My character will probably receive the news with some delay, since in this period he is a little cut off from the world, but an appropriate build will soon be made.

9 hours ago, Bregir said:

Welcome amongst the ranks of the Nobility, Marquis Rimbaud!

Now is the time to start secret societies of noblemen secretly controlling the plebeians! :pir-grin:

Secret societies, what a bad thing. Now excuse me, I've to go to the stationery shop to buy a square and a pair of compasses, you know...

:grin::grin::grin: