dr_spock

[BTSC] BoBS Tournament Soccer Cup 618

Avast! As the winner of last year's soccer tournament, I have to pleasure to host to this year's tournament.  Arrr, a boat load of LEGO Friends soccer balls have arrived in Bastion.  Let's get the ball rolling on the friendly tournament.

43500942005_3d0a17fd10_z.jpgboatloadofballs by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

RULES:

-Open to members of the four BoBS factions.

-Build minimum a 16x16 vignette of your team in Bastion.  They can be training, sightseeing, drinking, naughty stuff, etc.  Have fun with it!

-Provide a team picture that can be used for winning teams publicity.

-Create a thread with your team name and pictures of your build and team. You can put [BTSC] in the title.

-Post a link to your thread here to enter your team.

GAMEPLAY:

-A random number generator will determine the amount of goals a team make during each half of a game (between 0 and 5). Team with the most goals after 2 halves wins the game (if necessary, go to extra time).

-The teams will be divided in groups, the best 2 of each group go to the next round.

-If there are spots open, NPC faction teams may join the tournament.

PRIZES:

-First place winner shall receive the BoBS Cup trophy and 10 1x4 reddish brown* tiles engraved with text of their choice.

-Second place and third place winners shall receive 10 1x4 reddish brown* tiles engraved with text of their choice.

(*other colour choices are black and/or green.)

42599909910_1814ea9b82_n.jpgbobscup618 by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

tilebrown.jpg

TIME LINE:

-Deadline for signing up: September 30, 618

-First game match: October 5, 618

TEAMS:

Group 1

Red Rogues - Drunknok - COR

Ocean 11 - Ross Fisher - OL

Weelond Regimentals - Capt Wolf - ESL

Baby Team - Kai NRG - ESL

Bastion Bastards - Fraunces - SR

Group 2

Astrapi Blue Hawks - Keymous - OL

Wrong Cargo! - Legostone - ESL

Rassilon Rascals - MKJoshA - SR

Charlatan Bay Infernos - Roadmonkeytj - SR

Nouveau Pumpkin Charterers - NPC Committee - NPC

SCHEDULE

DAY 1 RESULTS

DAY 2 RESULTS

DAY 3 RESULTS

DAY 4 RESULTS

DAY 5 RESULTS

SEMI-FINAL RESULTS

3RD PLACE MATCH RESULTS

FINALS MATCH RESULTS

Yay! :pir-classic:

First of all: thanks for hosting this. I look forward to some funny builds and an interesting tournament.

One question though: can a player enter more than one team? Last year that was possible, but it would obviously give you much higher chances for a - pretty nice! :thumbup: - price the more teams you have.

Another two questions regarding Bastion:

• I assume none of the tournament is hampered by "regular" diplomacy, meaning IC teams from any nation are free to act as they please as long as it does not include (serious) crimes?
  • Is it allowed and/or encouraged to license tournament builds for Bastion? Right now only SR players can license properties in Bastion, will this restriction be lifted for the duration of the BTSC?
Edited by Drunknok

How many members is each team supposed to have?  Just the 11 on the field?

Couple of thoughts:

• There's no way my priest would take time away from his serious work to go to a football tournament. [Un]fortunately I have left his criminal bodyguard unattended and very bored in Astrapi harbour. 
  • Could an NPC team theoretically win? If we need to make the numbers up to 16/32 etc, would we add the right number of NPC teams, and then let them play as a normal team? Or is there a stage at which they can no longer advance?

22 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Yay! :pir-classic:

First of all: thanks for hosting this. I look forward to some funny builds and an interesting tournament.

One question though: can a player enter more than one team? Last year that was possible, but it would obviously give you much higher chances for a - pretty nice! :thumbup: - price the more teams you have.

Another two questions regarding Bastion:

• I assume none of the tournament is hampered by "regular" diplomacy, meaning IC teams from any nation are free to act as they please as long as it does not include (serious) crimes?
  • Is it allowed and/or encouraged to license tournament builds for Bastion? Right now only SR players can license properties in Bastion, will this restriction be lifted for the duration of the BTSC?

Only one team per person will play in the tournament.  You can build more than one team and have a qualifying round to determine which one of your teams go to the tournament.  To keep things fair for everyone, you can only have one team play in the tournament.

Any nation's players can come to Bastion to participate in the tournament. There is no blockade of Bastion by PRIO.

There is no licensing of properties requirement for this tournament.  You are building a vignette and not properties to enter the tournament.  I am keeping it simple like the annual Eurobricks Christmas raffle.

14 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

How many members is each team supposed to have?  Just the 11 on the field?

As many as you want.

13 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Couple of thoughts:

• There's no way my priest would take time away from his serious work to go to a football tournament. [Un]fortunately I have left his criminal bodyguard unattended and very bored in Astrapi harbour. 
  • Could an NPC team theoretically win? If we need to make the numbers up to 16/32 etc, would we add the right number of NPC teams, and then let them play as a normal team? Or is there a stage at which they can no longer advance?

I guess a NPC could theoretically win.  The physical prizes will be awarded to the real players.   NPC could be disqualified for being phonies.  Let's see how many entries we get first.

Wow, a cup and custom made bricks for that event??? Things are getting better and better by the year! Looking forward to compete and ofc to see the many funny mocs like the ones our guys made for the previous tournament. And as always, good luck to all the participants! 

13 hours ago, dr_spock said:

As many as you want.

Awesome, thanks! :pir-classic:

The Weelond Regiment FC has arrived in Bastion, and they need pineapples for training!

Only three teams entered so far. I hope there are more to come this week -- there are only 5 days left to enter.

11 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

@Capt Wolf am I right in thinking that the host nation hasn't entered yet? 

True, but this is not a "nations thing" - at least not OOC. I hope we get some more players involved. Spread the word for Oleon!

@dr_spock

Could you please postpone the deadline a bit, maybe another week? Sadly we have not even enough player teams to fill a semi-final round yet. :sad:

To everybody: please enter the tournament! The requirements are low, and the prices are pretty awesome! You can do a small vignette of the character who is supposed to be the teams trainer/owner/starplayer, with some short story for his or her motivation. The "team photo" does not have to show a uniform group at all: I guess many teams are made of ships crew, or even press-ganged on the spot in Bastions street. So use the minifigs you have - the wilder, the better!

If you are lacking inspiration, some ideas:

Spoiler

Generic

• A young guy/gal has just set foot in the New World in Bastion. Having left the Old World looking for [insert reason here], he/she is also a passionate soccer player. With the upcoming tournament, an idea is formed: inspire other minifigs to play with him/her in a team, winning the Cup, and using the price money to build a new life!
  • Despite his/her hatred for the game, an enterprising captain chose to use the tournament to make new contacts and deals in Bastion. After all, the games will attract many people from everywhere, an opportunity not to be missed! So while hating the game with a passion, the captains crew is still made into a makeshift team...

Corrington

• A scientist decided the time has come to apply the scientific method to the game of soccer: rigorous training methods, advanced ingame tactis, research and strategic development of the team between games. This tournament will be the first test - for the glory of science and enlightenment!
  • A nobleman of the Queens court wants to win Her favours by winning the tournament in Her name. A team of other lords (and ladies?) is assembled. Issues might arise from the contact with the unwashed masses during games... how dare a lowly peasant is kicking a ball His Highness has just touched?

Oleon

• A priest and the brothers and sisters of The Faith decided to bring the word of their gods to the masses in an unusual way: by entering this tournament, spreading "The Word" in the process. May the grace of their patrons win them the Cup!
  • A nobleman of the Kings court... (see above, change details where appropriate :wink:)

Eslandola

• Being obscenely rich means: you can form a team of the best players dubloons can buy. The Eslandola way! But can money also buy victories?
  • Sailing under Eslandolas colours and also being a fan of the sport means: you get to see many ports of the Brick Seas, always able to look for talented players to hire into your crew. Now this will finally pay off, with a crew that is made up of excellent soccer players, all ready to win the Cup for their captain (and for the glory of Eslandola... maybe).

Sea Rats

• This is Bastion - the Cup belongs here, and here it will stay! We will show these pompous outsiders...
  • The best thing about being a Sea Rat is: you do not always have to play by the rules! Only 11 players allowed on the field, no hidden weapons, focus on fair play? Pff, not on this football pitch! Makes winning that shiny Cup so much easier...
  • The free thinking that is typical of the Sea Rats also attracts innovative trainers and players: with their new ways they will take the tournament by storm, overcoming the oldschool bores from the other nations!

Note that Sea Rat players can license their builds for Bastion, thus helping the settlements development!

Take this with a pinch of salt, and feel free to use anything you like. Mix and rearrange parts of these if you want - this is about getting inspired, not a codex to follow! :pir-grin:

I've already got a team ready to go, just got to take some pictures this afternoon. :wink:

For now only a group painting of the team and some placeholder text… I will complete my entry tomorrow, I hope it's enough to qualify my team. Otherwise, disqualify them with shame, I'll write a story about somebody too drunk to play! :grin:

Impressive last-minute line-up! :thumbup:

I wish every team good luck, and hope for a fun and interesting tournament. :pir-classic:

I count 9 teams. Suddenly my chances of being in the top 3 have dropped like a lead zeppelin. Not that I mind. I love all these entries. Very creative, and very funny. We'll have to add a few NPC teams, but this looks like a fantastic tournament now!