I just saw those blurry pictures and my first thoughts was that we had one more 9398 :oh: 

But after examining this, it looks so messy under the bodywork :grin: I expected so much from those sets but I have to say I’m disappointed, all the sets look unfinished compared to the 42078 and all the others good sets we had last years :sad:

I may get this car transport truck but in general I don’t think this wave will be for me and my purse...

Edited by CalimeroLego

Just now, TheRacker said:

I know lego does this for stability and simplicity, but I just think it looks so bad and is so boring to have huge chunky bricks of lego in between the wheels of their RC cars as the live axle instead of something more resembling a real car with smaller and narrow suspension linkages and axles. And having the motor mounted right on the axle is boring too. Most of the fun would be building a drivetrain to transfer the power from up in the chassis down through the frame and suspension down to the wheels like a real car. 42098 might be like that, but from the leaked picture it just looks like 9398 2.0. And building the same axle for the front and back, with both being steered is also kinda boring.  A front axle and rear axle that are totally different would be much more interesting, with just the front being steered. 

Sorry if I'm being too negative. 

The problem there is that you’re dealing with Lego U-joints. TLG is probably focused on playability, and having direct drive would lower the strain on the drivetrain and hence also the risk of damaging the pieces.

Just now, CalimeroLego said:

I just saw those blurry pictures and my first thoughts was that we had one more 9398 :oh: 

But after examining this, it looks so messy under the bodywork :grin: I expected so much from those sets but I have to say I’m disappointed, all the sets look unfinished compared to the 42078 and all the others good sets we had last years :sad:

I don’t think this wave will be for me and my purse...

We haven’t even seen good quality photos of the crane or crawler yet, calm down

46 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

The problem there is that you’re dealing with Lego U-joints. TLG is probably focused on playability, and having direct drive would lower the strain on the drivetrain and hence also the risk of damaging the pieces.

We haven’t even seen good quality photos of the crane or crawler yet, calm down

If the reports of new larger CV joints and 4:1 planetary reduction hubs are correct then Lego universal joints are no longer an issue. There shouldn't be any need for axles as thick as the wheels with motors in them, as that is indeed boring and unrealistic.

Motors driving wheels directly are unrealistic for conventional cars, but this may very well be the setup for electric cars ?

7 hours ago, CalimeroLego said:

I may get this car transport truck but in general I don’t think this wave will be for me and my purse...

What messy? Did you see the final models or just prelimanry pictures for reatailers?

Wait for official pictures, before judge unrelaesed product.

3 hours ago, rm8 said:

What messy? Did you see the final models or just prelimanry pictures for reatailers?

Wait for official pictures, before judge unrelaesed product.

since this are just preliminary pictures, best way to start comment would be like this I think, or to me it looks like or IMHO...that would be most correct way for discussion, but perhaps civilization did not spread everywhere :wink:

1 minute ago, I_Igor said:

since this are just preliminary pictures, best way to start comment would be like this I think, or to me it looks like or IMHO...that would be most correct way for discussion, but perhaps civilization did not spread everywhere :wink:

Yes, fully agree.

Two times a year I see people crying and blaiming TLG after seeing 100x100  pixels of preliminary product. What I strange position to be unsatisfied in everything around. It's not for CalimeroLego personal, but for group of people with negative postiton...

Just now, rm8 said:

Two times a year I see people crying and blaiming TLG after seeing 100x100  pixels of preliminary product. 

Lol, remember the rage and flames around 42069...:laugh: 

@Cumulonimbus I'd love to see your LDD attempt about the car transporter but to be on the safe side let's ask it first :)  @Jim what do you think, is it ok to share an LDD recreation of a future set?

2 hours ago, rm8 said:

Yes, fully agree.

Two times a year I see people crying and blaiming TLG after seeing 100x100  pixels of preliminary product. What I strange position to be unsatisfied in everything around. It's not for CalimeroLego personal, but for group of people with negative postiton...

That Is the reason that I ignore comments like that, it is just not worth to have headaches because of that, but I think that @Jim comments them about proper behavior in public places and of course every user can be banned as a result of improper behavior, but there are administrators for that purpose, now we can wait for better pictures and have to accept that LEGO (as intellectual owner of their creations) has a right to make any changes necessary until release date :wink:

So they do change/adjust it before releasing date..? So maybe all the complaints will do some difference ... okay i hope for better, for their Loyal followers ?

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

That Is the reason that I ignore comments like that, it is just not worth to have headaches because of that, but I think that @Jim comments them about proper behavior in public places and of course every user can be banned as a result of improper behavior, but there are administrators for that purpose, now we can wait for better pictures and have to accept that LEGO (as intellectual owner of their creations) has a right to make any changes necessary until release date :wink:

Since we are adult people here (and not only here) I prefer to be direct as it is :classic:

43 minutes ago, rm8 said:

Since we are adult people here (and not only here) I prefer to be direct as it is :classic:

Agree :wink:

7 hours ago, kbalage said:

@Cumulonimbus I'd love to see your LDD attempt about the car transporter but to be on the safe side let's ask it first :)  @Jim what do you think, is it ok to share an LDD recreation of a future set?

7 hours ago, Jim said:

I’m okay with that.

Alright, this is what I got so far. Obviously a lot is guesswork, but I think I'm on the right track:

800x437.jpg

It will be very tight driving a 15 stud wide car on this truck, that is why I believe that the linear actuators which tilt the upper deck will stick out beyond the sides of the truck.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

So Rm8 do you remember 42054 and its horrible crane ? 

This time preliminary pictures were better than the final product... 

And I said I spoke about the preliminary pictures, even then U should to agree that they never change radically between first annonce and final release :laugh:

On 10/2/2018 at 10:21 PM, francisko said:

Hi,

Don't know if this been discussed here, but as a fan of the game Real Racing 3, I just saw this on the future update:

skip to minute 2:10.

The 42077 rally car livery was used in a Mustang...

Can this be a hint?

Cheers

Does anyone still remember this post? Are we getting this car in the transporter?

EDIT: My bad, it refers to the 42096 which has already been released.

Edited by arijitdas

2 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

Alright, this is what I got so far. Obviously a lot is guesswork, but I think I'm on the right track:

So... Panel McPanelface

There is a great 42009 C-model somewhere for a car transporter. It has a lot of nice functions.

I hope this will be somewhat in that direction. But I don't like all the excessive paneling on a lot of sets these days.

Panels used in this way are very strong and rigid, excellent for chassis that don't bend, like in the trailer for the Mack truck. 

Update

At first I thought the upper deck was tilted with a Arcos gear racks, but as that would make it too bulky, I think something more clever is going on. The diagonal deck supports are simple beam-built structures which can rotate at the top and slide at the bottom. In the chassis of the Truck as well as in the trailer, there is a mechanism which provides a linear motion, a gear rack or a LA (possibly the XL LA?). This would explain why the lower truck bed is relatively high up for this type of truck. I must say that based on the grainy image, the scale feels a bit off, The cars are slightly too big, the wheels on the truck feel a bit too small, and the trailer a bit too short. But again, this is a lot of guesswork so I might be wrong.

800x397.jpg

Well done to @Cumulonimbus

Now have clearer logical imagination based or the preliminary box art

i think car transportor has almost certain final box art because the box already printed the background, instead of just ‘black’

p/s: TLG never force you to buy the set you don’t like, and all design would never fulfill everyone expection.

Don’t like ??!! No problem, but don’t blame this and that, each set has their potential admirers.... 

Honestly, this year design (1H & 2H) isn’t my cup of tea, it’s okay, just skip it and save the pennies for other theme (creator expert Ford Mustang GT, maybe?), or next year technic, i think i would one day get waited my flagship backhoe released in future, Cheers lego....

13 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

Update

At first I thought the upper deck was tilted with a Arcos gear racks, but as that would make it too bulky, I think something more clever is going on. The diagonal deck supports are simple beam-built structures which can rotate at the top and slide at the bottom. In the chassis of the Truck as well as in the trailer, there is a mechanism which provides a linear motion, a gear rack or a LA (possibly the XL LA?). This would explain why the lower truck bed is relatively high up for this type of truck. I must say that based on the grainy image, the scale feels a bit off, The cars are slightly too big, the wheels on the truck feel a bit too small, and the trailer a bit too short. But again, this is a lot of guesswork so I might be wrong.

I like your progress. Maybe something for a dedicated topic?