Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Okay so, 40334: Avengers Tower minifigure included is Tony Stark/ Iron man

Transforming Tony Stark, I'm verifying which armor is included.

Thank heavens, thought the thread would descend into a Captain Marvel review mania

The figure is... Interesting. I know I want it, but I don't know if I need it :grin:

I really can't place it, but something looks unique about the helmet. Might just be the image. Another great use of Star Lord's blasters for the Quinjet

Apparantly its the MK43 suit from the scene where Vision is born. Tony only partially wears it for a very short moment, its at 1:25 in the video

Could be? Packaging is wrong? Art box clearly says it's "The Avengers" and Mark 7 artbox. 

Andddd, if ever that's correct this will be the 3rd version of Mark 43. 

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Could be? Packaging is wrong? Art box clearly says it's "The Avengers" and Mark 7 artbox. 

Andddd, if ever that's correct this will be the 3rd version of Mark 43. 

Atleast they tried to do something new, Iron Man is starting to become the Marvel poster boy for Lego 

Build looks alright, figure is 'ok'. Glad we are finally getting more Tony Stark/Iron Man variants, but still hope we get Ronin, Rescue and Scale Cap in some form.

7 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

May just be the lighting, but it looks like Iron Man has arm printing. If so, that’s cool. 

His right arm is just the usual Iron Man red. The left arm might have something silver printed on it OR it might just be the lighting as you said. Leaning towards it being the lighting.

Edited by Scarilian

I quite like it and especially if it's a gwp I'm not really going to judge it too harshly. The fig choice could've been better but it's a neat idea and at least it has arm printing. The build itself is quite good and my wife is going to want to put it with her Architecture sets display.

Just now, ToaDraco said:

at least it has arm printing

I'm pretty sure that's just a reflection.

The Brick Fan is reporting that the promo was accidentally put on store shelves somewhere. How does that even happen? The set doesn’t come out for another month and a half, and it isn’t even a retail set, it’s a GWP. 

Also, I’m not surprised that we have aspects of The Avengers (Quinjet) and Avengers: Age of Ultron (Tower, Mk. 43) in this set. It’s the same thing they did with the 76042 SHIELD Helicarrier. There were the repulsors from The Winter Soldier mixed with the propellers/fans from The Avengers/Age of Ultron, and a minifgure selection from Age of Ultron. Clearly they chose to blend content from the films here too.

Wow this is Star Wars levels of irrelevant character variants. Avengers Tower looks nice. I don’t really care for or want the set but since I’m planning to buy the Armor Room I’ll take advantage of the promo.

On 3/4/2019 at 2:23 PM, saysonder said:

Personally I’m more upset about getting 6 Iron Man figures than the outriders.

*7.... :wacko:

Would it have killed them to include a battle damaged Mark 50 instead? It would be way better than another Age of Ultron suit variant.

Can't wait for Mark I, V as well as Ant-Man and Cap's new helmets! Also hoping that they'll make a Thanos in regular minifig size, as I often think the bigfigs are simply too large or lack detail. They did the Hulk in regular size twice, or thrice even, if you count the Mighty Micro one. I know they also did a Mighty Micro Thanos, but would love to see a movie related regular sized minifig of him.

Just now, snoozle said:

Can't wait for Mark I, V as well as Ant-Man and Cap's new helmets! Also hoping that they'll make a Thanos in regular minifig size, as I often think the bigfigs are simply too large or lack detail. They did the Hulk in regular size twice, or thrice even, if you count the Mighty Micro one. I know they also did a Mighty Micro Thanos, but would love to see a movie related regular sized minifig of him.

The biggest problem with bigfigs is the lack of detail, especially since most bigfigs can't reuse old molds so they reuse inaccurate ones (thanos as the best example!)

This is a version I think NOBODY ever expected to get as it's a short-scene, split-second variant of Mk XLIII - but although there's other figures we all wish we'd gotten (Ronin/Rescue/etc.) this is still a really cool figure. We only have 2 existing Tony Stark figures so it's nice to have a 3rd one capturing him mid-transformation. A super obscure variant but another cool one for the Hall of Armor nonetheless. Also doesn't lock a must-get figure behind a short-term promo as well which is nice - people who REALLY want to go completionist can get it but nobody's Iron Man collection will be lacking if they miss it. 

Hilariously enough, we now have 3 different Mark XLIII iterations. Somebody on the design team must really like Age of Ultron!

It isn't Mark XLIII, Its Mark VII, the two biggest giveaways of it being that is 1. the avengers 2012 logo is on the box and 2. you can see the Mark VII suit on the side of the box

Just now, Feng-huang0296 said:

Wait, how exactly is this going to be distributed?

It's a gift with purchase

Just now, The NexoNinja402 said:

It isn't Mark XLIII, Its Mark VII, the two biggest giveaways of it being that is 1. the avengers 2012 logo is on the box and 2. you can see the Mark VII suit on the side of the box

It is the XLIII. The artwork on the box is generic Avengers, but this is Avengers Tower from Age of Ultron, not Stark Tower from Avengers Assemble. The Mark VII couldn't be worn as half a suit, it opened up and fully encompassed the body.

Just now, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think it’s Mark 43 since Avengers Tower wasn’t a thing until AOU

It is indeed Mark 43, I posted the scene the figure is based on 4 hours ago

Edited by Guyon2002

4 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

I love that promo! An architecture-style Avengers Tower! Not only is the build great for display just about anywhere, but that Iron Man Minifigure looks so cool! I love how it’s captured the look of him in mid-transformation, it looks great!

I sorta wish they actually branded it under the Architecture theme instead. :shrug_oh_well: