13 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Fun fact: this is the first set since 8063 to include large LAs but no motorization, and the only other set to boot. :look:

Fun fact: the 42024 had that too :wink: 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=42024-1#T=I

My first review, so I still remember the cumbersome controls.

And the https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=42006-1#T=I

And the https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=8053-1#T=I
(the 8053 is from 2010 and the 8063 from 2009?! That's odd)

Mack Anthem https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=42078-1#T=I

Are you sure we are talking about the same thing? :laugh:

1 minute ago, kungpo said:

Must read properly :laugh_hard:

I edited my post, probably after you saw my initial response :sweet:

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

@Jim, most of those sets can BE motorized. Except the Mack, I forgot about that. :laugh:

"Can be motorized" is different than "No motorization" :laugh:

But I see what you mean :thumbup:

I've just finished the B model yesterday, and I really like the build. A number of things feel wobbly or random at first, but later everything fits together and I was like ohh that's how they work.

It's the first set that I build the B model before the A model. I think I like the B model more. It looks modern, unfamiliar, but simple and straightforward enough to serve as a concept model - a model that demonstrates a concept. The A model feels like it has a bunch of unnecessary things slapped on it, like the 3 things on the wheel cover, or moving butt. Besides, the scissor body makes more sense in the B model. I think it helps keeping the bed level when the vehicle is going up a slope. The fact that the camera stalk is located in the front also makes more sense. Another thing I like is that my finger can reach the fan under the drone in the front body and make it spin. I'm not sure doing this is possible with the A model.

An unusual feature of this model is the fact that the front axle is more sensitive to the HOG steering than the rear, because the steering linkages in the front axles are connected to light tan frictionless pins, while those of the rear are connected to blue friction pins.  The front axles tend to wobble slightly left and right when I push the model on a surface, and turning the HOG will make the front axle reacts first before the the rear one start to turn. I havent got the A model so I dont know if this feature is present in the A model.

One  thing that may limit its playability for some people is the bed. It's made from 5x11 tapered panels, so there are diagonal slits in the middle. This means the bed can't load small things like pins. Although the bed is more fully covered than that of the 42030 B, it's shallow, so you can't put too many things in it though.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

20180906_031319

I do feel like the B model has more Volvo design DNA than the A model, and thus resemble the traditional Volvo equipment more. Aren't they similar, like brothers from a family.

Interesting combo, but I do not know if scale fits... and futuristic (autonomous) excavator would be more suitable :wink:

Edited by I_Igor

Since there are no topics related to modding of this set, I'll post it here:

I am working on a C model for this set, a quite unusual Log Loader, inspired by something called a Skogger:

SKOGGER-email-700x525.jpg

And here's what I have so far:

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Three functions (and a pendular suspenion on rear axle), steering, arm elevation and claw closing.
Leftover parts (there's also a bucket somewhere):

800x1066.jpg
It's stll a WIP, so some things could change. Thoughts?

Marek, that is great C model somehow it impresses me more than original set :thumbup:

Perhaps you should open a new topic for it ?

Edited by I_Igor

Wow. That's an unexpected stuff! I thought it will be covered in dust and forgotten. :)

Now it's time for BMW to make real flying hoverbike. 

9 minutes ago, Ctan said:

Wow. That's an unexpected stuff! I thought it will be covered in dust and forgotten. :)

Not mine, I clean it regularly. :laugh:

Nice find @mpj! Let's face it - the ZEUX/LX03 is just too cool a concept to not become reality. :thumbup: