39507762325_10daf91005_b.jpg

While adventurers have set out to find the most beautiful orchid in ancient temple ruins, very little is known about the origins of those ruins yet,
et alone about the Celestian natives in general. Juan Alfonso Fontonajo and his companion have discovered a hill somewhere in the highlands
of Celestia - and on top of that hill stands an ancient statue of a winged man riding a tiger. What is the history of this statue? Who have the
natives of Celestia prayed to in former times?

39693611334_2ecf013615_b.jpg

On the neighbouring island of Cascadia temples to the feline gods have already been discovered, deep in the jungles. But what is the connection
between the cults and history that have been unveiled on Cascadia to that of Celestia? On Cascadia the Myzectlan still uphold their city as a refuge
deep within a mountain vale, protected from the once (and potentially still today) maneating large carnivorous cats. But scientists like Montoya have
set up a relationship to the natives of Cascadia, and researched their culture, their history and their doom. This has yet to happen on Celestia. And
as the curious eye may or may not see, a native scout is closely watching Fontonajo's expedition already. Will he approve of Fontonajo approaching
the strange altar on the hilltop?

38593618130_955c552510_z.jpg

For now one difference seems to be obvious: While in Cascadia most shrines were hidden deep in the jungles - because of the secret and forbidden
nature of the cult especially in its early days - this statue stands highly exposed on top of a hill for everyone to see.

So how are the natives of Celestia? Are they like those on Cascadia? Do they emerge from the same ancient civilization, share the same blood and
the same culture? Have all of them become primitive huntsmen? Or have they always been? Have they once lived on Cascadia, or vice versa? Or
maybe those two peoples are not connected in any way, after all? Only time will tell, and only when scientists and adventurers have made their
discoveries, written them down, made the connections between the puzzle pieces - only then will we finally know who and how the natives of
Celestia really are - and why.

38593623850_d96c65a3c1_c.jpg

For now it is most obvious that there must have been a religious cult involving large felines, at some point in the past at least. The altar is still in
decent but not perfect shape, which may also be a result from the sun shining relentlessly at the rather dry hilltop. But who is the winged rider on
the tiger's back? Is the tiger the worshipped one, or is it the humanoid with wings? Does the statue display a real hero, or rather a fictional divine
being? What is the relationship between the two? And is it pure coincidence that a jaguar is drinking at the small pond at the foot of the hill?

38593604180_415ab0465e_c.jpg

Surely other feline cats have recently been spotted on Celestia. But what is the releation between them and the inhabitants of the islands? An
incident happened with a white tiger which was recently discovered and then killed shortly after. But are there also deep hostilities between the
natives and the felines? Would the felines even attack wandering Halosians? Not even that is known yet.

40404362591_dc4907029b_c.jpg

Only one thing seems certain for now: That Juan Alfonso Fontonajo and his company will continue their exploration of Celestia.

39693613574_7cbaed937c_z.jpg

40404358591_118d6135d6_z.jpg

38593600980_d584abc905_n.jpg 40404358091_4b036771ab_n.jpg

39507771435_53b1119b60_n.jpg 39693597454_0824b2142c_n.jpg

40404357051_8f7e062cc6_n.jpg 40404351471_f652cb38c0_n.jpg

40404363671_8cdf50f39b_n.jpg 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks a lot to @Ayrlego, @Lord Buckethead and @Bregir for your support and feedback during the construction of this MOC. I am happy
to have the chance of exploring Celestia with you - and hopefully soon some others as well. The island and its natives bear some great
potential which we have the great chance to develop together.

The general colourscheme with lots of olive green, mixed with some dark green, has been inspired by @Gideon's fantastic entry to category C
of the most recent challenge. The orchid is a copy of that from @Kai NRG's delayed yet wonderful entry to the challenge.

Looking forward to all other MOCs for the Celestian Natives. :-) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

39693618534_f5cebb80cb_z.jpg

Edited by Elostirion

This is great Elostiron, fantastic job on the mountainous terrain, not to mention the staircase and all the flora!  The use of grey ingots for the platform on top is perfect, and the winged statue is a really neat idea!  :thumbup:  Glad to hear you're going to keep exploring, I hope that means more MOCs like this! 

Great MOC! I love that statue, especially the use of the gargoyle wings and the lion's head piece. And you've done your usual great job with the ruins, foliage, hidden characters, and general color palette. :thumbup:

I'd be worried about the jaguar if I were that goat. :wink:

Have you considered turning this into a mini-challenge of some sort to get more people to contribute to the lore of Celestia natives? Sort of a follow-up to the Orchid challenge.

Amazing build. I really like the foliage and rock combinations, and the weathered look of the man made rock parts.

Bart

I love the alternate green useage it really adds to the old and forgotten ... The statue is impressive as well 

I think the best part is your camera work making it as if you were really there in minifig size lol

Wow, the hill looks impressive, abrupt as it should be, luckily for the minifigs there are stairs, otherwise it will be a pain in the big behind to make their way to the top. An the plants covering the hill are very well built too, and I like that statue!

On 21.2.2018 at 10:57 PM, Kai NRG said:

This is great Elostiron, fantastic job on the mountainous terrain, not to mention the staircase and all the flora!  The use of grey ingots for the platform on top is perfect, and the winged statue is a really neat idea!  :thumbup:  Glad to hear you're going to keep exploring, I hope that means more MOCs like this! 

I hope so as well. The ingot-pavement was actually how the whole MOC started. (initially had planned this for cat C but wasn't happy with it so I decided to postpone it for after the challenge. Glad I did)

On 22.2.2018 at 3:30 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Great MOC! I love that statue, especially the use of the gargoyle wings and the lion's head piece. And you've done your usual great job with the ruins, foliage, hidden characters, and general color palette. :thumbup:

I'd be worried about the jaguar if I were that goat. :wink:

Have you considered turning this into a mini-challenge of some sort to get more people to contribute to the lore of Celestia natives? Sort of a follow-up to the Orchid challenge.

Thank you! And actually quite a cool idea. Will give this some more thought.

I am not sure if it's physically possible for the jaguar to reach the goat, perspective might confuse here.

On 22.2.2018 at 4:50 PM, Bart said:

Amazing build. I really like the foliage and rock combinations, and the weathered look of the man made rock parts.

Bart

Thank you! :-) 

On 22.2.2018 at 8:44 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

I love the alternate green useage it really adds to the old and forgotten ... The statue is impressive as well 

I think the best part is your camera work making it as if you were really there in minifig size lol

Wow thank you - glad it comes over so well and you even like the camera. I put quite a lot of effort into it but wasn't really sure about the results...

On 23.2.2018 at 1:11 AM, Bodi said:

Wow, the hill looks impressive, abrupt as it should be, luckily for the minifigs there are stairs, otherwise it will be a pain in the big behind to make their way to the top. An the plants covering the hill are very well built too, and I like that statue!

Thank you - impressive is always good. :-))

I failed to comment on this earlier Elis, but this is one of the reasons I am happy Montoya is lost on the island! I am really intrigued to continue exploring the ancient culture of Celestia.

And suffice to say, your brilliant lion's statue has inspired me, and I am working on a continuation of this storyline. Not sure where it will go yet, and I doubt I can ever get near to the level of this beauty, but I am sure we will have fun continuing this exploration in our own time.

Both landscaping and vegetation is really well made, and I particularly like how you have integrated the stairs in the cliffside. It makes for some very effectful photos!

Overall, great moc and story!

It is a wonderfull moc Elos!!! Very inspiring!

One of my favourite parts is the brickbuilt statue.

@Elostirion

To Juan Alfonso Fontonajo,

It is with great interest that the Royal Society has followed your exploration of Celestia, and after reviewing your work on the matter, there is no doubt that you deserve a place amongst the finest scientific minds of the Brick Seas. The history and culture of Celestia's former and present natives is but a dense fog, through which you have relentlessly shone the light of science.

Hence, the Royal Society invites you to give a lecture on the subject at your earliest convenience, after which you will be considered a full fellow of the society. Several of our members, including the esteemed Dr. Brickingstone, expert on Myzectlan culture, are currently on Celestia, and hence you may be able to give your lecture in the field to some of the foremost minds on the matter without straying far from your path.

In great anticipation

The Executive Committee

Royal Society of Natural Philosophy

PS. We encourage you dearly to continue your work on the subject, as there is still much to be learnt of Celestia. If the Royal Society can in any way assist your continued exploration, you may consider us your humble servants.

That build is amazing (as always) and cant wait for more! I am happy that it was brought back at the spotlight. I especially like the statue, the way the staircase feels so naturally incorporated into the rock/mount and the spot on greenery around the rock/mount