8 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

No there is a 1x1 stud in trans green, above the wheel arch of the lower front wheel.

It's some sort of light/beacon made of 1x1 stud in trans green on 1x1 stud in white, then something like a black 2x2 round dish piece (but I suspect it's some sort of lamp shade type piece). Connected to a pole made of 2L connectors and 4L axle in black. My guess is it can be placed on the black 3L (or thereabouts) rod piece in each corner.

Considering the place of the H pattern gearbox and the off-center battery box placement, the XL motor is in the left-back of the superstructure. Lego never uses an extension cable and a gearbox with these loads should have the PF motor close to it. 

5 hours ago, 896gerard said:

the left-back of the superstructure

Do you mean the cabin side or the non-cabin side?

6 hours ago, 896gerard said:

Considering the place of the H pattern gearbox and the off-center battery box placement, the XL motor is in the left-back of the superstructure. Lego never uses an extension cable and a gearbox with these loads should have the PF motor close to it. 

It's not a XL, it's a L motor, nearby the batery box (at the left).

Where on the picture? I don't see the motor. I have the confidential image showing XL motor.

6 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

That original box art thing from way back. It does have an XL motor on it. 

gotcha, thanks for clarifying 

4 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

That original box art thing from way back. It does have an XL motor on it. 

Correct, I assume there is no change.

4 hours ago, Timoonn said:

It looks like the winch has no worm gear? I'm sceptical about lifting capacity

As well you should be, LEGO is not about to release a crane with much actual lifting capacity, due to the possibility of strangling little Johnny. It will be up to your mad modding capabilities to make it actually lift much at all. 

10 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Where on the picture? I don't see the motor. I have the confidential image showing XL motor.

the inside of the frame is not in the pictures ! trust me :sadnew:

The telescopic function doesn't use the worm gear either, unlike the past 3 mobile cranes. All the more reason to think this is not from Markus.

13 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I have the confidential image showing XL motor.

Maybe it wasn't the final box design. I've seen and played a little with the real thing at Nuremberg and there was a L-motor used inside. Maybe it wasn't the final model but there was not much space inside to use a XL.

1 minute ago, jrx said:

Maybe it wasn't the final box design. I've seen and played a little with the real thing at Nuremberg and there was a L-motor used inside. Maybe it wasn't the final model but there was not much space inside to use a XL.

What do you think of the set?

I got just a first impression as I had only a few minutes with it. For the moment: It's big, it's red - I like the model and it's design. Im curious for the gear box as it powers all functions with only one L-motor and if the mechanics work smoothly. I'm disappointed that there's only one motor and no remote control. 

3 hours ago, jrx said:

Where you allowed to state the functions here? Even thought they are obvious? And is the 2 bottoms levers outriggers and slewing?

In theory no problem, but it's four month ago. As far as I remember: Move out and lower outriggers, turn upper structure, lift and move out the boom, and raise and lower the hook. I think (but am not sure) alle functions were driven by the motor. There are switches as well as on the upper and on the lower part. One of the bottom switches were for the outriggers, the other to switch between upper and lower part of the mechanics (really not sure if that right in my memory). Steering is Hand of God steering at the rear of the lower part.

3 minutes ago, jrx said:

Steering is Hand of God steering at the rear of the lower part.

Just one steering mode or 3?

Thanks

Can't remember. I think it was only normal steering – one or both axes? Don't know. Sorry :/

10 minutes ago, jrx said:

Can't remember. I think it was only normal steering – one or both axes? Don't know. Sorry :/

ok, even this info that you shared with us is nice from you :thumbup:

41 minutes ago, jrx said:

In theory no problem, but it's four month ago. As far as I remember: Move out and lower outriggers, turn upper structure, lift and move out the boom, and raise and lower the hook. I think (but am not sure) alle functions were driven by the motor. There are switches as well as on the upper and on the lower part. One of the bottom switches were for the outriggers, the other to switch between upper and lower part of the mechanics (really not sure if that right in my memory). Steering is Hand of God steering at the rear of the lower part.

Thanks, really can't wait to see it work.