All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Certainly my young man! Have as many as you'd like. I can always bake more!
  3. No pictures sorry. Those Tumbler tires are pretty soft and the Batmobile is pretty darn heavy. It looked fine the first week, the tires deformed a little, but now almost 3 weeks later the weight caused quite a flat spot. Lucky it didn't cause any permanent deformation. But i bet if it was sitting like that for many months the rubber would never recover to it's default shape.
  4. pooda

TLG acquires Bricklink

I certainly wouldn't call it a republic. Sorry! Republican for life!
  5. Yesterday
  6. freakwave

TLG acquires Bricklink

Well, I would not call corporations democracies anyway... Bricklink should be owned by a trust, or by its users
  7. jonwil

TLG acquires Bricklink

LEGO wanting to keep things it didn't make (BrickArms, 3D printed parts, counterfeit stuff etc) or modified versions of things it did make (custom printing on genuine LEGO bricks, chromed parts etc) off BrickLink absolutely makes sense and I for one don't have a problem with it. LEGO not allowing things that violate 3rd party copyright/trademarks to be sold as custom sets (MOC shop etc) also makes sense and I have no problem with that either. I wonder how this new rule about not selling parts that have been modified will apply for pneumatic tube? Many pneumatic sets came with long lengths of pneumatic tube and directed you to cut the tube yourself via the instructions. It will also be interesting to see how they handle things that were produced and never officially released but got out there anyway (e.g. the the first version of the Vegas Skyline set, the gold propeller element from that set, the red Darth Vader helmet etc). Or things officially released but only internally or to partners (e.g. the xmas x-wing, the Ramboll oil platform, the various sets based on LEGO buildings or the Q elements made just for the parks and things and not put into a set)
  8. I build in LDD in regular mode - As I want only legal parts. Part of the plan is to translate to real world builds. Extended allows illegal part/colour combos. I'll finish the build, and see what I can do from there. If need be, I can do the mirroring and colour change in a brute force way. More playing around with the setting/options and stuff, and maybe I can get it to work for me. Again, thanks for all the help.
  9. pooda

LEGO City 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

Mine is the race car duel, the one that I have on my avatar. Tbh, I didn't expect there to be another subtheme centered around the automotive industry. I thought the garage subtheme from 2009 was one and done. But nooooooooo! Not only do we have an automotive subtheme. But this subtheme covers the four major subjects of it. Refueling - Service Station Repairing and Performance Upgrades- Tuning Shop Motorsport - Stunt Team and Race Car Duel
  10. Robert8

Ideas for a CMF Advent Calendar

Well, I wouldn't call it "old". Sinterklaas, Piet and Krampus are quite old
  11. TeriXeri

Yes, so far that's my favorite 2020 announced set.
  12. SteamSewnEmpire

New train wheels tested by LEGO

I'm almost starting to regret Lego putting Lepin out of business. When Lego changes the plastic formula in a major way, and all my old bricks suddenly become obsolete, I'm out.
  13. pooda

I just noticed something. Is that the Townhouse Toy Shop on your avatar?
  14. TeriXeri

Ok, good to know
  15. pooda

One and done? Like as in there is NO chance of it being revived?
  16. Toastie

TLG acquires Bricklink

Why not? It will be evaluated and then people in charge will decide on it. For the perspective of reinforcing the market position. This is what the free market is about. Of course, they did make their money. I would not hate them for that. Maybe they needed money. Maybe they just wanted money. In the beginning it was all love and that - but when it comes to revenue things tend to change. Plus, they may have built on this business. Love - sure. But nothing to eat - no. One absolutely valid business model, fully supported by so many "in the free market believing countries", particularly the US (been at least there, have accompanied such a process), is: Have a cool idea. Apply for government funds to push that idea into the market. Have an exit plan to be acquired by a big company. In between, give as much return to the folks giving you that money. We all love LEGO and believe in the brick. Fine - this is how this entire community interacts. Folks making the brick and alternatives run a business. They my very well believe in the brick as well - but from an entirely different perspective. Making money and depending on it is a true game changer. Best Thorsten
  17. So keen and we haven't said boo yet. Must be one of the Gorgons. I also prefer a spreadsheet over paper. Does that make me young or just sprightly? I'd like one of those.
  18. tafkatb

"In/Out" isn't really a "codename," it's just a term used internally to describe any "one-and-done" subtheme. Don't read too much into it.
  19. Nazgarot

Compressor - not enough oomph

Remove the lifting-cylinder and test it without a load. It may be the seals in the cylinder as you say it worked the first few times... This seems a bit heavy a load for a single cylinder. I would try doubling it after having checked the cylinder. The sudden drop when the pressure is released is also indicating this. A cylinder in working order should not be able to drop the load that fast except if you designed it to actively lower. -ED-
  20. dr_spock

Compressor - not enough oomph

Have you checked for air leaks?
  21. Don't worry dears! I've baked some nice macadamia nut cookies for us all while we try to figure out who to zap with a magical scepter. How did I bake something underwater? Magic, that's how. Don't ask questions.
  22. Yes. When the add to cart button is not there it means they are out of stock. I’d imagine it was popular as it’s the only place in Aus I’ve seen them available. It looks like the 25% discount was only for 24hrs too but I suspect other retailers will release before Christmas as even the local S@H have them listed as coming Dec 18.
  23. I am so happy that MLCad is running as seewing machine ... For me, Studio is a cool LDraw model rendering engine. That's it. Seeing how TLG is cutting through the BrickLink garden, it will certainly remain like that. I appreciate when the software improves rendering wise. Best Thorsten
  24. Saberwing40k

TLG acquires Bricklink

Gad, I thought Lego was above this kind of corporate megablocks. I guess not. "We won't change anything", they said. It was a lie. It was all a lie. I kind of hate the conflict of interests, and sadly, there seems to be little we can do about it, besides jump ship. What's next, Lego buying fan forums? Price regulations on how much you can charge? I also hate the previous owners of Bricklink for throwing their fans under the bus. They could have said no. But, they don't care, they made their money. I'm really sad, because Brickowl tends to be more expensive.
  25. dr_spock

[MOC] Santa's Space Sleigh

Very festive MOC for the season. Good work and Merry Christmas.
  26. Toastie

New train wheels tested by LEGO

WHAT? I did not watch that video as others did and pointed out the ... way they researched. So they are pulling the environmental card? For train wheels??? Man. They should just reduce their cardboard box sizes to what is environmentally friendly and will make an orders of magnitude higher impact on the environment. I really don't like it, when someone tries to ride this wave - with zero impact: Trains - as they repeatedly said - are a niche (in a niche). What about life-time? These new material wheels do live how long? And then they are replaced? Phew. They should be careful pulling that card. In a niche. Best Thorsten
  27. I have no preference to which one is better. I enjoy both. Ok, in-house may be winning here. Day 053 of 365: Blacktron Pit Crew by dr_spock_888, on Flickr
  1. Load more activity