With only one ship larger than class 6 active in the Eslandolan Navy, shipbuilders throughout the islands have been put to work. In Weelond, the new class 7 flagship of the Sea of Storms fleet is finally ready to sail.

01.jpg

Her name, Espada de Luna (“Sword of Luna”), and figurehead pay tribute to her duty as a warship and to the deity favored by mariners in the Church of the Two Coins.

02_bow.jpg

03_figurehead.jpg

On the fo’c’sle, a lieutenant oversees crewmen tending to the mainstay.

04_focsl.jpg

At the waist of the ship, another lieutenant oversees crewmen securing one of the cannons.

05_amid_ship.jpg

On the quarterdeck, Captain de Flynt discusses matters with Lieutenant Jacobs.

06_qtr_deck_1.jpg

07_capt_on_qtr_deck.jpg

A member of the rigging crew up in the top mast pauses for a moment to take in a view of the deck below.

08_from_the_rigging.jpg

The large stern gallery is topped by artwork of a raised sword against a crescent moon.

08_rear_qtr_ed.jpg

09_stern.jpg

And so Espada de Luna is ready to take her place in Eslandola’s fleet.

10_profile.jpg

---

This has been sitting on my shelf for a couple of months, and I finally finished up the rigging and sails.

As always, all C&C welcome.

Gorgeous colouring!  It is so well thought out in that respect and it is a great complimentary combination with the yellow striping accenting the design curves.  The build and sails and photography are all well done ofc.

Beautiful build! The overall design is great, and the colours are indeed well balanced. I like the custom prints on the sails as well as the brickbuilt stern decoration. All thumbs up from me! :thumbup:

My only issue here has nothing to do with the MOC itself, but the licensing: to me this looks like a class 6, and not even a big one. Compare this one to the "Alejandro da Vargas", the signature ship for class 6 the "Espada de Luna" looks a bit shorter to me, and definitely less massive. I just do not see this as a class 7 at all.

2 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Gorgeous colouring!  It is so well thought out in that respect and it is a great complimentary combination with the yellow striping accenting the design curves.  The build and sails and photography are all well done ofc.

Thanks. The color scheme did turn out quite nice. And I always try to use the striping to accentuate the curves. And thanks re the photography; it was tricky getting some of those deck detail shots.

1 hour ago, Drunknok said:

Beautiful build! The overall design is great, and the colours are indeed well balanced. I like the custom prints on the sails as well as the brickbuilt stern decoration. All thumbs up from me! :thumbup:

Thanks! I would have liked to get some more ornamentation into the stern, but it didn't work out. I struggle with stern decoration on my ships.

1 hour ago, Drunknok said:

to me this looks like a class 6

Admittedly it is a small class 7, but still a class 7. I think it is a touch longer than the Alajandro da Vargas, but more importantly it has more decks, and larger decks above the main gun deck at that. It also compares favorably with my existing class 7 La Contessa.

A great vessel from you as always !

I like the colour scheme... It works perfectly with the ship line and overall design ! Great job !

I may "borrow" you some ideas here and there to build my next ship... I hope to build bigger ships now... :pir-laugh:

Beautiful galleon, Capt Wolf. You have a very distinctive style that to me fits right into my archetype of Eslandian naval architecture. Seems to be the very essence of Eslandolan naval power. Large and powerful, while perhaps not the most nimble and speedy. And the elaborate stern and quarter galleries signals power and riches (perfectly fitting for you money hungry greenies ;) ).

As to the licensing question, please all remember that the archetypes should be the benchmark, not previously licensed vessels. So it should be licensed in the class it fits most. For this particular ship, how many midsections does it consist off? (The custom stern seems more or less similar in size to a prefab one) I can't quite make it out from the pictures.

Absolutely fabolous vessel!

The stern is amazingly beautifull!

Its style reminds me of the Black Sails vessels.

----

About class and licencing. At first glance, it looks like it has 5 midsecs.

It certainly is bigger than my class 6 Prince of Stedor and compared to a lot of licenced class 7 fregates, this one certainly belongs in the same class.

Compared to Ayrlego's Alejandro, this ons is clearly bigger (an extra deck).

I'd say that if it is 5 mids (plus bow and stern pieces) its a class 7, while in 4 mids, it would be a class 6.:)

A very nice ship Capt, the symbol of the sword and moon at the back really jumps out at me but the rigging, sails, and smooth hull are also very well done!

So much to say about this ship ... The colors the rigging the sails the crew .... A lot of detail in this one.  I especially love the sword and moon ... That came together well.  I do have to ask how you made the custom printed sails 

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:32 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Really beautiful... with a nice eslandolan colour scheme

Thanks!

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:36 AM, Faladrin said:

A great vessel from you as always !

I like the colour scheme... It works perfectly with the ship line and overall design ! Great job !

I may "borrow" you some ideas here and there to build my next ship... I hope to build bigger ships now... :pir-laugh:

Thanks, and borrow away!

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:15 AM, Bregir said:

Beautiful galleon, Capt Wolf. You have a very distinctive style that to me fits right into my archetype of Eslandian naval architecture. Seems to be the very essence of Eslandolan naval power. Large and powerful, while perhaps not the most nimble and speedy. And the elaborate stern and quarter galleries signals power and riches (perfectly fitting for you money hungry greenies ;) ).

Thanks. I've always thought an earlier era/style than the typical Corrie/Oleon Napoleonics was more fitting for Eslandola.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:46 AM, Maxim I said:

Absolutely fabolous vessel!

The stern is amazingly beautifull!

Its style reminds me of the Black Sails vessels.

Thanks! I really wanted to do more with the stern, but glad you and others like what I achieved. And a Black Sails reference (one of my all-time favorite shows) is a great compliment. Thank you!

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:29 AM, Kai NRG said:

A very nice ship Capt, the symbol of the sword and moon at the back really jumps out at me but the rigging, sails, and smooth hull are also very well done!

Thanks! Part of the purpose of this build was to improve my rigging with those hand-grip strings, which I find very aesthetically pleasing.

1 hour ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

So much to say about this ship ... The colors the rigging the sails the crew .... A lot of detail in this one.  I especially love the sword and moon ... That came together well.  I do have to ask how you made the custom printed sails 

Thanks! The sails are paper (a tan/cream color) and the logos are scanned from various Lego sources and just printed on a normal color printer. I trace outlines of Lego sails, cut 'em out, and hand draw the seams in the sails with brown pencil.

Nice looking Vessel @Capt Wolf. Definitely has an Eslandolan look to her. I love the sails and the rigging, and the detailing all around is great. However, I've got to fault you on skimping on interiors. :pir-tongue: Very nice ship otherwise though. 

Edited by Mesabi

Such a gorgeous ship, from stem to stern!  Classic Capt Wolf, and you've proved that your style works just as well on such an epic scale as on small vessels - fabulous job all around! :wub:  The stern, rigging, and sails are all excellent, and your slope approach to the sides works so well! - I'll really have to get a bunch of those slopes myself some time.  Lots of great details on deck - glad to see that 1x1 upside brick technique again!  A fantastic ship!

Another typical Capt Wolf beauty. Really, really nice. Packed with cool details, and an immense size - executed without flaws, and nicely presented. Perfect.

Edited by Elostirion