Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

The box art looks very boring for basically all of them. A lot of open space where nothing is happening. The most interesting-looking one is the Sanctum, but that’s due to the interesting large build.

The boxarts are really dull.. I will probably only get the Milano set due to Iron Man and the Gaunlet, but the sanctorum set has all the sick extra ‘battle’ parts so maybe that one as well. 

2 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Original hulkbuster was mark 44 for AOU

I'm talking about the figs bud.

43 and 45.

21 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

The boxarts are really dull.. I will probably only get the Milano set due to Iron Man and the Gaunlet, but the sanctorum set has all the sick extra ‘battle’ parts so maybe that one as well. 

Same goes for me, but thing is if you buy the Milano, you really have to get the Thor's weapon search to have the dropship included in the Milano. hahaha. Lego so smart.

57 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Same goes for me, but thing is if you buy the Milano, you really have to get the Thor's weapon search to have the dropship included in the Milano. hahaha. Lego so smart.

Does that one connect to the Milano? :p 

1 hour ago, Kevii23 said:

Does that one connect to the Milano? :p 

Yep it does. And for some reason I like this set very much. Hopefully Milano looks good with this pod connected.

I'm really not sure what the fuss is about the boxart... I found a couple of examples of boxart for the sets and they are horrible but is anyone really buying sets for the boxes?

The box arts are cool, but there is something off about them. Like ones really good looking are Sanctum Santorum and Thrasher Attack. Hulkbuster looks okay. Weapon Quest and Ultimate Battle don't look good, but the worst one is Dropship Attack. It looks so empty, really bad one.

Maybe the box art is dull to avoid spoiling possible plot lines for the movie.  I could care less about the boxes.  The sets look great.  

Just a note: the box images are official, but do contain a confidential watermark. 

I know The Brick Fan has the images from sets in the wild posted, but we unfortunately can’t share the box art images.

Finally tracked down the box art - had no luck on Instagram so gave up and checked elsewhere. Here are my thoughts on the box art;

Spoiler

76101;

• Looks empty, would have been helped by having a forest backdrop (where we see the pods in the trailer) and the second Outrider outside of the vehicle fighting Black Widow
  • Infinity Stone is front and center but could have used an effect around it to show it's importance

76102;

• Box art looks fine here, other than Groot seemingly trying to destroy the machine that Thor presumably needs to create the weapon
  • Infinity Stone is sort of randomly placed on the machine, almost did not notice it

76103;

• Box art seems fine, except for the backdrop. The segment of the wall we have is black, purple and white while the wall it is depicted next to is grey and black.
  • Infinity Stone does not appear to be on the front, though i am missing the lower segment of the image

76104;

• Box art looks fine, could have used a tree background also given that's where we see Hulkbuster emerging from in the trailers.
  • The Hulkbuster itself has definitely being enlarged on the box art in an attempt to sell the set, it appears to have a 'move arms up and down' function judging by the motion lines

76107;

• Box looks considerably wider than it needs to be making the Milano look incredibly wide and leaving considerable amounts of space in the image
  • The new Milano is shoved in the middle while the Infinity Gauntlet, likely the main reason to buy the set, is shoved to the side.

76108;

• Box looks considerably wider than it needs to be
  • Backdrop does not fit with the sanctum's backdrop in the movies and makes the Sanctum look inadequate given the movie Sanctum is four or so floors high.
  • The side with the ladder seems to feature the play features - a wall and a window can be exploded out of the set

Overall;

• Thanos in the corner looks odd, though i guess they wanted to help further differentiate these sets from the Avengers 4 sets which will probably have the core Avengers in the corner
  • Most the sets suffer from poor layout, worsened by the lack of characters and the focus normally being on the least interesting part of the set
  • Thanos' Ultimate Battle is the worst offender in this regard, the left side is basically empty other than the Milano's wing - it clearly needed an extra figure and the large box width just emphasizes this

I'm not particularly someone who cares much about the box art, i tend to keep the boxes occasionally if it looks nice though. None of these i'm going to bother keeping the boxes for.

Edited by Scarilian

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

@Scarilian that function that Hulkbuster can do wil be the ‘go to sleep’ previously mentioned, no?

It was mentioned, but people were questioning how it was done. From the box art it looks like he's just kind of slamming his fist down.

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

Not sure if its been pointed ot but the Sanctum set box art has that giant space ring at the top right.

That’s a really cool detail, I wouldn’t have noticed that.

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

Not sure if its been pointed ot but the Sanctum set box art has that giant space ring at the top right.

Wow, didn't notice it. Maybe easter egg for another set? Nah, just kidding :grin: