Konajra

Brickton harbour

Hello All,

For the last 1,5 year I've been building on a habour scene. I called the town Bickton Harbour. In this 1,5 year I have built 5 buikdings and several ships.

It started with Harpers baitshop. A small wooden building on a pier.

25332541943_b75c77099b_c.jpg

After this model I designed and built Gilbert. A fuel and oil company:

29232155174_dbede4faf1_c.jpg

But what is a harbour without ships. I had a few ships around but they were all to big in scale and size to fit this scene. So I built a LEGO City style trawler and somewhat later an American style tugboat.

Brickton harbor is taking shape by Arjan Oude Kotte, on Flickr

Tugger 1 is also on LEGO ideas, so....... when I put this all together it looks like this:

29566116280_62f4b95fc5_c.jpg

35248685440_e5a1cee3e5_c.jpg

34814452454_2ce0d21be2_c.jpg

And then the following problem: the catched fish needs to be brought to land, so i needed some fishing company. When I had built that I thought that the green trawler was somewhat small. And again I built a ship. This time a Shrimpboat. One ship let to another and now the company Patterson Seafood owns 2 shrimpboats. This piece of my harbour scene was on display at Skearbeak 2017:

36824071930_45502ca148_c.jpg

The last 2 buildings I have added are a shipchandler called O'Donnell Brothers and a small railway Freigt Depot from BR (Brickton Railways)

36884857053_7daf5ab7a8_c.jpg

26271858139_d3f8521ab0_c.jpg

Last week I connected everthing together and this is the result.

38364841462_979af5dd16_c.jpg

The train in my harbour is a modified copy of the EMD model 40 from commander wolf. The darkblue fishingboat is a modified copy of a model from Mr.Zumbi.

Edited by Konajra

Very impressive, as we are used to be when seeing your grear builds! How many round plates did you use for the water...:thumbup:

Wow.  I like how each building has it's own unique personality.  And so many detail that make the scene come alive.  Very well done.

Absolutely superb. The colours, the detailing and overall feel - it just works so well together and makes it so very lifelike. A place I would like to visit and stay for a while. :classic:

2 hours ago, Marinho said:

Wow, it is indeed really nice! Did you build interiors for the buildings?

There are no interiors in the buildings. I would have to make one for the olive green though, because I want to put LEDs inside them to light it up. Without an interior that wouldn't make sense.

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone! 

Reminds me of Robert's Old Fishing Store and all the collection, only yours is less on a comecial scale and a straight out wonderful MOC. And studs as water works as great as it's ever worked.

Oh, and the layout of that Olive Green building is seriously impressive. My favourite of your houses!

Edited by paupadros

Is it possible that I've seen part of this in Skaerbaek at the Lego fan weekend?

On 8-12-2017 at 2:13 AM, fatum said:

Is it possible that I've seen part of this in Skaerbaek at the Lego fan weekend?

Yes, there was a small part of it there.

On 9-12-2017 at 11:43 AM, ArchitectureFan said:

Amazingly perfect.

Thanks.

On 15-11-2017 at 12:29 PM, LegoSjaak said:

Very impressive, as we are used to be when seeing your grear builds! How many round plates did you use for the water...:thumbup:

I used around 40.000 plates.

11 hours ago, Venunder said:

Wow! that is a really impressive small harbour. Very realistic.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks.

4 hours ago, joacim said:

WOW! So impressive!

Thank you.