Lox Lego

Acura NSX GT3 Type R + Instructions - Framework and Bodywork

On 10/31/2017 at 7:04 PM, koalayummies said:

Amazing work. I think its really awesome! It is a really hard shape and look to match with the restrictions of Lego and those familiar with the Type R history and lineage will appreciate the fact that it kind of has to be white to represent the true Type R color of Championship White. The interior really captures the feel of a Type R as well, iconic red suede seating and race-car inspired cockpit in a production car. Fantastic MOC!

Thanks very much @koalayummies!! I tried as best as I could to replicate the NSX. And thanks for the comment on the interior, very happy with how it turned out. Cheers!!! :wink:

26302532749_1570a8b17b_b.jpgNSX Interior by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

On 11/1/2017 at 4:19 AM, Aleh said:

Ha-ha, I'm laughing loudly ))

lol I know.... me too! Red overkill for sure!

14 hours ago, Isak said:

personally I would say the front being too high really isn't a huge issue. While it doesn't represent the real NSX perfectly, it doesn't look bad at all. I actually almost prefer the front being high...

@Isak Thanks very much! Yes it may not perfectly replicate the front, but it has a slightly more aggressive stance with the taller front. Cheers! :pir-laugh:

37965891206_23fd38a794_b.jpgNSX - underbelly shot by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

And a huge Thanks @Jim for the front page!!

37947004972_43b4aaf1b5_b.jpgAcura NSX GT3 Type R by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

The cars do look similar, but I was mainly talking about the height of the grill making it look a little bit like an Audi.  Out of curiosity, how did you manage to connect the rear spoiler to the wishbone suspension parts?

Edited by Meatman

On 2017-11-02 at 12:59 PM, Meatman said:

The cars do look similar, but I was mainly talking about the height of the grill making it look a little bit like an Audi.  Out of curiosity, how did you manage to connect the rear spoiler to the wishbone suspension parts?

Hi @Meatman, the rear spoiler was connected with a 3l reddish brown axle thru a single eyelet on one side, and a regular blue axle/pin connector. That was the only way I could level the wing as the suspension arm is on a heavier angle. 

Man, you are building faster than I when I was 8. Can you stop pumping out builds for a while, I just don't know which one to build first! :-P

You are the most productive and ingenious Lego builder of all time. Builds are just flawing out of you. I guess the bricks you got are the happiest bricks in the world.

The speed of this car is phenomenal for its functions. I would be interested to know the brick count and its weight.

I like your new chairs design. I think it went unnoticed in the posts above.

Points to consider:

-  These rear spoilers are 2 studs bigger than they should. Your spoilers build looks doable to cut 1 stud length from both sides.

- The front black nose looks too tall and uhmm.. ugly. :-P

- I have a thing for travel in suspensions and this one is super tight. I can feel the car with this speed hitting hard every time it goes through a hump.

Bravo! Keep pumping out these wonderful super builds!

PS What is the function of the small red gear between sits? Is it a power switch?

Edited by Mysh
PS

On 11/9/2017 at 12:01 PM, Mysh said:

Man, you are building faster than I when I was 8. Can you stop pumping out builds for a while, I just don't know which one to build first! :-P

You are the most productive and ingenious Lego builder of all time. Builds are just flawing out of you. I guess the bricks you got are the happiest bricks in the world.

The speed of this car is phenomenal for its functions. I would be interested to know the brick count and its weight.

I like your new chairs design. I think it went unnoticed in the posts above.

Points to consider:

-  These rear spoilers are 2 studs bigger than they should. Your spoilers build looks doable to cut 1 stud length from both sides.

- The front black nose looks too tall and uhmm.. ugly. :-P

- I have a thing for travel in suspensions and this one is super tight. I can feel the car with this speed hitting hard every time it goes through a hump.

Bravo! Keep pumping out these wonderful super builds!

PS What is the function of the small red gear between sits? Is it a power switch?

Lol Thanks Mysh!! Can't thank you enough for your kind words. The weight of the car is 6.6 pounds and the brick count will be in the 2800 - 3000 range. I have finished the tear down of the bodywork already. I will be selling these instructions as "photo sequence" instructions on Rebrickable. They will be on sale for cheaper thank when Thorsten does instructions of course. I will sell the bodywork and framework separate so builders can use the framework as a base. I plan on re-visiting the framework with a new bodywork in the future. I was happy with seat design, so thanks!

Yes the rear spoiler was a touch too big, first time making one so I will work closer with scaling in future. Still learning! The nose is a bit high, but functionally everything works well. If I go 1 stud lower, the hood touches the wheels. You are correct about speed bumps, it does have to be a clean surface when driving :)

Regarding the  red "gear" between "sits" (do you mean seats?) I did not use any red gears between the seats. The shifter is just for show, if thats what you mean.

Another really cool note: Acura has seen this NSX and they are loving it! They will possibly post it on their Facebook page, and have requested my home address to send a care package for making such an awesome car. I am beyond stoked for this recognition! 

Edited by Lox Lego

12 minutes ago, Lox Lego said:

Regarding the  red "gear" between "sits" (do you mean seats?) I did not use any red gears between the seats. The shifter is just for show, if thats what you mean.

Another really cool note: Acura has seen this NSX and they are loving it! They will possibly post it on their Facebook page, and have requested my home address to send a care package for making such an awesome car. I am beyond stoked for this recognition! 

Maybe its a brand new nsx! :laugh:

9 minutes ago, Lox Lego said:

Thats the only plausible answer :pir-laugh:

Ohh yeah. That will be 157,000 please...

Well done to Acura! I remember Avtoros also got in touch with Madoca at some point too.

Lox Lego, you are such a nice guy! What I like more than your builds is your open and friendly attitude. You take all comments so cool man.

Thanks about the gear, I didn't know it was only for show. I thought it was like GNR, sheepo's handbrake or something. Yes, I meant to say **between seats**! :-)

I am planning to build a white Veneno Lamborghini in February. And that's a close call between your bro's Aston Martin, Bruno's Mercedes and Madoca's Icarus. I am also planning to resurrect my legendary 8865...

Wish I had more free time...

Edited by Mysh

On 11/11/2017 at 2:23 PM, Mysh said:

Well done to Acura! I remember Avtoros also got in touch with Madoca at some point too.

Lox Lego, you are such a nice guy! What I like more than your builds is your open and friendly attitude. You take all comments so cool man.

Hi Mysh! Thanks for the comments!! 

I'm happy to say the instructions for the Acura Bodywork + Framework is now complete! If you're looking for a framework for your own 1:8 scale MOC racecar, then I suggest trying this framework. If you want to build the whole car pick up both instructions linked below:

NSX GT3 Framework: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-10857

NSX GT3 Bodywork: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-10858 

37836838424_a406fe1acd_b.jpgNSX GT3 TYPE R - instructions avail on rebrickable by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

38540610541_99ed2b308e_b.jpgNSX GT3- custom seat design by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

1 hour ago, KD123 said:

Thanks for sharing this, the build queue just keeps getting longer and longer.  

@KD123 lol I can't beleive you've got the Bugatti thrown in the mix. You're the machine!

31 minutes ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

got the plans today and starting tomorrow....looks great!! I have an idea about the front and I'll share it if it pans out!!

Hey @AFOLegofan66 I'd love to see a rendition of the front. 

5 hours ago, Aleh said:

Haha buddy, do you sleep ever? :grin:
Great job! Thank  you very much! :thumbup:

Not recently, that's for sure :sweet: Halfway thru the next project... Top secret of course :pir-classic:

On 11/21/2017 at 2:11 PM, letsbuild said:

Still no stuff from Acura?

Hey! 

My care package from Acura has arrived! So pumped on the Mug, Hat and Poster.

I looked for the Keys of my new NSX in the box but couldn't find any... :wink:

#Acura #NSX

38205928504_28e83361c7_b.jpgAcura has sent a special thanks for making the NSX. Beyond stoked! by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

38205929084_d7c661873a_b.jpgAcura has sent a special thanks for making the NSX. Beyond stoked! by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

On 12/9/2017 at 6:50 AM, Lox Lego said:

Hey! 

My care package from Acura has arrived! So pumped on the Mug, Hat and Poster.

I looked for the Keys of my new NSX in the box but couldn't find any... :wink:

#Acura #NSX

Acura has sent a special thanks for making the NSX. Beyond stoked! by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Acura has sent a special thanks for making the NSX. Beyond stoked! by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Hey, since Acura was so cool, maybe you can also give the car another go and help me bring the nose one stud down! ::wink::

I am also thinking to replace the front 3x1 thick liftarm black to 3x1 liftarm 40 year technic anniversary. This would create the illusion of shorter front grid and will make it look like a car plate.

Edited by Mysh

2 hours ago, Mysh said:

Hey, since Acura was so cool, maybe you can also give the car another go and help me bring the nose one stud down! ::wink::

I am also thinking to replace the front 3x1 thick liftarm black to 3x1 liftarm 40 year technic anniversary. This would create the illusion of shorter front grid and will make it look like a car plate.

Hey Mysh!

I will revisit the instructions and see if I can bring it down. Can make any promises, but I will try :wink: