Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

BoBS CMF – Series 3

@Elostirion started it, and @Ayrlego continued it and threw down the gauntlet to others, so here's my contribution to the BoBS CMF effort.

bobs_cmf_3.jpg

Corrington Explorer

bobs_cmf_3-1.jpg

Sir Famous Explorer has been knighted by the queen for his service to the crown. His most recent present for Her Majesty: a pineapple, his latest discovery in New Terra. His is always well dressed, befitting his standing in the queen’s court, and he is the talk of all the ladies. His next adventure? Perhaps circumnavigating the globe!

Corrington Spy

bobs_cmf_3-2.jpg

As the wife of a Corrington diplomat, she has the perfect cover to travel to foreign lands and collect the gossip from the wives of other nations’ dignitaries. But she can charm her way into the men’s discussions as well. And don’t think she’s an easy mark if you get her alone: beware the pistol she hides in her knickers!

Corrington Naturalist

bobs_cmf_3-3.jpg

His appearance might suggest he is rather bookish and doesn’t get out much, but appearances can be deceiving. He has traveled throughout the Brick Seas courtesy of the Royal Navy, studying the new islands and cataloging their flora and fauna.

Oleon Aristocrat

bobs_cmf_3-4.jpg

She went to all the right schools and is intelligent and refined. While not a young lady anymore, she was widowed at a young age, and still has her looks. Now independently wealthy, she is the target of many suitors. As a result, she can choose who she spends her time with, and even go on some adventures that women of her standing rarely get to experience.

Oleon Admiral

bobs_cmf_3-5.jpg

He is among Oleon’s greatest naval commanders, and he can typically be found on his flagship, a ship of the line. His gray hair and receding hairline reveal his years of experience. Nothing escapes his steely gaze, and order is always maintained on his ship. He commands the utmost respect from his officers and the crew, and is highly regarded by the king.

Oleon Priest

bobs_cmf_3-6.jpg

Some say the Order of the Faith is the true power in Oleon. Followers of Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades all look to the Order for guidance and blessing. While most priests of the Order wear white, grey, or red robes, this priest wears the black robes of the secret order within the Faith … secret even from many other priests of the Order of the Faith!

Eslandola Swordsman

bobs_cmf_3-7.jpg

The many trade companies of Eslandola have their own militias, and the richest merchant barons have their own elite bodyguard units. This man is a highly skilled swordsman in the employ of one of the most powerful merchant barons in Eslandola. His fine uniform reflects his status, and his expertise in combat is well known to all.

Eslandola Banker

bobs_cmf_3-8.jpg

The merchant barons of Eslandola need to keep their riches safe, and also finance their endeavors without plundering their own financial resources. Thus Eslandola has seen the rise of a thriving financial industry. This banker insures merchants’ gold deposits and advances DBs to those seeking to become wealthy in New Terra.

Eslandola Socialite

bobs_cmf_3-9.jpg

The wife of a merchant baron, this lady wears the finest clothes money can buy, including the latest fashions from all of Halos. She may not have the schooling and refinement of the Oleon Aristocrat, but she would not embarrass herself or her husband in such company (probably). If nothing else, her spending habits motivate her husband to add to his wealth.

Sea Rat Captain

bobs_cmf_3-10.jpg

He is a self-made man, raising himself up from humble beginnings. Alienated by the rules and laws of the established factions that are slanted against him, he struck out on his own to make a name for himself in the islands of New Terra. All he needs is a ship and his wits, and he will overcome the obstacles “society” has put in his way.

Sea Rat Swordswoman

bobs_cmf_3-11.jpg

She is an expert with the blade, both sword and knife. Although some men do not like having women aboard a ship, she is a valued member of her crew. Part of the vanguard in boarding actions, she is deadly in close combat. She is also hot-tempered; do not cross her on-board ship or on liberty in port.

Sea Rat Pirate Hunter

bobs_cmf_3-12.jpg

To many in the Old World, all Sea Rats are pirates, but those who sail in the seas of New Terra have learned otherwise. Many a Sea Rat will take offense at being called a pirate, none more so than this one. With no allegiance to the Old World factions, but no desire to be the object of their scorn, this captain hunts down the pirates that give Sea Rats a bad name.

Mardier Militia

bobs_cmf_3-13.jpg

A recent veteran of the Eslando-Mardierian War of 616-617, he was one of many local militia men called into service on Isla de Medio. Local militia typically can’t afford the fancy uniforms of army regulars, but his wide-brimmed beaver hat helps keep his powder dry, and his buff coat provides ample protection if he gets into close combat.

Fisherman

bobs_cmf_3-14.jpg

This fellow could be of any faction in the Brick Seas. While many make their profession in service of the army, navy, or a trade company, this man of the sea is skilled at harvesting what the sea provides: food for his family and for sale at market. He dreams of making enough DBs to buy a larger boat and hire a crew of his own to go after tuna and other commercial fish.

Native Pearl Diver

bobs_cmf_3-15.jpg

Many of the islands of New Terra were already inhabited by native peoples when the Halosians started to explore the Brick Seas. This native diver is a highly skilled craftsman, and the strange new men who have come to his island seem very excited about the pearls he retrieves.

Monkey

bobs_cmf_3-16.jpg

Monkey is far too simple a name; he has many skills. Artist, scientist, and today … author. A young Corrish playwright suffering from writer’s block has offered him several hundred DBs to ghostwrite his latest play for the queen. The monkey prefers not to work under such a harsh deadline, but has agreed in this instance.

Fantastic work! Oh, I've started something good I feel. :-) 

I especially like your women, the Oleon Aristocrat and Eslandola Socialite are pretty damn cool. I also really like that you took a more simplistic approach to many of your characters (e.g. Mardier Militia or Eslandola Banker). Not every minifig must wear 10 parts of equipment.

Another great contribution!

This is just getting better. :pir-grin:

Another great series, which I wish could be mine. I don't think I even have enough distinct minifigs in that style for a full series...

The most fascinating about these CMF series (and I am really tempted to do one myself too...) is really what it says about it's creator's view on BoBS and the different factions! :P

Great entry in the series, sir - well done! My favourites are the Sea Rats.

8 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Fantastic work! Oh, I've started something good I feel.

You have. You really have!

8 hours ago, Elostirion said:

I especially like your women, the Oleon Aristocrat and Eslandola Socialite are pretty damn cool. I also really like that you took a more simplistic approach to many of your characters (e.g. Mardier Militia or Eslandola Banker). Not every minifig must wear 10 parts of equipment.

Another great contribution!

Thanks. You and Ayrlego did such a good job that I really had to scramble for some of mine, such as the ESL socialite. I tried having the banker holding a book/ledger, but it didn't work.

8 hours ago, Drunknok said:

This is just getting better. :pir-grin:

Another great series, which I wish could be mine. I don't think I even have enough distinct minifigs in that style for a full series...

Thanks. As for not having enough distinct minifigs, maybe you and another player could collaborate to create a set of 16.

4 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

arf, fried...

and at least 5 minifig to change :wacko:

One of the reasons I hurried to get mine posted. :pir-grin:

5 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Great idea, the monkey  :grin:

The monkey was a must from the beginning. :pir-grin:

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

The most fascinating about these CMF series (and I am really tempted to do one myself too...) is really what it says about it's creator's view on BoBS and the different factions!

Actually, I don't feel like my write-ups reflect my take on the BoBS factions. I scrambled for some of the fig components, then the figs just spoke to me about their character. Kinda backwards, but that's how I approached it.

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

Great entry in the series, sir - well done! My favourites are the Sea Rats.

Thanks. I enjoyed doing the Black Sails characters Sea Rats minifigs too. :pir-grin:

Wow, great addition Capt Wolf, you certainly didn't disappoint! And so much activity over the last couple of days and it made it to page two before I could comment!

My all time favourite is the Eslandolan Swordsmen, I have one made up identical that I copied from your Mardierian surrender scene that very nearly made it into my series! The Mardierian musketeer is also really cool, I love the SW torso that you use for your musketeers.

15 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Actually, I don't feel like my write-ups reflect my take on the BoBS factions. I scrambled for some of the fig components, then the figs just spoke to me about their character. Kinda backwards, but that's how I approached it.

That's right! @Bregir it's all about the figures - all else is secondary!!! :pir_tong2:

Love the monkey! :pir-laugh:  Lots of other figs to like here too - the Oleon admiral is very cool, the Eslandian swordsman is classic, and the banker is a great concept! :thumbup: 

Some great figs here, Capt Wolf, nice to see this catching on!  We'll be caught up with the official series before long! :laugh: :grin:  I'm really liking the Corry explorer and native diver, along with all the Eslandolan figs (some great combinations there - love the use of that face for the banker, just perfect!), but the best one's got to be that monkey, of course! :pir-laugh:

The Mardier Militia is spot on! Sea rat captain, eslandolan socialite, the banker and Oleon priest have a lot of personality.

Great Serie !

the Corrington explorer doesn't seem to know what to do wit the pineapple, perhaps a Mardier officer could teach him how to make Pineapple shots... :tongue:

And great interpretation of the Monkey ! :laugh::laugh_hard:

I forgot to mention the monkey. Perhaps that's the way it wants it. We need someone to setup a play of it! Free idea for sale. PM for more details.(@Captain Braunsfeld?)

Edited by Sir Stig

20 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Wow, great addition Capt Wolf, you certainly didn't disappoint!

Thank you!

20 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

My all time favourite is the Eslandolan Swordsmen, I have one made up identical that I copied from your Mardierian surrender scene that very nearly made it into my series! The Mardierian musketeer is also really cool, I love the SW torso that you use for your musketeers.

You and Elos did such a great job with the ESL figs, I had to pull in that swordsman to keep pace! And I also had to show off that torso for the militia.

17 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Love the monkey! :pir-laugh:  Lots of other figs to like here too - the Oleon admiral is very cool, the Eslandian swordsman is classic, and the banker is a great concept! :thumbup: 

Thanks! Although a quick apology to Ayrlego: I realized after the fact that my Oleon Admiral is almost identical to his -- at least dressed the same.

13 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Some great figs here, Capt Wolf, nice to see this catching on!  We'll be caught up with the official series before long! :laugh: :grin:  I'm really liking the Corry explorer and native diver, along with all the Eslandolan figs (some great combinations there - love the use of that face for the banker, just perfect!), but the best one's got to be that monkey, of course! :pir-laugh:

My Corrie explorer is one of my personal favorites. He is my Sir Francis Drake. And the native diver was one I had fun putting together.

I really wanted to make sure the faces enhanced the figs. The banker just needed a stern look. I'm glad you approve!

And the monkey was a must from the get go! :pir-grin:

12 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

The Mardier Militia is spot on! Sea rat captain, eslandolan socialite, the banker and Oleon priest have a lot of personality.

Thanks. The great thing about the militiaman is you just have to change the color of the arms to make it work for any other faction.

And personality was what I was working for, so I'm glad that came through. The socialite was going nowhere until I pulled that hat/hair piece out of the bag, and it instantly transformed her!

11 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Great Serie !

the Corrington explorer doesn't seem to know what to do wit the pineapple, perhaps a Mardier officer could teach him how to make Pineapple shots... :tongue:

And great interpretation of the Monkey ! :laugh::laugh_hard:

Thanks! Sir Famous Explorer is presenting the pineapple as a present to the queen. I'm sure somebody in her court will figure out what to do with it!

Yet another fantastic fantasy series! :excited: And once again they're so good I can hardly pick a favorite. Maybe the explorer or swordsman...

I like your inclusion of ladies in dresses. It's so much more realistic that way, and the socialite is kinda cute. :grin:

The priest and fisherman don't quite fit in to my eyes, but they're still creative. And I really like your Mardierian militia... "Minutemen" perhaps?

Good work!

On 10/10/2017 at 10:51 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Woohoo! Figbarfing gets better and better as we speak :wink: Great job Cpt Wolf!

Thanks! Figbarfing is always fun! :pir-grin:

22 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Yet another fantastic fantasy series! :excited: And once again they're so good I can hardly pick a favorite. Maybe the explorer or swordsman...

I like your inclusion of ladies in dresses. It's so much more realistic that way, and the socialite is kinda cute. :grin:

The priest and fisherman don't quite fit in to my eyes, but they're still creative. And I really like your Mardierian militia... "Minutemen" perhaps?

Good work!

Thank you! The explorer and swordsmen are two of my favorites as well. As for the socialite, I think you might have a thing for redheads! :wub:

I'll agree the fisherman is one of my (if not the) weakest in the set. And the militiaman / minuteman analogy is a good one.