Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

BoBS CMF - Series 2

In response to @Elostirion's awesome CMF series, here is my own (series 2?) effort - featuring an all yellow line up!!! Anyone else care to do series 3 on? Enjoy!

36788701474_fc4502773f_c.jpg

In faction alphabetical order

Corrington

Corlander Highland Grenadier

23646260848_fd0e06211b_z.jpg

Recruited from the wild Corrish Highlanders, these are some of the toughest and most well renowned troops in Her Majesties service. A feature of every Corlander military campaign, these troops are also present in protecting Corlander interests in the new world. Currently stationed in Port Woodhouse, this veteran Grenadier drills almost constantly. His discipline is unquestionable and most days he can achieve five shots a minute - a phenomenal rate of fire for a musket!

Corlander Sea Captain

36788699754_74ea260af2_z.jpg

Part merchant, part explorer, this Corlander Sea Captain has made a life on the high seas. Whether it is carrying a valuable trade cargo, or charting unexplored waters, he is the undisputed master of his vessel and expert in his trade. Currently based out of King's Harbour, he prepares for an expedition to chart islands in the New Haven region.

Corlander Keeper of Time

37467615712_a18ce2fa8b_z.jpg

Keepers of Time occupy an important place in Corlander society. Responsible for the local Office of Time, they promote order in a chaotic world. Part bell tower keeper, part town planner, the Keeper of Time occupies an almost spiritual place in secular Corlander society. The Time Keeper in Mooreton Bay is a former army veteran, who lost a leg in some long forgotten skirmish. His life is now dedicated to order - and nowhere needs order quite like a newly established settlement in the New World!

Eslandolan Musketeer

37467612962_4b170d7e7e_z.jpg

Don't be fooled by his old fashioned appearance, Eslandolan regulars gained a hard fought reputation as some of the finest troops in the recent conflict on the Isla de Medio/Victoria. While his equipment may not be as advanced as his counterparts in Corrington or Oleon, Eslandolan troops ware their old fashioned uniforms with a perverse sense of pride. Now, flushed with victory, this musketeer spends some well earned rest in a quite posting to the new settlement on Otono.

Eslandolan Merchant Baron

36788699044_9a22f063a1_z.jpg

The MCTC, EWTC, MAESTRO, Eslandolan Trade companies are giants of commerce in the new world. Such powerhouses are driven by powerful men, driven by the almost obsessive need to accumulate riches and power. This successful merchant baron is currently on Nellisa, overseeing the the establishment of his Trade Companies cotton interests there.

Eslandolan Assassin

23646259148_12e8676869_z.jpg

An intense war and ruthless trade competition promote an environment where a professional 'problem solver' may thrive. She is one of the best 'problem solvers' in the new world. Usually in the employment of the King, with the decline of the monarchy she finds herself seeking new employment and was last seen stirring up trouble during the Terraversan rebellion against Mardier. (This is an approximation of one of Elostirion's characters - you may recognise her from Challenge V!)

Oleon Guardsmen

36829579313_82d40b27da_z.jpg

Only the tallest, fittest and most experienced men are selected for the elite Oleon Guard units. These moustached veterans install fear whenever present on the battlefield, renowned for their stubbornness in both attack and defence. Currently he is stationed in Breshaun, patiently waiting for orders on which puny enemy to crush next.

Oleon Naval Officer

36829578973_2e118fa29c_z.jpg

With some of the grandest ships and one of the largest fleets in the New World, The Oleon Navy is well represented throughout the colonies. Known for his steadfast ability to defy the odds, and his deep piety for Poseidon, this Naval officer captains a Royal Frigate, currently hunting down pirates in the Sea of Thieves.

Oleon Priest of Hades

37467622082_22e9676d5b_z.jpg

The most shadowy of the Oleon Priesthoods, not much is know about Priests of Hades expect that their bright red robes install terror in most men. Currently he is rooting out heresy across the New World.

Sea Rat Pirate

36788702744_979d9d3fd0_z.jpg

Mercenaries, pirates, bandits, it doesn't matter what you call them, these are some of the most ruthless men in the Brick Seas. This one is known for his use of pistols. It is not know how many he carries at any one time, but in a boarding action he always seems to have one loaded to dispatch his enemies.

Sea Rat Captain

36829576013_756c371e16_z.jpg

An independent contractor, this master sea captain will taken on any job... if the price is right. Fiercely independent, he owes no man his allegiance. He is the master of his own destiny.

Sea Rat Smuggler

37467619672_e22d081e78_z.jpg

Need something... unsual? Maybe some fell of the back of a ship? This man, based in Tortuga, can find anything, or anyone for a suitable amount of gold. Why does he cover his face? Probably because his torso has a large about of flesh he is wanted by most of the major empires!

Mardierian Officer

23646255518_a4c53b47be_z.jpg

Although humiliated in the last war against Eslandola and Garvey, it would be foolish to discount Mardier as a major power just yet. As the long civil war on the mainland comes to a close, many Mardierians look to their lost colonies, and those who they blame for this, and long for revenge!

Garvian Infantry

36788697604_53f14b2a54_z.jpg

Steadfast allies of Eslandola in the last war, the small but well trained and professional army of Garvey played a significant role in Mardiers defeat. Now back in Leopoldis, this soldier awaits his next assignment.

Myzec Apprentice Priestess

36788696194_641ab4fb27_z.jpg

Her whole life has been spent training for a leading role in Myzec society, still she has always earned to discover life outside the hidden valley of the Myzec. Now the redcoats have come, and her opportunity has arisen. Appointed by her leader to accompany the leader of the red coats back to his towns, she will finally explore the world beyond the confines of her beloved valley.

Terraversan Inn Keeper

37467618552_bacd52d3fd_z.jpg

Rebelling against the Mardierian crown hasn't changed much in King's Port. Business is still booming as the port remains an important hub and entry point into the new world. She takes full advantage of this, catering to visitors in the busy port... and if she earns some extra money for what she over hears in her tavern... well that would just be good business!

That Eslandolan Merchant Baron - WOW! Nailed it so much better than I did. Still impressed.

The rest is cool as well (especially the Myzec priestess and the innkeeper), but the merchant baron definitely stands miles above the rest.

And thanks for picking it up so quickly, love it!

I'm jealous again - what a great set of minifigs!

Is there a chance you could give us details about what parts (and their sources) you have used? Thanks in advance.

Oh! - another great BoBS CMF series; and yellow this time!  What more could you ask? :laugh: :grin:

That sure caught on fast, and you've got some awesome figs here!  The Sea Rats are probably my overall favorite as a group - those captains are just great! - but the first two Corries, the priest of Hades, Mardierian fig, and your take on Elos' assassin character have got some excellent combinations as well.  I might just have to do one of these myself tomorrow sometime soon! :pir-grin: :pir-laugh:

Wow. Elostirion has started something, and you're running with it quite well! My faves are the Corrie Highlander, the Oleon priest, the Sea Rat Captain (it's the crossed swords on his back), the Garveyian infantry (love that torso sticker), and all three ESL figs. And what is the Myzec priestess holding? Great write-ups for all is well.

Now I have to work on a contribution to this theme this weekend!

Great Figbarf @Ayrlego Did the two of you coordinate, or were you just inspired?

And I held my tongue for the first one, but what do I have to do to get a WTC marine in one of these? :pir_tong2:

8 hours ago, Mesabi said:

And I held my tongue for the first one, but what do I have to do to get a WTC marine in one of these? :pir_tong2:

Just display the third set by yourself

Very cool series Ayrlego!  My favorites are probably the Eslandian baron, the Sea Rat Captain (the lime feather works so surprisingly well!) and the Garvey soldier!  :thumbup:  Really quick work on getting this out here!  Looking forward to seeing who keeps the ball rolling from here!

On 05/10/2017 at 7:12 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Whouhou... wow wow !! another greta display of fig !!!

the smuggler is wondeful !! :thumbup:

Thanks! I've been thinking that perhaps I should have made the smuggler a she rather than a he....

On 05/10/2017 at 7:53 AM, Elostirion said:

That Eslandolan Merchant Baron - WOW! Nailed it so much better than I did. Still impressed.

The rest is cool as well (especially the Myzec priestess and the innkeeper), but the merchant baron definitely stands miles above the rest.

And thanks for picking it up so quickly, love it!

Thanks Elos. I wasn't sure about the merchant baron's hat - but I didn't want to use the musketeer hat again so I gave it a try - glad you like it. Thanks for the original inspiration - I hope we see some more!

On 05/10/2017 at 8:09 AM, Spud The Viking said:

I also love the Eslandolan Merchant, such a great figure. My favourite though has to be the highlander, for obvious reasons. Great series overall!

Thanks Spud! My highlanders keep re-appearing! I'd love to make a whole (BoBS) company of them (30), but I only have three of the CMF bagpipers and they are too expensive on BL to get any more - well definitely for another 27!

On 05/10/2017 at 8:12 AM, Drunknok said:

I'm jealous again - what a great set of minifigs!

Is there a chance you could give us details about what parts (and their sources) you have used? Thanks in advance.

Thank you Drunknok. Are there any figs in particular you'd like to know the parts for? I can definitely let you know.

On 05/10/2017 at 10:09 AM, Garmadon said:

Oh! - another great BoBS CMF series; and yellow this time!  What more could you ask? :laugh: :grin:

That sure caught on fast, and you've got some awesome figs here!  The Sea Rats are probably my overall favorite as a group - those captains are just great! - but the first two Corries, the priest of Hades, Mardierian fig, and your take on Elos' assassin character have got some excellent combinations as well.  I might just have to do one of these myself tomorrow sometime soon! :pir-grin: :pir-laugh:

Thanks Garm! Please do a series!!!!

On 05/10/2017 at 1:53 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Wow. Elostirion has started something, and you're running with it quite well! My faves are the Corrie Highlander, the Oleon priest, the Sea Rat Captain (it's the crossed swords on his back), the Garveyian infantry (love that torso sticker), and all three ESL figs. And what is the Myzec priestess holding? Great write-ups for all is well.

Now I have to work on a contribution to this theme this weekend!

Thank you Capt Wolf, the priestess has got a BrickForge Tribal Sword. The write ups got a bit rushed - looking back they are full of errors! Would love to see a series from you - your figure combos are some of my favourite here!

On 05/10/2017 at 2:07 PM, Mesabi said:

Great Figbarf @Ayrlego Did the two of you coordinate, or were you just inspired?

Thanks Mesabi, just inspired. As for a WTC marine - two issues 1. I don't have any of their torsos! and 2. I only had three spots for Corrie figs. I reckon I could easily do a whole Corlander CMF series - if so then your marines may get a spot!

19 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Very cool series Ayrlego!  My favorites are probably the Eslandian baron, the Sea Rat Captain (the lime feather works so surprisingly well!) and the Garvey soldier!  :thumbup:  Really quick work on getting this out here!  Looking forward to seeing who keeps the ball rolling from here!

Thanks Kai! I recently (finally) got two lime feathers - I'm finding them surprisingly handy!

5 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Thank you Capt Wolf, the priestess has got a BrickForge Tribal Sword.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

5 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Would love to see a series from you - your figure combos are some of my favourite here!

Thank you! And already working on it! :wink:  Strangely, I'm having the most trouble with the ESL figs; I don't want to repeat what you and Elos have done.

Another great series, Ayrlego - happy you took a crack at this (I know how much you love a figbarf, so I can't say I'm surprised :pir-wink:) - as always, I really like your figs.

My favourites are the three national soldiers and the smuggler.

The corlander highland brigadier, Myzec apprentice Priestess and the Eslandolan assassin are very nice. The Eslandolan merchant baron is pure gold. Mmmmm goooold....

Wow!! This is the best CMF lineup ever crafted! :wub: Where can I buy it?! :excited:

It's a dream for me. Too bad it ain't happening... I'd buy 4 or 5 whole boxes, no "finger test" required.

They're so good I can't pick a favorite. Maybe the Musketeer, or Merchant Baron, or Naval Officer...

Least favorite is the assassin. Nothing wrong with the design, I just can't quite imagine a woman doing that job. And the priest might benefit from a "legal" connection on his staff... switch it all to gold, and maybe put a telescope piece or lightsaber hilt in place of the Technic pin?

Excellent work. Fantabulistico!! *clapclapclap*

4 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

And the priest might benefit from a "legal" connection on his staff... switch it all to gold, and maybe put a telescope piece or lightsaber hilt in place of the Technic pin?

Thanks Captain Dee,

Funny you should mention this..... I had a Bricklink order arrive today with those exact pieces to fix this!!!

36940025934_ae5dc6b8c0_z.jpg

2 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Thanks Captain Dee,

Funny you should mention this..... I had a Bricklink order arrive today with those exact pieces to fix this!!!

What a coincidence. And it certainly looks better this way. :thumbup: