Jim

[PRESS RELEASE] 75192 - UCS Millennium Falcon 2017

Just now, Tavis75 said:

Actually it was, local motorway was closed due to an accident so traffic was as busy as S@H!.

Oh man, sorry to hear that! But hey, you've got a falcon coming now and that's all that matters :classic:

1 minute ago, roadstermatt said:

I read somewhere that the Black card will be given to all falcon buyers at least for the next couple of months if not the end of the year

I hope so.

Apparently it's "until stocks run out" though so I guess it would depend on how many orders they got this morning

Just now, ElectroDiva said:

I hope so.

Apparently it's "until stocks run out" though so I guess it would depend on how many orders they got this morning

Based on people's order numbers on the brickset forums we can guess that it was upwards of 3400 before the site crashed. That's a lot of falcons!

Also, the product page no longer says "Will ship by October 1," it now says "Will ship in 30 days." Only a matter of time before it sells out now.

Just now, ElectroDiva said:

I hope so.

Meant to be 20,000 of the cards so doubt they are all gone already.

I never managed to get on to the site order one, silly me I trusted the 7:30am time they posted but seeing as they went live at 7am by the time I tried to log in the site was already pretty broken, took over an hour until I was even able to log in but still couldn't browse any of the themes or search for the Falcon and by then it was already on backorder.

Edited by Andyperkins

Just now, Boba-Fett-13 said:

so does in warehouse mean you got one? 

Normally yes. It means the stock for your order is in the warehouse and is being sorted for shipping.

Just now, Robianco said:

It's now showing as Sold Out to me on S@H

Same. If I check the site in another browser not logged in it still says Coming Soon on 1 October.

Is the stock that is Sold Out, just the early numbers for VIP access? 

Just now, Robianco said:

It's now showing as Sold Out to me on S@H

Sold out in 2 hours ! Should have been restricted to 1 each instead of 3. 

My one is in the warehouse somewhere.

Just now, kiwiatlarge said:

Same. If I check the site in another browser not logged in it still says Coming Soon on 1 October.

Is the stock that is Sold Out, just the early numbers for VIP access? 

I'm not sure how they handle the stock distribution. I would imagine once it got to a certain point they'd have to slow the VIP purchase down as you can't have a launch date on 1st October if you then have nothing to sell to the general public (I know VIP cards can be acquired at time of purchase anyway but you know what I mean).

Just now, Scoobaru303 said:

Same here. I still hope that they make enough and people are patient so that those who picked up three are stuck with them for a while.

12 minutes ago, Scoobaru303 said:

Or alternatively, for multiple orders during a VIP sales window, they should really only ship out 1 immediately if the stock is going to run out - put the rest on back order.

They could then fulfill more orders and keep more of their customers happy

Edited by ElectroDiva

I managed to order one before the site went into a coma, but my credit card hasn't been touched yet.

The order status however says "in the warehouse".

Is this strange? With all the panicky clicking-about I'm not sure if I entered my credit card info correctly :wacko:

25 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

@Robianco did you manage to pick one up bud?

At 7.15 this morning! ;)

My car died last night so any plans to head to a store got put on hold as I had to drop my wife off at work then daughter at school... so I just went with the online option.

11 minutes ago, TGP said:

I managed to order one before the site went into a coma, but my credit card hasn't been touched yet.

The order status however says "in the warehouse".

Is this strange? With all the panicky clicking-about I'm not sure if I entered my credit card info correctly :wacko:

I've not had email confirmation yet but that always takes a while. My order actually states that they won't take payment until it's ready to ship. If they have an issue taking payment they'll contact you (or they should).

Serious questions need to be asked as to how they managed to misjudge demand so badly. Already out of stock two weeks before the offical release date when VIPs could order three sets if they were quick enough? It's almost like they wanted to feed resellers :wacko:

Watford (UK) had 16 this morning all gone before the store opened as people were queuing from 6.40. I was one of the lucky ones that got one. They had at least 4 disappointed customers that were told they would have to wait for the next lot of stock which is due in next week.

Online people are offering sets for retail price, but with 850 VIP points that is still a scam. TLG should have had a 1 only restriction.

11 minutes ago, blurrkup said:

Watford (UK) had 16 this morning all gone before the store opened as people were queuing from 6.40. I was one of the lucky ones that got one. They had at least 4 disappointed customers that were told they would have to wait for the next lot of stock which is due in next week.

Can someone post the parts list???

Edited by merman

Pretty disappointed I woke up early on the 13th 4.30AM for the Apple announcement, went to work, and then stayed up late till midnight waiting for the MF pre-order access which didn't eventuate, I gave up at 2AM, then I woke up early at 6AM incase they released them in the morning on the 14th, and nothing kept refreshing till 8.20AM gave up as I had to go to work.  Imagine my disappointment when I logged in at 8pm and found its all gone, temporarily out of stock!..

I missed out, I find it annoying that they didn't explain anywhere the exact date/time the pre-order will go up here in NZ.  There's no Lego stores here, and the other toy stores don't get it in retail till 2018.  So my only option is Lego online shop.

Edited by jabz10