I have split the Volvo into a new topic.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

I have split the Volvo into a new topic.

Yeah, that explains my random expression of sheer joy on the previous page. :laugh:

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Yeah, that explains my random expression of sheer joy on the previous page. :laugh:

Hehe I’m on my phone, so I’m not so quick in merging your reply. I’ll leave that here :wink: 

Not exactly Technic but a remotely controlled set with app control so there has to be some sort of PF 2.0 parts in it. Based on the image there's no real steering, seems to be really simple for the price. More images here

lego-76112-superheroes-batmobil3.jpg

That must be the RC Batman vehicle which has been discussed somewhere earlier. Boost like?

Yes, that’s what I meant.

20 minutes ago, Jim said:

That must be the RC Batman vehicle which has been discussed somewhere earlier. Boost like?

That's it. Apparently this is part of a new platform called "Powered Up", Brother's Brick has the full press release about it. Some interesting parts:

Leveraging the power elements and coding language developed for last year’s award-winning build and code toolkit, LEGO BOOST, and other LEGO connected toys, Powered Up enabled sets give kids the ability to modify and personalize their experiences by adding dynamic motion control and in some instances simple coding. Powered Up LEGO sets will range from simply powered to remote controlled to smart device connected, creating endless customized play possibilities. Some building sets will ship with Powered Up capabilities included in the box, while others will be Powered Up-enabled, giving kids the option to add power features to their creations if they are interested.

Additional Powered Up sets launching in 2018 include the LEGO City Passenger Train and LEGO City Cargo Train, which add simple remote-control functionality to classic LEGO building. The LEGO DUPLO® Steam Train and LEGO DUPLO Cargo Train introduce kids as young as 2 years old to cause and effect play, a pre-cursor to coding, with low-tech brick accessories that utilize sensors and color-coded train track elements.

This seems to be very interesting, having a platform that shares the elements and the controls across different themes and ages. I wonder if it means that all of these sets can be controlled and programmed via the Boost app.

Bad idea, boost app is tablet only.

The Powered Up App works on phones and tablets running iOS 8.0 and up or Android 5.0 and up.

Edited by Timoonn

Yess, pictures! Thanks @Bartybum

Forklift = cool.

Edited by agrof

8 hours ago, Timoonn said:

Bad idea, boost app is tablet only.

Boost also works on phones nowadays.

Images of 42079, 42080, 42081, and 42082

Credit Photos to From Bricks to Bothans (FBTB) right here :

42082_Prod.jpg

42079_Prod.jpg

42080_Prod.jpg

42081_Prod.jpg

Edited by Xsquilax

On 1.2.2018 at 12:58 PM, efferman said:

so it looks more like this?

39988316122_6d3aaabcd6_h.jpg

Looking at the pictures of 42080 I have to admit: efferman's 3D sketch is very close to the actual design of the new Pneumatic valve

yes only pin holes are about 2 studs lower and it looks like hoses are attached at the side and not at the top or bottom, but it could be at the top. Problem is only that I do not clearly see where is valve switch

Edited by I_Igor

Topic for the forklift.

15 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

The Forest Harvester actually has DBG hubs! Cool.

I don't think so. Compare the hub color with the pieces under the red toolbox. The hubs look much closer to the LBG stairs than the DBG connector.

19 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

yes only pin holes are about 2 studs lower and it looks like hoses are attached at the side and not at the top or bottom, but it could be at the top. Problem is only that I do not clearly see where is valve switch

I think it's a shame the hose attachments are at the side. I'd love it if the valve switch is actually an axle hole + 2l axle so that you can remove the valve axle if you use a coaxial axle to control the valve. But that doesn't seem possible in 1l width.

Just now, zweihander said:

I don't think so. Compare the hub color with the pieces under the red toolbox. The hubs look much closer to the LBG stairs than the DBG connector.

I've already corrected my observations above. They're metallic silver.

Just now, zweihander said:

I think it's a shame the hose attachments are at the side. I'd love it if the valve switch is actually an axle hole + 2l axle so that you can remove the valve axle if you use a coaxial axle to control the valve. But that doesn't seem possible in 1l width.

I hope I'm wrong, but soon we will know better. Idea with both pneumatic switch lever (axle)and axle hole is better way because by rotating axle that goes through axle hole you can have continuous opening / closing valve, principle which is used on Hydrostatic CVT...