Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

5 sets is fantastic, in my opinion! I think I'm just utterly grateful that any sets are happening at all. Harry Potter has never hugely waned in popularity (if anything, it seems almost as popular as it's ever been), but the fact remains that the last book came out 10 years ago, and the film series ended 6 years ago. It's a testament to how much Harry Potter has persevered that LEGO is even considering making anything; if it weren't such a potent franchise, LEGO wouldn't make a single set more for it.

I think with that in mind, we should just be really grateful that we're getting a new round of sets at all. It's also wonderful for anyone who missed out on the original runs of sets. :classic:

My guess as to what the sets will be:

- Hogwarts Castle (either D2C or a regular large set).

- Hogwarts Express

- Hagrid's Hut

- MACUSA Headquarters

- Not sure? Probably a Grindelwald vs Dumbledore fight in some capacity.

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Good and bad news

bad news the Harry Potter sets are blacked out 

good news we are getting 5 Sets total. 3 Harry Potter 2 fantastic beasts 

Good to see the HP theme back again. Can't wait to see the sets.

Any news about the CMF series or was just a rumor?

I just hope that these two Fantastic Beasts sets come with some worthwhile minifigures we can repurpose for some 1920's, prohibition era citizens.

5 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Awesome to hear how many we’re getting! I’m quite happy with 5 as I’m already buying so much in 2018 due to Infinity War, Fallen Kingdom, and other super heroes stuff. So happy that we’re getting a couple FB sets! Can we estimate prices based on box sizes? I’m assuming the rumored D2C wasn’t shown. 

Ditto. At least the rest of my LEGO buying won’t suffer too much due to the amount of HP sets. 

This is exciting! I was hoping for more than 5, but if this kicks off more than 2 waves like we got last time, I'm all for it! Just please give us Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff torsos :cry_sad: I also am really hoping we get Queenie in some form as well as some really nice brickbuilt or molded fantastic beasts. 

6 hours ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

5 sets is fantastic, in my opinion! I think I'm just utterly grateful that any sets are happening at all. Harry Potter has never hugely waned in popularity (if anything, it seems almost as popular as it's ever been), but the fact remains that the last book came out 10 years ago, and the film series ended 6 years ago. It's a testament to how much Harry Potter has persevered that LEGO is even considering making anything; if it weren't such a potent franchise, LEGO wouldn't make a single set more for it.

I think with that in mind, we should just be really grateful that we're getting a new round of sets at all. It's also wonderful for anyone who missed out on the original runs of sets. :classic:

- Hogwarts Express

- Hagrid's Hut

- MACUSA Headquarters

The new movie is set in Europe and I didn’t think MACUSA was returning. However, I would love a set of their headquarters (and also the Ministry of Magic). 

6 hours ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

- Hogwarts Express

- Hagrid's Hut

- MACUSA Headquarters

The new movie is set in Europe and I didn’t think MACUSA was returning. However, I would love a set of their headquarters (and also the Ministry of Magic). 

5 hours ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

WHERE CAN I FIND THE PICTURES?!?

Not publicly. Go away.

3 hours ago, Azani said:

Not publicly. Go away.

Be nice. Just asking a question. Seemed to me that I missed something so just wanted to ask. No need to act like a jerk.

21 hours ago, Brick Wizard001 said:

WHERE CAN I FIND THE PICTURES?!?

Please don't write with Caps Lock on. Thanks.

16 hours ago, Azani said:

Go away.

Please don't talk to other members like that. If you have a problem with their post, use the report button. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Milan said:

Please don't write with Caps Lock on. Thanks.

Please don't talk to other members like that. If you have a problem with their post, use the report button. Thanks.

Yeah; my mistake. Apologies for that, @Brick Wizard001

On 23.12.2017 at 4:20 AM, Ultron said:

This is exciting! I was hoping for more than 5, but if this kicks off more than 2 waves like we got last time, I'm all for it! Just please give us Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff torsos :cry_sad: I also am really hoping we get Queenie in some form as well as some really nice brickbuilt or molded fantastic beasts. 

Well if we are lucky we may get a D2C and CMFseries in addition to the normal sets.. If they sell like hot cakes, I see no reason why we wont see wave after wave washing upon the lego beach in the years to come :sweet:

On 24/12/2017 at 8:15 AM, Roebuck said:

Well if we are lucky we may get a D2C and CMFseries in addition to the normal sets.. If they sell like hot cakes, I see no reason why we wont see wave after wave washing upon the lego beach in the years to come :sweet:

I thought the D2C & CMF series was confirmed? 

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

I thought the D2C & CMF series was confirmed? 

Not the D2C, the CMF closer but still no cigar as far as I know :wacko:

Hi, i found this on another website: true or false, i don't know:

Fall Wave : September

D2C set - 71043 {??? Hogwarts Castle TBA ???}

Set 1 : {? TBA Harry Potter set ?}

Set 2 : {? TBA Harry Potter set ?}

Set 3 : {? TBA Harry Potter set ?}

Set 4 : {? TBA Fantastic Beasts set ?}

Set 5 : {? TBA Fantastic Beasts set ?}

Rumored J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World Collectable Minifigures Series (August 2018 Release?) - $3.99 Each

2 hours ago, Black Numenorean said:

Hi, i found this on another website: true or false, i don't know:

That seems to be just a list of all the rumors from this forum 

We do not know the price or piece count in the sets right?!

Maybe they they will not make a small set with 3-4 figs this time since there likely is a CMF accompanying the sets..

Just now, Roebuck said:

Maybe they they will not make a small set with 3-4 figs this time since there likely is a CMF accompanying the sets..

Hopefully the 2 FB sets are the smallest, with the 3 HP sets being with atleast a 500 piece count.

6 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I’m 99 % sure we are getting remakes for the Harry Potter sets 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m 99 % sure we are getting remakes for the Harry Potter sets 

Makes sense. Most of the locations from the HP books / films were already made into sets; Hogwarts Castle, the Hogwarts Express, Diagon Alley... any new sets are likely to be remakes to some degree. So long as we get a good range of characters and creatures, I'll be happy!

Some fans seem to think there's new trains coming in the City line this summer; any chance you've heard if we might get a new motorised Hogwarts Express?

I'm looking forwards to the Fantastic Beasts sets the most. I like Newt and Tina and Queenie a lot more than the original HP cast. 

That said, it's possible that Hogwarts Castle will be a setting in the new FB movie; so maybe they'll do something like the UCS Mega-Falcon, and include characters from both eras? We could see Newt and Harry, and maybe two separate versions of Dumbledore, standing shoulder to shoulder! :)

2 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

I'm looking forwards to the Fantastic Beasts sets the most. I like Newt and Tina and Queenie a lot more than the original HP cast. 

That said, it's possible that Hogwarts Castle will be a setting in the new FB movie; so maybe they'll do something like the UCS Mega-Falcon, and include characters from both eras? We could see Newt and Harry, and maybe two separate versions of Dumbledore, standing shoulder to shoulder! :)

1 hour ago, gwigen said:

Just saw a photo from the film showing young dumbledore in a class room at hogwarts.  So the school will be in the film at least a little bit. 

https://heroichollywood.com/new-images-dumbledore-grindelwald-fantastic-beasts/

Yep, it’s been confirmed for a while that Hogwarts will be visited in the new movie. I’m expecting a D2C Hogwarts to go the UCS Falcon route, because that would be the best way to bridge the franchises under the new “Wizarding World” banner these sets will fall under. I’d love to see Newt, Tina, Queenie, Jacob, young Dumbledore, Grindelwald, Voldemort, old Dumbledore, Ron, Hermione, and Harry as the figures in the set along with some teachers from the HP movies. 

I just saw an article on Brick Fanatics that says for Harry Potter we'll get a set with Aragog, one with the Ford Anglia and Whomping Willow, and one with the Great Hall. It also says for Fantastic Beasts we'll get a set in Newt's Suitcase and a set based on COG. I'm not sure how reliable it is though. 

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I just saw an article on Brick Fanatics that says for Harry Potter we'll get a set with Aragog, one with the Ford Anglia and Whomping Willow, and one with the Great Hall. It also says for Fantastic Beasts we'll get a set in Newt's Suitcase and a set based on COG. I'm not sure how reliable it is though. 

=>

he Wizarding World of Harry Potter will return to the LEGO portfolio in 2018, with a few rumours about the sets now available.

Brick Fanatics has received a little information about the LEGO Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme that is launching in 2018. Ahead of the release of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, a new LEGO theme is due to launch, expected in September.

The rumoured sets based on the original Harry Potter series are:

• Aragog with Harry Potter and Ron Weasley
  • Flying Ford Anglia with Weeping Willow
  • Hogwarts Great Hall

Weeping Willow, good idea!

I hope Hogwart with students from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw!