Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

I’m thinking we won’t see any HP until the second half of the year. Mostly because we’ve seen pictures for practically everything but HP(unless I just missed them...).

It's definitely a 2HY release. June at the very earliest.

On 12/10/2017 at 8:10 PM, jdubbs said:

There has been no confirmation of a Harry Potter CMF series, let alone when it might appear. The CMF series following the second Batman series is supposedly birthday-themed, due in the spring.

Depends on your definition of "confirmed."  No official confirmation, but at least a couple of reputable people have stated that there will be a Wizarding World CMF series in 2018.  So the line-up next year will be LEGO Batman 2nd series, Anniversary theme, then Wizarding World.

I think the only things that have actually been confirmed are that there will be Sets with Harry Potter himself in the second half of 2018. There have been strong hints that there will be a D2C and a minifigure line to go along with the sets

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I think the only things that have actually been confirmed are that there will be Sets with Harry Potter himself in the second half of 2018. There have been strong hints that there will be a D2C and a minifigure line to go along with the sets

No, Sir von Lego originally stated that we will for sure be getting a CMF series. The sets were confirmed later. 

4 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

No, Sir von Lego originally stated that we will for sure be getting a CMF series. The sets were confirmed later. 

Take a look at the first page of this thread. Sir von Lego is quoted saying HP and Jurassic Whatever sets are coming, and Robert8 adds that (according to AmazingBricks) an HP CMF series is coming. After which Sir von Lego says:

On 8/21/2017 at 3:20 PM, Sir von Lego said:

I didn't say anything about a CM series. Don't know anything about it, but could happen if course.

Followed by some back-and-forth about how reliable AmazingBricks is, and pages and pages of wishing, hoping and praying. More recently:

On 11/14/2017 at 2:19 PM, Sir von Lego said:

We will get the second Batman Series in January and a birthday themed one with 17 minifigures in April/ May.

so HP should be the autumn one, IF it is happening. Didn't see any pictures of HP collectible series, so I cannot confirm nor deny.

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

Take a look at the first page of this thread. Sir von Lego is quoted saying HP and Jurassic Whatever sets are coming, and Robert8 adds that (according to AmazingBricks) an HP CMF series is coming. After which Sir von Lego says:

Followed by some back-and-forth about how reliable AmazingBricks is, and pages and pages of wishing, hoping and praying. More recently:

Sorry, I meant to say that rob-ot5000 is the one who seemingly confirmed the CMF series back in August. I must have misremembered it as being Sir von Lego. 

16 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

rob-ot5000 is the one who seemingly confirmed the CMF series back in August.

rob-ot5000 is reliable.  When he has information, it tends to be true.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I think that the new power blasts might be used as spells.

Not sure about that... most of them are designed to be inserted into an open stud or clip, meaning they would not be able to attach directly to wands (unless Lego were radically changing how wands were represented in the theme).

There's also the fact that so far, those power blast parts seem to primarily come as a multi-pack... though of course, CMF parts often use different molds than the ones for regular sets, meaning that even though the full set is most likely molded together in the sets we've seen so far, it's possible that the CMFs could use separate, individual molds so as to only include the required parts.

Edited by Lyichir

Which new power blasts? Did you mean the lightning shaped ones used by Black Vulcan in The LEGO Batman Movie CMF series? The new flame-like bursts from the new DC Comics sets (i.e. the flames bursting out of Batman's glider in this set)? Or did you mean this part?

4 hours ago, TAFOL said:

Which new power blasts? Did you mean the lightning shaped ones used by Black Vulcan in The LEGO Batman Movie CMF series? The new flame-like bursts from the new DC Comics sets (i.e. the flames bursting out of Batman's glider in this set)? Or did you mean this part?

I believe they’re talking about the one’s like in next years Killer Frost set.

On 20/12/2017 at 3:10 AM, Vindicare said:

I believe they’re talking about the one’s like in next years Killer Frost set.

Yeah they were what I meant.

On 19/12/2017 at 7:15 PM, Lyichir said:

meaning they would not be able to attach directly to wands (unless Lego were radically changing how wands were represented in the theme).

They could just use a one 1x1 cone to attach them to the wands, and I was thinking about the sets not the CMF.

5 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Yeah they were what I meant.

They could just use a one 1x1 cone to attach them to the wands, and I was thinking about the sets not the CMF.

As seen in the review video the power blasts fit onto the stud with bar, meaning that they can be handheld. If they have the recess for a stud, they might very well have a recess for a bar. Ergo they might well be able to fit onto the wands.

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

We may see set images soon! @Aegis2000 over on the Marvel 2018 thread said he has word from someone “who plans to release Infinity War and Harry Potter” set images!!

They might be burry but we will have an idea of how many sets we might get 

10 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

We may see set images soon! @Aegis2000 over on the Marvel 2018 thread said he has word from someone “who plans to release Infinity War and Harry Potter” set images!!

An early Christmas gift:excited::drool::laugh: I think it will be pretty easy to see if we get things like Hogwarts, Hogwarts Express and the knight bus. Only the minifigures will remain a mystery. These are going to be long hours/days/weeks, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Didn't expect anything until March tbh.

Almost certainly adding the three HP sets to my to buy list! Hope the FB ones are good for people who want them too :)

Awesome to hear how many we’re getting! I’m quite happy with 5 as I’m already buying so much in 2018 due to Infinity War, Fallen Kingdom, and other super heroes stuff. So happy that we’re getting a couple FB sets! Can we estimate prices based on box sizes? I’m assuming the rumored D2C wasn’t shown. 

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Good and bad news

bad news the Harry Potter sets are blacked out 

good news we are getting 5 Sets total. 3 Harry Potter 2 fantastic beasts 

Howcan you know that? Did you see fantastic beast sets?

Just now, LOTR34 said:

Well this is damn shame.Do we at least know when the sets will come out?

They’re said to be fall releases, and with Crimes of Grindelwald releasing in November I’d say the sets will release in August. November movie sets usually have August 1st releases (Doctor Strange, Thor: Ragnarok, Justice League). 

11 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

They’re said to be fall releases, and with Crimes of Grindelwald releasing in November I’d say the sets will release in August. November movie sets usually have August 1st releases (Doctor Strange, Thor: Ragnarok, Justice League). 

Originally I was expecting the HP sets to release separately from the FB sets but now knowing the amount of sets we're getting I guess them releasing at the same time makes sense.