Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Why does it seem like there is such a belief that Harry Potter either isn’t getting a second wave or a small second wave? 

Edited by Falconfan1414

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Why does it seem like there is such a belief that Harry Potter either isn’t getting a second wave or a small second wave? 

I’m wondering this too. I think if there’s a winter wave it will be smaller than the summer wave as winter waves typically are. But then there should be another big summer/fall wave. And I think this theme has at least three years in it

If that microscale Diagon Alley turns out to be a promo/GWP then that is a pretty impressive set! If not, then meh. I still believe they will release a new full minifig scale Diagon Alley at some point. The previous one is gorgeous. I can only imagine what higher piece count, newer parts and newer ‘official’ building techniques will do! Also, the inclusion of Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes would add so much life, colour and character to a new version. 

55 minutes ago, eliminator said:

So, for the eagle-eyes out there, does this Diagon Alley micro appear to be the same scale as Hogwarts micro?

I noticed the set uses the same light poles that the Hogwarts micro uses, I’m not good with scales, but it appears to be the same.

Edited by LordVoldemort

39 minutes ago, LordVoldemort said:

I noticed the set uses the same light poles that the Hogwarts micro uses, I’m not good with scales, but it appears to be the same.

This Diagon Alley set is actually good news even for those who don't like microscale?.Why? Because this set is so small, everything they make microscale appears to fall into the same scale as Hogwarts. Those worrying any large Harry Potter D2C sets would all be microscale hopefully will be comforted by that fact...there are few (if any) things in the HP universe that would even be close to the size of Hogwarts. I really feel like there are two lines... the system scale line and the microscale line, and a release in one doesn't mean no release in the other. We have a microscale Hogwarts, and we have a buildable Hogwarts released over time. We now have a microscale Diagon Alley coming, and I'm sure a system scale one will come in time, too. 

Going back a bit I think an advent calendar would be great for the line, they could continue the micro scale line with small builds that fit in to the d2c hogwarts like the quidditch pitch, brick-built beasts and other building from diagon alley (as well as microfigs). 

Personally I’m very hopeful and expectant for this line to continue, I do think that TLG may have been unsure about it at first (given the vast assortment of characters we got even though there weren’t any sets from the later movies to tie them into) but I believe that given the large sales for this wave we can almost certainly expect more sets in the near future)

Personally id love a new Minifig scale Diagon Alley, a new Horntail, more add-ons to hogwarts (POA Clock-Tower, Astronomy Tower etc), Hagrids Hut, Chamber of secrets (unlikely as it may be) and of course a series 2 of CMF’s. :D

I know that those with the original Diagon Alley set will want new buildings in an eventual minifig scale set, and I hope that would be the case, but I also really really hope that they rerelease the wand shop because that building is simply gorgeous!! Wouldn’t it be wonderful if they released one or two buildings per year that all clipped together like they are doing for Hogwarts?

I just noticed there are not microfigures in this set. There is only one in Gringotts but it's a statue not a character. 

What an odd set 

Well that didn't take long. Probably the single best relaunch of a theme I've ever seen with some of the most cost effective and figure laden sets Lego have produced in recent years. New moulds all over the place and fan favourite figures in abundance all in a first wave. A huge, detailed Hogwarts to work as a display piece to work alongside it and then one promo microscale set of Diagon Alley and the moaning starts. It's a small promo set. That's it. If Lego are going to continue HP then their planning will be longer than this. A second wave is probably already planned in and sets developed but the success of the waves and the continued popularity of HP may very well cement the idea of a continued HP theme going forward. That will mean lots of opportunity for scenes and characters throughout the books. They even created different size articulated legs so they can have characters at different stages of their development. This set doesn't mean no Diagon Alley will ever appear... it just means you're not getting a mini figure system scale set of it right now... in the first wave.

And the HP giveaway at Smyths is probably going to be the wand build or the polybag with Harry... certainly not the Bricktober set or this DA set.

I personally love the micro scale way they are going. Its the only real sensible way to capture most of the iconic scenes and structures. I think its a brave and wise choice from the lego designers to choose to make a hogwarts castle in this scale, and try to avoid the lack of depth and massiveness in the previous models. It adds more to the display value i think. Price is surely still up there, and i most likely won't get it anyway, since i have absolutely no need for more tan bricks.. 

Could have done without the micro figs to stay more in proper scale illusion, but that wouldn't seem likely to happen, and i guess the micro figs are kinda adorable in their own way

Back of the DA box confirms the shops are L-R Gringottts, Ollivanders, Florish and Blotts, Quality Quidditch Supplies and Weasleys Wizard Wheezes .

11 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Are we expecting more sets to add on to two Hogwarts set’s we got this summer then?

Yes!

8 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Do not understand it either :hmpf: Almost guaranteed that we will get a full wave of HP 3-4 and FB in 2019 or 2020! Lego have already designed the sets or are well on the way for wave 2.. Wave 3 on the other hand are probably more influenced by sale of the first wave! Since wave 1 looks to be selling like crazy I guess they will green light wave 3 soon :wink: People expecting the next wave already this winter is most likely disappointed, I expect it next summer at the earliest..

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

Well that didn't take long. Probably the single best relaunch of a theme I've ever seen with some of the most cost effective and figure laden sets Lego have produced in recent years. New moulds all over the place and fan favourite figures in abundance all in a first wave. A huge, detailed Hogwarts to work as a display piece to work alongside it and then one promo microscale set of Diagon Alley and the moaning starts. It's a small promo set. That's it. If Lego are going to continue HP then their planning will be longer than this. A second wave is probably already planned in and sets developed but the success of the waves and the continued popularity of HP may very well cement the idea of a continued HP theme going forward. That will mean lots of opportunity for scenes and characters throughout the books. They even created different size articulated legs so they can have characters at different stages of their development. This set doesn't mean no Diagon Alley will ever appear... it just means you're not getting a mini figure system scale set of it right now... in the first wave.

And the HP giveaway at Smyths is probably going to be the wand build or the polybag with Harry... certainly not the Bricktober set or this DA set.

I agree, it is only a promo set and do not mean anything to future releases.. If anything it reduces the chance of a future Diagon Alley being micro-scale :laugh:

6 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

Promo set with the face of Fred/Georges Weasley.

I hope that is not the only way to get them...

It‘s Robins face and I‘m 100% sure we‘re getting them next year

Edited by topiku

According to Brickset, someone has found the microscale Diagon Alley to buy at a certified Lego Store in Slovenia. So does that mean it isn't going to be a promo? I remember when pictures of the new small Lego Store set leaked people thought it would be a promo for a £100+ purchase, but it actually turned out it was just a product to buy. Could this be the same?

Edited by BacktoBricks

For the Dutch people among us, the Bricktober packs will be available at ToysRUs at a yet unknown date in time. (Could be out soon, could be out late, so stay tuned)

21 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

For the Dutch people among us, the Bricktober packs will be available at ToysRUs at a yet unknown date in time. (Could be out soon, could be out late, so stay tuned)

Where did you hear it? I'm still waiting on a response via Email from TRU and was planning on calling them if i hadn't heard anything at the end of the day.

I sent a message to my local TRU asking about this and they said they have no information on it whatsoever. I'm worried.

35 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

According to Brickset, someone has found the microscale Diagon Alley to buy at a certified Lego Store in Slovenia. So does that mean it isn't going to be a promo? I remember when pictures of the new small Lego Store set leaked people thought it would be a promo for a £100+ purchase, but it actually turned out it was just a product to buy. Could this be the same?

Yes, probably the same thing! It is not normal that promos are for sale before they are a promo (maybe sometimes after the promo if they still have a lot in stock), so just a set that can be bought probably in Lego shops and shop@home.. It is going to be a expensive fig if I must buy a set I do not really want to get it :wacko:

A little of topic, but I've been wondering ever since I've seen the wand piece. Does it work as a walking cane? I have little interest in Harry potter, but if it works, then I'll need some wands.

9 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, probably the same thing! It is not normal that promos are for sale before they are a promo (maybe sometimes after the promo if they still have a lot in stock), so just a set that can be bought probably in Lego shops and shop@home.. It is going to be a expensive fig if I must buy a set I do not really want to get it :wacko:

My thoughts exactly; I want the minifigure, but not the set. I have no interest in microscale (not saying it's a bad thing just my personal preference). It seems like many people want the figure, but not the whole set from what I've read on here and Brickset. I bet if people sell the figure on its own though it will cost all most as much as the set so will be forced to buy the set either way.

Edited by BacktoBricks

1 minute ago, NetherCreeper said:

A little of topic, but I've been wondering ever since I've seen the wand piece. Does it work as a walking cane? I have little interest in Harry potter, but if it works, then I'll need some wands.

Bit too short for that.

31 minutes ago, dinges44 said:

Where did you hear it? I'm still waiting on a response via Email from TRU and was planning on calling them if i hadn't heard anything at the end of the day.

I also send a mail and its reaction was roughly translated: "The sale for the Bricktober packs will also happen in the Netherlands. You should subscribe to the newsletter to make sure not to miss it." So I assume we'll get an newsletter in an email that shows when each pack will be available similar to last year.