Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

52 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

From the video:

"Price & availability info was not out as of the time of the recording of this video. The first batch of these were given out as promotional items and I bought mine secondhand."

He must have secondhand contacts. Haven’t seen this on Bricklink. He is The Jang after all so i am not surprized that got one. I wouldn’t mind one if they hit the secondary market.

Just now, DungeonsAndFlagons said:

He must have secondhand contacts. Haven’t seen this on Bricklink. He is The Jang after all so i am not surprized that got one. I wouldn’t mind one if they hit the secondary market.

There are several on eBay for $15. 

Where do you preorder a case in the US? Bricklink?  I have been unable to find a place to do so.

I was bored so I took apart my Great Hall and Whomping Willow sets and built them again. Fantastic builds, I love them, I’m so excited for a big Hogwarts Castle build with the D2C, microscale or not

Im surprised to see the CMFs arent out yet.

With the mentioned shortage of Series 18, one might think they would push up the release of this wave

10 hours ago, Grover said:

Where do you preorder a case in the US? Bricklink?  I have been unable to find a place to do so.

Preorders aren't allowed on BL and they won't be added to the catalog until closer (or even after) release day.  Search "Lego Harry Potter series" on ebay and you will find some.  $236 for a box.  

10 minutes ago, teos said:

Preorders aren't allowed on BL and they won't be added to the catalog until closer (or even after) release day.  Search "Lego Harry Potter series" on ebay and you will find some.  $236 for a box.  

Thanks!  I hadn't thought e-bay could pre-order.

If this box is anything to go by, the chase fig is in the same spot as the policeman (some difference, but 1-5 from the back in the left row) so makes it easy to find especially if it is a unopened box :wink:
Happy hunting :yoda:

47 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

If this box is anything to go by, the chase fig is in the same spot as the policeman (some difference, but 1-5 from the back in the left row) so makes it easy to find especially if it is a unopened box :wink:

Excellent. I hear this didn’t help much in America, but here in the U.K. I’ve found 7 policeman whilst casually feeling packets, should be fairly easy to get Graves

One thing really irritates me about Harry Potter set - legs sizes.

Harry, Ron and Hermione get short legs for 1-3. They get medium for 4-6(?), but Neville gets medium legs for year 2? In same CMF, Draco (year 2) gets short legs, but Neville (year 2) gets medium legs. It's irritating.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Harry, Ron and Hermione get short legs for 1-3. They get medium for 4-6(?), but Neville gets medium legs for year 2? In same CMF, Draco (year 2) gets short legs, but Neville (year 2) gets medium legs. It's irritating.

Well the Draco needs the same size legs as the Harry in the Quidditch set to go along with Harry or else on would be bigger than the other

Edited by Duffyoran

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well Harry, Ron and Hermione in the CMF are year 3, which confuses things furher 

12 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Well Harry, Ron and Hermione in the CMF are year 3, which confuses things furher 

It's weird, beacuse Harry is 4, Ron is 3 and Hermione can be both.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

All three of them are meant to be year 3, even though Harry looks more like year 4

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It’s definately the hair on Harry that makes him look like 4, but the costume leans more toward 3. Can be either really though. Ron is definately 4, and I’m inclined to see Hermione as 3 because that’s the film that introduced Crookshanks

I hope all future year 3 student minifigures will use medium legs. Both the hairstyles and the legs of the minifigs in the Hogwarts Express set just don't look right, and I hope they only chose to use those parts because they wanted the new legs to first debut in the CMF series.

Edited by Graupensuppe

20 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

I hope all future year 3 student minifigures will use medium legs. Both the hairstyles and the legs of the minifigs in the Hogwarts Express set just don't look right, and I hope they only chose to use those parts because they wanted the new legs to first debut in the CMF series.

Honestly, I think they only went with the smaller minifigs in the Express set purely so that they would fit in with the other characters of that wave. I have no doubt that future Azkaban sets will use the new legs and the older aesthetic

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Ron comes with the rat which means he is from PoA.

Ron had Scabbers from the very first time Harry met him on the Hogwarts Express in Year 1.

Just now, Jern92 said:

Ron had Scabbers from the very first time Harry met him on the Hogwarts Express in Year 1.

The point is that he didn’t have him in Year 4, which is what the comment that the reply that you replied to was aimed at was stating, we know he had him in year 1, but him having Scabbers with that hair style proves he’s from film 3

2 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

Like others have said, I think they just used short legs in the Hogwarts Express so that they would fit better with the other sets and to save th medium legs for the CMF. However, although I believe the Harry, Ron, and Hermione CMF are supposed to be from year 3, you can really make them whatever you want, even mix and match parts to fit your vision for each one. Personally, between the 2010-2011 versions, dimensions, and these, I’m trying to make at least one version of the main trio from each movie, so that almost every variant of them is represented 

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Personally, between the 2010-2011 versions, dimensions, and these, I’m trying to make at least one version of the main trio from each movie, so that almost every variant of them is represented 

Yeah I was planning on doing the same thing. I'm glad that young me got the PoA Hogwarts Express  (didn't even know I had it until last year) which has the right torsos for Harry and Ron. Just going to switch those with the new Hogwarts Express and that makes a pretty accurate PoA scene. Or I mix them with the CMF figures to make them even more accurate. Don't know any fitting figures for the other movies besides Dimensions Hermione for 7.

13 hours ago, Roebuck said:

*video was here*

I came across an unusual number of fresh S.18 cases, and the cop was always in the area he should be. Hopefully Graves does the likewise.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

With Neville they just wanted to give us plain black medium legs, seems pretty straightforward to me. And, as already explained by others, Malfoy is supposed to fit in with the Quidditch set.

Some of y'all should stop complaining/thinking-to-much about the medium legs in relation to the sets. They just weren't ready when the final set designs were approved and went into production. The CMFS is developed (almost) completely separately and unlike the sets it's made in China.

Edited by Alegrispa

Does anyone else think it likely that the UCS Cloud City and the Harry Potter D2C will be revealed around the same time? Or do you think one will be revealed a few weeks after the other?