Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

I'm not sure I would call them lesser known, both of them were essential to the plot

In terms of desirability for casual fans though, Lockhart isn't at the top of the "definitely need to be included" list. Madeye I could maybe see an argument for.

6 minutes ago, Ultron said:

In terms of desirability for casual fans though, Lockhart isn't at the top of the "definitely need to be included" list.

True

9 hours ago, BigHobbit said:

Maybe Harry, Moaning Myrtle, and the 4 House ghosts from the CMF line plus some kind of exclusive figure?

We will off course get Harry, but I think it is very little chance for the 5 ghost if they are in the CMF :sceptic:

6 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

What's still making me scratch my head is the figures on the Great Hall set.

If it's supposed to connect to D2C Hogwarts, then I imagine that TLG won't want to put too many repeated minifigures between them, but the Great Hall sets basically features all the characters that should appear on Hogwarts Castle, with the exception of Flitwick, Sprout, Luna and Ginny.

I really can't wait for more concrete info.

6 hours ago, Ultron said:

The idea behind so many figs is so that people who can't afford the D2C can still get the important figures. 

6 hours ago, RODDY said:

I think this is because they want to give those who can't afford the UCS the necessary characters in a cheaper way. I also think it might connect to it as well so the UCS makes room for the lesser known figure like the Lockharts and Moody. 

Exactly, most people can afford the "people pack (great hall)", so they are happy with getting most of the familiar figs. On the other hand, people who can afford the D2C will have no problem buying the great hall/CMF to get more figs :wink:

I think I’m just cautious about thing like minifig lists as people are expecting a huge amount of figures and we’re discussing almost 35 figures across two sets in some guesses. If they don’t actually have close to that people could be disappointed in a set they’ve no real reason to be disappointed in, and that would be a shame.

If this harry potter wave would be the only one, i can see them putting a lot of figs in Hogwards as well to cover most of the figs. The big Hogwards will most likely be for sale for a longer period of time so if there will be more waves i think they'll keep the figs at a minimum, so they can spread out figs over other sets. This way they can also easily cover more time spans, like people thought about the cmf based on book 1-3. Unless they do something like the Death Star with all kinda scenes from all movies.

suggestions about minifigs:

I hope and think that TLC will use the same part like that to do the pig tail for Dudley: 18277pb01.png

I hope TLC will use this or a modificated of the thing to create dress for Mcgonagall and stop  using a brick: 

24782.png

And i hope hogwarts coal like a part of the minifies like dementor.

28 minutes ago, Black Numenorean said:

suggestions about minifigs:

I hope and think that TLC will use the same part like that to do the pig tail for Dudley: 18277pb01.png

I hope TLC will use this or a modificated of the thing to create dress for Mcgonagall and stop  using a brick: 

24782.png

And i hope hogwarts coal like a part of the minifies like dementor.

Star Wars is introducing a new dress piece this April to replace the brick.

Am I the only one who wants Dumbledore and Hagrid to look like these 2 (ignore the other figures and lipstick Voldemort)? I believe they're based on the third movie. I just love the use of colour on them. I'm getting kinda sick of the same old Hagrid in a brown  coat and a Dumbledore that barely resembles the movie appearance (I hope for a new hair/hat mold and the Vitruvius beard)Harry+Potter+and+the+Deathly+Hallows+Par

22 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

Just find pictures of the Han Solo sets and they’ll be there

Thanks, it's actually not that different, no? Just less tall it seems. 

10 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Am I the only one who wants Dumbledore and Hagrid to look like these 2 (ignore the other figures and lipstick Voldemort)? I believe they're based on the third movie. I just love the use of colour on them. I'm getting kinda sick of the same old Hagrid in a brown  coat and a Dumbledore that barely resembles the movie appearance (I hope for a new hair/hat mold and the Vitruvius beard)

I SINCERELY hope that the Dumbledore figure is based off the first actor who portrayed him if 99% of the things and figures in this wave are from the first 3 movies (besides Voldemort).

42 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

(I hope for a new hair/hat mold and the Vitruvius beard)

I agree, I've been thinking they should use the Vitruvius beard since i watched the movies again last year

2 hours ago, KristofBD said:

Thanks, it's actually not that different, no? Just less tall it seems. 

It's also curved in the back

4 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Am I the only one who wants Dumbledore and Hagrid to look like these 2 (ignore the other figures and lipstick Voldemort)? I believe they're based on the third movie. I just love the use of colour on them. I'm getting kinda sick of the same old Hagrid in a brown  coat and a Dumbledore that barely resembles the movie appearance (I hope for a new hair/hat mold and the Vitruvius beard)

Personally, I am a Richard Harris' Dumbledore person through and through so I hope that we get at least a CMF of him,

5 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I'm waiting for a new hair mold for Dumbledore with hat and also the Vitruvius beard is perfect!, Maybe a Lucius with a new hair mold? :cry_happy:

I could see them doing something similar to Destiny's Bounty/Temple and Ninjago City: focus on major characters in the retail sets and minor ones + a few main character variants in the D2C set. 

The prospect of Harry Potter figs in 2018 is so wild to me, it was the first series I collected (and the last) so I'll probably collect these too.

I wonder if we'll get a new printing for Harry, Hermione and Ron though considering they just used hte old one in the dimensions packs.

2 hours ago, OneWithTheForce said:

I wonder if we'll get a new printing for Harry, Hermione and Ron though considering they just used hte old one in the dimensions packs.

Hermione was a new design in Dimensions at least, so I wouldn't say that the quality of the DImensions pack will reflect the quality of the upcoming sets/CMF.

And really, with all the improvements in printing/molding since the last run of sets they really should take the time to update things, especially given that they very lazily kept using the same uniform design again and again. Hermione should have skirt printing, every student should have proper looking robes (whether a new piece or just printing) rather than capes. Two decades later they should be able to give us much more accurate designs.