Jim

[TC12] Technic Wacky Wheels Contest - Information Topic

I think I got my idea. I want to do a car, with paddles to move. I was testing a tracked trike, but not to my expectations.

@Jim if your ready with the build you have made, is it then that you place it in the topic that you create for it? Or will there be given a date that you have to post it?

41 minutes ago, JDL1967 said:

@Jim if your ready with the build you have made, is it then that you place it in the topic that you create for it? Or will there be given a date that you have to post it?

Generally you just make a WIP topic, then when the build is finished, you post a comment on the entry topic.

@Jim said:  The first requirement for the vehicle is that it needs to have wheels or treads, since it is a road race!

but it is said in rules it must have tires @Jim??!?

I gave it an opportunity to the contest but I can't do anything, I haven't got enough imagination so I hope at least to learn something.

ENTRY POST

The entry post in this topic needs to contain:

• Entry name 
  • Signature move name

@Jim what do you mean with Signature move name?

24 minutes ago, JDL1967 said:

what do you mean with Signature move name?

I think he means the name of the main wacky function.

The name for a mechanism to block or bump a car behind yours of the track? 

Just now, JDL1967 said:

The name for a mechanism to block or bump a car behind yours of the track? 

I guess so, as long as it's the main (non-drive, non-steering) function.

26 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

I think he means the name of the main wacky function.

Yup.

I have removed it from the list though. If you have cool name for your move, you are welcome to name it. But it's not mandatory.

5 hours ago, JDL1967 said:

Start your personal topic where you can post whatever you want. When you are done, you make one post in the Entry topic. Usually this is just before the deadline date.

If i read all this here, a lot of members will enter this contest. But if i look at the entris untill now, are low. Also not a lot of wip in the topics. On the other hand, it can change in a few days ( witch i hope ) and then we hope to see a lot of wacky builds and the wip of them.

28 minutes ago, JDL1967 said:

If i read all this here, a lot of members will enter this contest. But if i look at the entris untill now, are low. Also not a lot of wip in the topics. On the other hand, it can change in a few days ( witch i hope ) and then we hope to see a lot of wacky builds and the wip of them.

Since this is a contest, a lot of entries are often not posted until they are complete. So there will be (hopefully) many more entries closer to the deadline.

Just now, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Since this is a contest, a lot of entries are often not posted until they are complete. So there will be (hopefully) many more entries closer to the deadline.

O ok, i tought that you have to make wip in your [TC12] topic. I tought that the rules says to show your progress of your build with the wip pictures. I think i have to read the rules again, because what you just sayd it looks like i got them interpreted them totaly wrong..

Edited by JDL1967

8 minutes ago, JDL1967 said:

O ok, i tought that you have to make wip in your [TC12] topic.

You need to make WIP/Discussion topic for your model. You can make it any time you want, as long as it is posted before the deadline.

You also need to make Entry post in the Entry topic with your finished model, also before the deadline.

Just now, Milan said:

You need to make WIP/Discussion topic for your model. You can make it any time you want, as long as it is posted before the deadline.

You also need to make Entry post in the Entry topic with your finished model, also before the deadline.

Ok thanks @Milan so i didend misunderstand it.. a contest is new for me, and still learning to get better in English. So sometimes i do not get it the first time...

Edited by JDL1967

13 hours ago, JDL1967 said:

O ok, i tought that you have to make wip in your [TC12] topic. I tought that the rules says to show your progress of your build with the wip pictures. I think i have to read the rules again, because what you just sayd it looks like i got them interpreted them totaly wrong..

Like Milan said, you can create your very own special [TC12] topic! Looking forward to what you come up with.

13 hours ago, JDL1967 said:

Hopefully we will get some topic soons, because that's part of the fun!

@Jim the first wip are allready in my [TC12] Caterwheelerpillar topic so you can see them there,  but its to hot at this moment to work on it. So when the weather get a bit cooler, i will go on. Then i will also post some new wip..

Edited by JDL1967

12 hours ago, JDL1967 said:

So when the weather get a bit cooler, i will go on. 

Your prayers have been answered. Good luck with going on today :laugh:

Maybe we need a place to track the [TC12] topics.  Any suggestions?

Collect them in the entry topic? Make a separate locked topic? Collect them in the 1st or 2nd post of this topic?

30 minutes ago, Jim said:

Your prayers have been answered. Good luck with going on today :laugh:

Collect them in the entry topic? Make a separate locked topic? Collect them in the 1st or 2nd post of this topic?

Its an idea.. And the weather, it is raining overhere. Maybe tonight i will build i few hours. First work untill about 16:15.

6 hours ago, Jim said:

Pin them? Post the links in this topic?

Edited by Aventador2004

7 hours ago, Jim said:

Probably the best thing would be to link to them from this topic. (like you said)