Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

24 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I would also better allow them to fully use the molds they already have. For instance, there have been both toucan and chameleon molds introduced since the last time there was a jungle sub theme. The former is a South American animal while the latter is mainly found in Africa with some species appearing in Asia and the more tropical climates of Europe. A world tour would let lego use both preexisting molds while a single location wouldn’t. 

Yeah, and LEGO kind of already did that with the 2023 Ocean Explorers, while part of it was certainly inspired by former Arctic theme, they blended both Divers and Arctic here, I mean, Great White ,Hammerhead, Stingray and Turtles certainly aren't found in the Arctic Oceans, so the theme covered a few different ocean temperatures.

I mean, for smaller kids it probably doesn't even matter much if sets of the same wave have both Tigers and Gorillas in seperate sets (example) , I think they see them more as jungle animals before they consider one is African and one is Asian.

Edited by TeriXeri

Gorillas are a more than welcome addition! :thumbup: Excited to hear what else they have in store this summer! Us animal fans have been eating good for the last few years, glad to see this continuing :wub:

I hope we will get leopard with spots printed down its back. And leopard cubs too. I mean, sure, Lion is King of the Jungle but realistically, it’s NOT. Lions only live in savannah, not jungle. I just don’t think we will see lion in African jungle subtheme but I could see leopard and its cub showing up in the sets.

12 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

Excited for the gorillas! Is it too greedy to want three sizes though if we get a baby, adult and silverback!

Kinda greedy, yeah ;)

44 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

@Brick Clicker is reporting a new red panda and return of the tiger, as well as baby and adult gorilla in the city sets!

Red panda in a $10 set, with a quadbike.

Ooft. Hope this is correct! Also hope (and assume) tiger gets a reprint and recolour 

I am also expecting generous helpings of some of the new plant parts which have come along since the last time Lego went jungling!

37 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

*huh* 

...I'll take their entire stock

Same! 

56 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Red panda in a $10 set, with a quadbike.

It seems like the $10/$11 quad-bike-and-cute-animals sets have been selling well (monkeys, chickens, otters, seals)! 👍

Wouldn’t it be more logical that we get Orang utangs instead of gorillas if we get red pandas and tigers? As in an asian wildlife kind of thing? Although those animals don’t live in the same regions of course. I’d rather get orang utangs :-)

11 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Same! 

It seems like the $10/$11 quad-bike-and-cute-animals sets have been selling well (monkeys, chickens, otters, seals)! 👍

Definitely.  I know I've been purchasing multiples of them.  I figure I get the animals & some spare parts for a little more than just buying the animals from PAB.

1 minute ago, karrit said:

Definitely.  I know I've been purchasing multiples of them.  I figure I get the animals & some spare parts for a little more than just buying the animals from PAB.

Animals and a nicely generic Minifig! 👍

6 minutes ago, Borex said:

Wouldn’t it be more logical that we get Orang utangs instead of gorillas if we get red pandas and tigers? As in an asian wildlife kind of thing? Although those animals don’t live in the same regions of course. I’d rather get orang utangs :-)

Wouldn’t be the first time there’d been a mistake in translation with set news … that said, ‘gorilla’ seems unlikely to be wrongly translated! But it depends what images someone has seen and how they understand them. Remember when we were told that the Dreamzz line included chimpanzee characters!

27 minutes ago, Borex said:

Red Pandas and Orangutans don’t really share the same habitats either though do they? That’s why I wasn’t really expecting to see pandas for the jungle sub theme - their bamboo forest home is slightly different from a ‘traditional’ jungle. 

That said, I’m definitely going to need that red panda!

Exciting news! Definitely happy to be getting the tiger back. Confirmed so far we have:

30665: Meet the Baby Gorilla ($4.99, polybag)

60424: Jungle Quadbike w/ Red Panda ($9.99)

60425: Jungle Explorer Plane ($19.99)

60426: Jungle Explorer Off-Road Vehicle ($29.99)

60437: Jungle Helicopter & Explorer Base ($99.99)

There's a new red panda mould confirmed for the $10 set, a new baby gorilla mould confirmed for the polybag (and possibly in a bigger set as well), a new adult gorilla mould(s?) coming in one of the bigger sets, and the return of the tiger mould from 2017 (possibly with cubs?) I am curious to see how things are divided up, and what other new animals may be included. My assumption is that the $100 set will probably somewhat resemble the larger wildlife rescue sets from 2021, with multiple builds and a few different animals.

I feel it’s probable that the existing, and new since the last jungle theme, moulds of monkey, large snake and crocagators are also possibilities to show up 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Now we just need one with a wolf

2 hours ago, karrit said:

Same. I particularly liked multiples of the snowmobile for a winter village scene.

1 hour ago, williejm said:

I feel it’s probable that the existing, and new since the last jungle theme, moulds of monkey, large snake and crocagators are also possibilities to show up 

Definitely strong possibilities. I'm also hoping for some new butterfly prints, and maybe new parrot colours?

Ooh... These ones sound exciting! I probably won't get any sets, but hopefully I can get some of these from Pick a Brick around November or something. Especially the tiger... the going price on Bricklink for those in crazy! 

Red panda is great can't wait to see it.  The Red panda is one of my sons favorite animals.  Great to get the tiger too as I missed out the last time.  

Junior Lego Set Designer: The usual suspects over at Eurobricks are moaning about the lack of animals in the recent winter City releases, boss.

Senior Set Designer: *Sigh* Go fetch the Current Random Popular Animal Generator…

(Current Random Popular Animal Generator flashes past Llama/Narwhal/Meerkat/Wombat, etc before eventually slowing down and stopping on Red Panda)

Junior Lego Set Designer: Red Pandas huh? That’s going to be a tough one to integrate into a City set, particularly as they live in coniferous forests rather than the  jungle environments we were planning for the summer…

Senior Lego Set Designer: Nah, make it a small set and stick a quadbike in it for good measure..

Junior Lego Set Designer: A quad bike? Not sure if that’s realistic, boss. I mean red pandas are quite shy animals and we just tried something similar with the otter sets which are now retired after just one year.,,

Senior Lego Set Designer: *Glares* I said give ‘em quad bikes…

Edited by lifeinplastic

9 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

@Brick Clicker is reporting a new red panda and return of the tiger, as well as baby and adult gorilla in the city sets!

Red panda in a $10 set, with a quadbike.

8 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Looking at the previous ones I expect 2 adults or one adult and 1 juvenile :sweet: The small City set with animals are fantastic and I believe they are selling very well so hopefully they will keep coming up with new ones :pir-triumph:

8 hours ago, williejm said:

Ooft. Hope this is correct! Also hope (and assume) tiger gets a reprint and recolour

Could be since the old one is out of production they often make a new print, more than that I expect juveniles as well this time around :wub:

8 hours ago, Borex said:

8 hours ago, williejm said:

Wouldn’t be the first time there’d been a mistake in translation with set news … that said, ‘gorilla’ seems unlikely to be wrongly translated! But it depends what images someone has seen and how they understand them. Remember when we were told that the Dreamzz line included chimpanzee characters!

Could be wrong and a mix up of species, but I think it is more likely they have jungle sets from Asia and Africa (maybe even South America).:sweet:

8 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

30665: Meet the Baby Gorilla ($4.99, polybag)

60424: Jungle Quadbike w/ Red Panda ($9.99)

60425: Jungle Explorer Plane ($19.99)

60426: Jungle Explorer Off-Road Vehicle ($29.99)

60437: Jungle Helicopter & Explorer Base ($99.99)

There's a new red panda mould confirmed for the $10 set, a new baby gorilla mould confirmed for the polybag (and possibly in a bigger set as well), a new adult gorilla mould(s?) coming in one of the bigger sets, and the return of the tiger mould from 2017 (possibly with cubs?) I am curious to see how things are divided up, and what other new animals may be included. My assumption is that the $100 set will probably somewhat resemble the larger wildlife rescue sets from 2021, with multiple builds and a few different animals.

• 30665: Meet the Baby Gorilla: 1 juvenile gorilla
  • 60424: Jungle Quadbike: 2 red pandas
  • 60425: Jungle Explorer Plane: wild guess a tree with toucan, parrot and monkey
  • 60426: Jungle Explorer Off-Road Vehicle: my guess a tiger with a couple of cubs
  • 60437: Jungle Helicopter & Explorer Base: My guess the gorilla with a juvenile and maybe elephant, crocodile..
  • Wild guess unknown limited set: jaguar with cubs, capybara, crocodile..

They probably put in some snakes, spiders, frogs etc as well

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Looking at the previous ones I expect 2 adults or one adult and 1 juvenile :sweet: The small City set with animals are fantastic and I believe they are selling very well so hopefully they will keep coming up with new ones :pir-triumph:

Could be since the old one is out of production they often make a new print, more than that I expect juveniles as well this time around :wub:

Could be wrong and a mix up of species, but I think it is more likely they have jungle sets from Asia and Africa (maybe even South America).:sweet:

• 30665: Meet the Baby Gorilla: 1 juvenile gorilla
  • 60424: Jungle Quadbike: 2 red pandas
  • 60425: Jungle Explorer Plane: wild guess a tree with toucan, parrot and monkey
  • 60426: Jungle Explorer Off-Road Vehicle: my guess a tiger with a couple of cubs
  • 60437: Jungle Helicopter & Explorer Base: My guess the gorilla with a juvenile and maybe elephant, crocodile..
  • Wild guess unknown limited set: jaguar with cubs, capybara, crocodile..

They probably put in some snakes, spiders, frogs etc as well

Oooft. Yes please … off to remortgage the house.