Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

On 2/24/2020 at 2:12 PM, Roebuck said:

I read this article and found something interesting:

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2020/02/23/our-wrap-up-of-lego-at-toy-fair-new-york-2020-news/

"In front of the booth and along the sides, LEGO has large brick-built sculptures. The two posted near the booth’s entrance were an adorable frog and llama, likely to help emphasize LEGO’s new focus on providing more animals in LEGO sets, which a LEGO spokesperson told us was the result of the company’s market research. Check out our Toy Fair LEGO Friends coverage for a plethora of new animals (including llamas)."

I like the sound of that :excited:

That would explain why the animal costumed CMFs are so popular 

It seems the CMF designers were way ahead of the wave

Edited by Robert8

15 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It seems the CMF designers were way ahead of the wave

If only they each came with an accompanying new animal mold/recolor, then they'd feel a degree more deserving of their spots.

18 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Maybe, but I do not think that was what they meant with animals in the interview :shrug_oh_well: On the other side if animal moulds are popular that could also make Lego include more animals in other forms like costumed characters or themes like fabuland, chima etc.. Hopefully that means minifigs sets also not just minidoll sets :wacko:

18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If only they each came with an accompanying new animal mold/recolor, then they'd feel a degree more deserving of their spots.

I agree, but that could be said of most of the characters in series 20 in my mind :wink:

Hopefully this newfound enthusiasm for animals will manifest itself in a zoo theme down the road

9 hours ago, Ardelon said:

Hopefully this newfound enthusiasm for animals will manifest itself in a zoo theme down the road

That would be fantastic :sweet:
A city subtheme farm or safari would also be a great place to get a lot of animals, but a zoo would probably be best since it can have animals from all over the world :wub:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

A city subtheme farm or safari would also be a great place to get a lot of animals, but a zoo would probably be best since it can have animals from all over the world :wub:

That would be so great if there was a subtheme like that! The new Lioness safari set is really cool but it seems out-of-place in how there are no similar sets. Being able to have different zoo sets for different continents would be so fun; you could have an arctic section, an Aquarium, a bird sanctuary, Africa of course and maybe even more out-there animals like Pandas or anything from South America or Australia. 

On 3/8/2020 at 8:48 AM, Roebuck said:

If only LEGO did animals like they sold Playmobil for decades now, like a "Lion Family" pack etc.

Playmobil has also done many Zoo and Safari sets, certainly would be nice in LEGO form.

One exception I wouldn't want to see are wild animals under a Circus theme.

Edited by TeriXeri

10 hours ago, Gomek said:

You can tell from just Bricklink prices that people definitely collect the animals.

Definitely, 30$ for one goat *huh*

8 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

If only LEGO did animals like they sold Playmobil for decades now, like a "Lion Family" pack etc.

Playmobil has also done many Zoo and Safari sets, certainly would be nice in LEGO form.

One exception I wouldn't want to see are wild animals under a Circus theme.

Playmobil try to put as many animals as possible in sets, Lego on the other hand closer too as few as possible, but they are getting better. The friends sets have a lot of animals now, not that it do me much good with those minidoll-animals, but slowly the system sets are getting more as well. So I think we are going in the right direction, but we are no where near playmobil quantities yet :tongue:

32 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Hammerhead shark has leaked!

Yeah I saw that it looks odd

2 hours ago, 1Panda said:

Yeah I saw that it looks odd

They look odd :tongue:

I wonder if the updated manta ray will leak soon also :sweet:

Love the hammerhead - it’s been a long time coming! I hope to see the hammerhead and the existing shark mould in a new colour sometime soon too 

2 hours ago, williejm said:

I hope to see the hammerhead and the existing shark mould in a new colour sometime soon too 

Agreed. The shark mold is generic enough that it could work for quite a few species with a palette. Too bad only one set has had it in something other than dark grey.

Can anyone else tell what color the hammerhead is? I'm thinking sand blue, but that may just be the lighting.

1 hour ago, UberCorp said:

Can anyone else tell what color the hammerhead is? I'm thinking sand blue, but that may just be the lighting.

It definitely looks like sand blue.

Hammerhead looks perfect as expected, love the sand blue colour too.

Don’t forget, the existing shark in new colour (spring green) will be in this summer’s Hidden Side submarine set.

10 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Hammerhead looks perfect as expected, love the sand blue colour too.

Don’t forget, the existing shark in new colour (spring green) will be in this summer’s Hidden Side submarine set.

Oh I had missed the news of that recolour ... it’s er an interesting choice. The tan ‘gator is certainly useful, will be interesting to see how the green shark works

A photo of Harry Potter's Hedwig with spread wings has leaked! I think it looks cute - seems to be the same snow owl body we have, but with open wings.

2 hours ago, Aurore said:

A photo of Harry Potter's Hedwig with spread wings has leaked! I think it looks cute - seems to be the same snow owl body we have, but with open wings.

I did expect a spread winged owl, happy to see that. Hope we get a few different colours and prints!

Looks like the piggy is making a comeback in the new Ideas pirate set. Any eagle eyed viewers spot any other cheeky animals of note in there?