Thanks everyone for the positive comments! 

On 12/05/2017 at 8:06 PM, Romanos said:

great work,, i have try to make parks, only yours is so far better ;) and love minifig scenes  ;)

Yeah, I really enjoy making little minifig scenes that have action or a self contained story.  At the last show I was supervising for awhile near the display and enjoyed hearing people point out those little scenes to each other.  Made me smile.

On 15/05/2017 at 7:57 PM, Bilok said:

How long it took you to build this thing?

It was built in calendar terms over the period Nov 15 to June 16, but in terms of actual hours I reckon there is... maybe around 40 hours.  I spent a bit of time working out how to do the first corner with the angled steps, then built one of the side modules - that was all pre xmas 2015.  I was away on holiday for most of January 16, then came back and built the remaining modules.  I had build sessions scattered in there where I experimented with tree designs, and that kind of broke up the module builds - building the same thing over and over gets a bit dull.   It was about 90% done by the end of May, with minifig posing done last. 

And there were a lot of waits for BL orders in that period too...

9 hours ago, Dakar A said:

I adore it! I've been planning on whipping up my own modular-compliant park at some point in the future, and this is pretty damn close to what I was imagining! I think my favorite aspect is the fencing around the park- it looks perfect.

Thanks - I was particularly happy when the dimensions of it worked out so that the fencing would look seamless over the modules.  And even in the smaller configuration! 

Edited by Magma
fixing content

Fantastic park! I really like how modular it is! The fencing is great too!

Are the corner modules build on 48x48 baseplates?

It must be fun to fill the park with minifigures!

It's also a great picture with the row of houses next to the park. What a city!

I would like to make myself one too, if I only had the place for it!

On 20/05/2017 at 6:45 PM, Wesley D said:

Fantastic park! I really like how modular it is! The fencing is great too!

Are the corner modules build on 48x48 baseplates?

It must be fun to fill the park with minifigures!

It's also a great picture with the row of houses next to the park. What a city!

I would like to make myself one too, if I only had the place for it!

Cheers Wesley!

Yes, the corners are 48x48 baseplates.  The middle modules are all two 32x32 baseplates.  In 32x32 baseplate terms, the overall dimension for the large park is 3x5, and 3x3 for the smaller park.    

This is fantastic! As everyone has said, the angles to the park are great. It's such a clean MOC. Can't wait to see your next one. 

This is such a great build and a great addition to a city layout.  I would love to see a picture of how you did the corners if you dont mind.

Such an amazing and great build with a lot of details :thumbup: I especially like the fontain. The guy falling into the water was an exellent detail :laugh:

Keep up the good work.... 

Nice details! I like the fountain and the fact that the park is modular (much like modular buildings). It is also nice to see trees that are not flat (as in some modular buildings)!
Bravo to you, it's beautiful! 
:thumbup:

This is truly tremendous work, you should be incredibly proud of this! I love so much about it, wow!

If you put this on LEGO Ideas (perhaps the smaller version would work well there), you'd have a vote from me! Brilliant stuff! :thumbup: :wub:

Realy amazing build. Great details, and the fact its modular adds more flexibility for the use of it.

Any chanche you post details of the trees?

I love it. Reminds me of Copley Square in Boston. My favorite city park.