1 hour ago, Ullum Zurt said:

Please advise what I can/need to do to correctly see all images

That is a problem with the person that posted an incorrect photo URL nothing wrong on your end or Eurobricks. 

Thank you. I will check with the thread starter.

Others claim they can see the photos.

I have figured it out. Firefox's tracking protection was blocking images attached directly in the forum. Disabling the tracking protection for the EB domain allowed the photos to load. However, I am unsure why the image-hosting site used by the forum was flagged by Firefox as a tracker.

Edited by Ullum Zurt
Update 2

1 hour ago, Guyinaplaguemask said:

How to i make a post?

Congratulations. You have posted a post. Anything else I can help with?

4 hours ago, Guyinaplaguemask said:

How to i make a post?

3 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Wait wait wait - oh my. Is this representing a 1st order perpetuum mobile? Wow. I may have to revise my lectures on Thermodynamics!

This could be Big Stuff. Like cold riveted girders with cores of pure Selenium ...

Best
Thorsten

4 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Not a reply, this is a reply to a topic, I want to know how to start one

7 hours ago, Guyinaplaguemask said:

Not a reply, this is a reply to a topic, I want to know how to start one

Select the green "Start New Topic" button at the top of the page in whichever forum you want to post. 

12 hours ago, Guyinaplaguemask said:

How to i make a post?

Hi,

A post is reply to a topic. Reading your comment, you mean "How do I start a new topic?". Like @Classic_Spaceman said, simply use the "Start New Topic" button at the top right of a forum page. Make sure to post in the right forum.

And when you want to include images, don't use the upload function. We don't host images here. You need to host your images on Bricksafe or Flickr (or another image hosting service) and use the "Copy url" on the image and paste the url in the topic.

3 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Isn't there some required amount of posts or something before a new member can create a new topic?

No there isn't, we want people to be able to share their MOCs from joining, it would discourage members to not be able to post.

What we do have is a basic help section for new members to use before they reach 10 posts. So it has all the basic instructions any could need to get started.

Okay, great, been a while. Not sure why I remember not being able to create a thread when I was new here, lol, thanks. Must have been the only other forum I am a member of.

Edited by Johnny1360

1 hour ago, CreeperBrix said:

Is there a way to change your username?

Usually, you can change it once every year. But I am not really sure that option is still available. I have sent you a PM.

Edit: It's under Account Settings -> Change Display Name

Pay attention that your new name will be your login name as well.

On 8/6/2021 at 4:04 PM, Jim said:

Usually, you can change it once every year. But I am not really sure that option is still available. I have sent you a PM.

Thanks a lot, @Jim.

On 8/6/2021 at 4:04 PM, Jim said:

Wait, I just checked account settings, and there's no option to change your display name...

Only members who reach the rank of Knight have this ability. 

For everyone else, politely asking and having a good reason usually works :wink:

It has been merged with Technic. Due to inactivity it’s better to show the great models in the Technic forum. Most of them are somewhat Model Team anyway. We forgot to make a frontpage announcement, sorry.

1 hour ago, Critta said:

How do I obtain the LAN Ambassador icon?

Step 1. Become a LAN Ambassador.

Step 2 (if step 1. has been completed). Contact me and I will get you the tag. I will ask you to upload an avatar pic though :wink: 

6 hours ago, krimimimi said:

Is it possible to link to a specific comment within a thread, or only the main threads / or pages? TIA. :classic:

I think if you copy the link from Posted (insert number) hours/days ago that will link to the comment. Alternatively you could just quote the comment in the thread it is on, then copy and paste that to the next thread

Thanks, @Stuartn and @Peppermint_M, for answering. Oddly clicking on the time link only worked some of the time ??? (and yet I checked it against the URL you're sent in the notifications that definitely works (but that you logically don't usually have) and am not seeing a difference in format). Often as not it was taking me to the top of the page. Odder yet, the share link the icon offers has a different format. 

excerpt from the time link: 

149997-help/&page=46&tab=comments#comment-3451439; mixed results 

from the notification: 

149997-help/&page=46&tab=comments#comment-3451439; always works

looks the same to me.  :shrug_confused:

from the share icon:

149997-help/&do=findComment&comment=3451439; seems to work

Eh. Mine is not to reason why... :shrug_oh_well: Again, appreciate the help. :classic: 

Edited by krimimimi

I'm a new member, only been here for a few days, and was wondering about the advertising policy here? Is there anything official, or is it more just a few widely accepted Do's and Dont's? And what are they?

Also, I was wondering about the signatures a lot of people have at the bottom of their posts. Where can I set one of them up, as I've looked through the edit profile section but cannot seem to find anything about them.

Thanks, GrandEmperorBinks

Edited by GrandEmperorBinks
forgot the second question, I'm dumb.

Basically, you don’t :classic:

The forums are for showing anf discussing MOCs and sets. While it’s okay to post a link now or then, creating topics for advertising is frowned upon.

Exceptions can be made, but we appreciate a PM beforehand.