MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

I am not a huge fan of Beckett's face print. Just doesn't capture him that well.

On 5/7/2018 at 12:49 PM, Johnny1360 said:

I can think of only one good reason for someone needing to buy multiple copies of a newly released UCS set, so I am all for only being able to buy 1, when they are first released. 

and what would that be?

So I happened to pass by Lego on Leicester Square today and what did I see?

(Picture not inserted due to retardedly low attachment file size limit)

What I saw was.... a shitload of Y-Wings! Now I see the limit is 5 on Lego's website.

Pointless move - I would have bought two out of instinct but I only bought 1. Now I'll just stick with one because... meh.

I also saw this:

How is this for sale?? I thought they were totally sold out??

36 minutes ago, Malthus101 said:

and what would that be?

So I happened to pass by Lego on Leicester Square today and what did I see?

What I saw was.... a shitload of Y-Wings! Now I see the limit is 5 on Lego's website.

Pointless move - I would have bought two out of instinct but I only bought 1. Now I'll just stick with one because... meh.

I also saw this:

How is this for sale?? I thought they were totally sold out??

Retardedly low size limit is there because EB isn’t a hosting site. Upload to flickr or similar and post a link. So without the second image, what, pray tell, was for sale that is supposed to be sold out?

Why would anyone want more than one of a USC set anyway? Give others a chance to own the thing.

24 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Why would anyone want more than one of a USC set anyway? Give others a chance to own the thing.

If someone desires more than one copy of a UCS set, and they have the disposable income with which to make a duplicate purchase, why should they be discouraged from doing so?

I like Beckett. Just like him. I don't like hair choice. Everything else is great. But colours look odd at this minifigure. Hair should be darker, and torso should be lighter.

17 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

So the Cloud City UCS doesn’t qualify as even a rumour then, despite the massive hints dropped by TLG and from some posters? Tough crowd...

It is a 99% sure rumor. 2 sources have confirmed it, it looks like a bottom half of the Death Star with a few platforms. Includes small Slave I (like 30 studs, smaller than one from #8097)and a Cloud Car. It is open like the DS, no roof. Leaked minifigures are Lando and Boba Fett.

4 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

One to build, one to collect unopened maybe?

10 minutes ago, Malthus101 said:

One to build, one to collect unopened maybe?

Definitely for resale value or "investment", as some would say. Don't know why most people would want two of any UCS set, except ... maybe to have one sequel trilogy MF and one OT MF? Maybe?

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It is a 99% sure rumor. 2 sources have confirmed it, it looks like a bottom half of the Death Star with a few platforms. Includes small Slave I (like 30 studs, smaller than one from #8097)and a Cloud Car. It is open like the DS, no roof. Leaked minifigures are Lando and Boba Fett.

Whilst Lando is obviously going to be in a Cloud City set, I don't think there has been a leak of a legit Lando figure. There was a fake / custom I believe, but I don't think we've seen the actual true figure.

Becket looks ok the hairpiece itself I guess is alright as the Mr. Incredible hair kind of work but why on Earth is it in that colour when it doesn’t even match up with his face. Quite disappointing 

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Whilst Lando is obviously going to be in a Cloud City set, I don't think there has been a leak of a legit Lando figure. There was a fake / custom I believe, but I don't think we've seen the actual true figure.

Yep you're absolutely right, that Lando minifig floating around was indeed a custom. Meant to report on that a little while ago. I found the original image from a well rated seller on eBay who makes customs. Same exact image from the leaks. So I guess we can put that to rest here for anyone who still thinks it was legitimate. Needless to say, you are all right in saying that Cloud City is definitely a fully legitimate rumor for this October's UCS and anyone who says otherwise can report to the wishlists forum on what they wish weren't rumored to be coming out as Lego sets... :)

3 hours ago, LegoLord54 said:

Becket looks ok the hairpiece itself I guess is alright as the Mr. Incredible hair kind of work but why on Earth is it in that colour when it doesn’t even match up with his face. Quite disappointing 

I may have missed the original post, but where is it that this figure leaked? Flickr, Instagram, imgur? No need to link the actual source as I'll just find it myself if you don't mind telling me where.

18 hours ago, Renown said:

I am not a huge fan of Beckett's face print. Just doesn't capture him that well.

No, exactly; it's tough to get right, but man, they must have been a little bit sloppy on the chin and cheeks, with respect to the eyes. The torso, however, is fantastic. I'm tossing out a guess that it'll be in that crazy 89.99 Conveyex Heist kit, but that's just a guess; no guarantees. If i say something too casually, I can be held to it later; the community here is good about that. :) 

6 hours ago, HutchProDucktions said:

Yep you're absolutely right, that Lando minifig floating around was indeed a custom. Meant to report on that a little while ago. I found the original image from a well rated seller on eBay who makes customs. Same exact image from the leaks. So I guess we can put that to rest here for anyone who still thinks it was legitimate. Needless to say, you are all right in saying that Cloud City is definitely a fully legitimate rumor for this October's UCS and anyone who says otherwise can report to the wishlists forum on what they wish weren't rumored to be coming out as Lego sets... :)

I may have missed the original post, but where is it that this figure leaked? Flickr, Instagram, imgur? No need to link the actual source as I'll just find it myself if you don't mind telling me where.

Yeah, that custom has been around for a little over a year, actually... a fellow by the name of ForceGhost Solo made it. No joke.

As far as Beckett from 75217 goes, it's visible on the relevant subreddit. :P If you're looking in the right place, it should be on Instagram as well; PM me if you need accounts to look for; if I'm not allowed to do that, I expect that someone will likely tell me. Apologies if so.

-Azani

17 hours ago, Brickweiser said:

Definitely for resale value or "investment", as some would say. Don't know why most people would want two of any UCS set, except ... maybe to have one sequel trilogy MF and one OT MF? Maybe?

Yes, one to build, one to keep for an investment potentially, for the future.

Problem with that? Given the meteoric rise in the price of old Star Wars sets, you're frankly stupid if you don't!

20 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

There was a Lando leak maybe half a year ago. We stil don't know it it's real or not.

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There was a Lando leak maybe half a year ago. We stil don't know it it's real or not.

That figure is fake 

Hey everyone, I’m a bit confused about the summer sets that are coming. Were the rumors about Snoke’s Throne Room and the Resistance Transport Ship ever confirmed to be real or fake? Thanks!

7 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Hey everyone, I’m a bit confused about the summer sets that are coming. Were the rumors about Snoke’s Throne Room and the Resistance Transport Ship ever confirmed to be real or fake? Thanks!

Both on their way in due course. Snoke's Throne Room is due in this summer's wave whereas the Resistance Transport's expected release is as yet unconfirmed, although the sets for this year's winter wave haven't received much attention in the rumour mill yet so it is entirely possible it may appear then while The Last Jedi is still 'relevant' if you understand what I mean. 

6 hours ago, Malthus101 said:

Problem with that? Given the meteoric rise in the price of old Star Wars sets, you're frankly stupid if you don't!

Basic supply and demand my friend. They’re only being smart about it.

EDIT: Wait you’re in support of it aren’t you? Yeet finally someone else :D

Edited by Bartybum

13 hours ago, Azani said:

No, exactly; it's tough to get right, but man, they must have been a little bit sloppy on the chin and cheeks, with respect to the eyes. The torso, however, is fantastic. I'm tossing out a guess that it'll be in that crazy 89.99 Conveyex Heist kit, but that's just a guess; no guarantees. If i say something too casually, I can be held to it later; the community here is good about that. :) 

Yeah, that custom has been around for a little over a year, actually... a fellow by the name of ForceGhost Solo made it. No joke.

As far as Beckett from 75217 goes, it's visible on the relevant subreddit. :P If you're looking in the right place, it should be on Instagram as well; PM me if you need accounts to look for; if I'm not allowed to do that, I expect that someone will likely tell me. Apologies if so.

-Azani

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it! I ended up finding it from a certain user on Instagram. The hair piece with the face doesn't seem to look that great compared to the film. I own his face from the TIE Fighter, but I don't really see how any of the other heads would have worked that well for him. None the less, the torso and leg printing is great, so definitely not a minifig I completely look down on.

Finally got around to purchasing the Defense on Crait set among all this solo hype. It's a little pricey, although I did get on sale, the ski speeder built is phenomenal, great detailing all around, only complaint I have with it is I wish it had some retractable landing gear or stand to fully display it with the monoski. 

On 5/12/2018 at 8:49 AM, Mark1006 said:

Would love to see lego implement cloth pieces as overcoats, but I suppose things might start getting a bit too complex. It's just that the overcoats seems pretty drowned out and unimpressive on both Beckett minifigs even though at least with the above costume they're kind of the stand out "statement" piece of the actual outfit in the movie.

Overcoats are absolutely doable but the only problem is they typically require the use of holes on the fabric placed at the arm sockets.

Removing and placing arms, such as to attach an overcoat, can potentially cause fractures even when done properly.

I'm convinced this is the only reason we haven't got an overcoat fabric piece and may never unless some fix to the fracture problem is figured out. 

Still there are a couple third party vendors I believe that sell overcoats. 

Or you could take a cape piece and alter it. I've done that a few times to fantastic results. I can post a couple pictures if you're interested in how they look.

Edited by Forresto

54 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Overcoats are absolutely doable but the only problem is they typically require the use of holes on the fabric placed at the arm sockets.

Removing and placing arms, such as to attach an overcoat, can potentially cause fractures even when done properly.

I'm convinced this is the only reason we haven't got an overcoat fabric piece and may never unless some fix to the fracture problem is figured out. 

Still there are a couple third party vendors I believe that sell overcoats. 

Or you could take a cape piece and alter it. I've done that a few times to fantastic results. I can post a couple pictures if you're interested in how they look.

There could be another solution for a coat piece- make a stretchy fabric one that attaches at the legs like skirt pieces and then has holes for the arms to go through. It would be securely attached at the waist and then hang a little bit off the shoulders, but it would get the idea across and no one would have to pop arms out. Storm’s cape from 2014 did something like this, where it attached at the neck and then had holes for her hands to go through.