MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Has anyone heard which sets will be on sale for May the 4th and/or the days surrounding it?

All I can find so far in this thread is that Kylo's Tie will be discounted... any others?

1 hour ago, thorin said:

Has anyone heard which sets will be on sale for May the 4th and/or the days surrounding it?

All I can find so far in this thread is that Kylo's Tie will be discounted... any others?

I don't think anyone knows for sure (correct me if I'm wrong of course). Even Kylo's Tie is just speculation as far as I can tell. Personally I want another cantina so am wondering if I should wait - it's only available from Lego in theĀ UK now.

9 hours ago, jdubbs said:

3 Solo sets (train, hauler, Enfys Speeders), TLJ Snoke Throneroom, Luke's X-Wing, Anakin's Yellow Starfighter (Ep 2/CW design), Sandcrawler (smaller than UCS). A couple of retailer exclusives TBD. The first four have been reported by multiple sources, but not seen. The other named sets were pictured in a retailer catalog. Later in the year: Advent calendar, supposedly aĀ UCS-style Porg in scale with BB-8, and possibly some other unknown sets before the end of the year.

Thank you very much! I was hoping that TLJĀ resistance troop transport rumor was going to be true but I guess not.Ā 

9 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I was under the impression that SvL confirmed the transport? Iā€™m probably mistaken

Yes he did, along with the V-19. Theyā€™re just not the set numbers previously reported, so presumably coming in the last wave of sets later in the year.Ā 

6 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I don't think anyone knows for sure (correct me if I'm wrong of course). Even Kylo's Tie is just speculation as far as I can tell. Personally I want another cantina so am wondering if I should wait - it's only available from Lego in theĀ UK now.

Kylo's TIE was listed as an example of one of the sets that would be on sale in an ad that LEGO sent to catalog subscribers/VIP members. So pretty much assured that it will be on sale.

AreĀ the UCS Porg, Resistance Transport and Throne Room sets the last wave we can expect from TLJ? TFA got three waves, thirteen sets, three battlepacksĀ and two microfighters. With the future wave of three sets just mentioned, that's thirteen sets, one battlepackĀ and basically fiveĀ microfighters (if you split the A-Wing/TIE Silence and Crait Speeder/AT-M6Ā ones in two) over three waves for TLJ.

As such, both movies get a pretty even selection of sets, although there are still a few obvious emissions from TLJ whereas TFA is almost entirely catered for.

10 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Kylo's TIE was listed as an example of one of the sets that would be on sale in an ad that LEGO sent to catalog subscribers/VIP members. So pretty much assured that it will be on sale.

Ah okay thank you. I am a Lego VIP, but have received no such catalogue. Was there any other examples?

On 4/22/2018 at 6:46 AM, Brickweiser said:

Considering the last time we got a Wedge was in the largely panned Assault on Hoth set (a set I enjoyed personally on a good discount) was a snowspeeder pilot variant, I am not peeved at all about having him rereleased in his normal X-Wing jumpsuit. I'm curious what astromech they will provide for him, as depiction varies greatly, and the most accurate has the dome from the Jawa battlepack. I do hope for a unique face print as well, especially as Wedge fan. Not only is the current over used, it doesn't suit 90% of the pilots for which it is used.Ā 

Snowspeeder and X-Wing pilots use the exact same parts in lego (as well as the same costumes in the movies)

Edited by Brickwraith

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

AreĀ the UCS Porg, Resistance Transport and Throne Room sets the last wave we can expect from TLJ? TFA got three waves, thirteen sets, three battlepacksĀ and two microfighters. With the future wave of three sets just mentioned, that's thirteen sets, one battlepackĀ and basically fiveĀ microfighters (if you split the A-Wing/TIE Silence and Crait Speeder/AT-M6Ā ones in two) over three waves for TLJ.

As such, both movies get a pretty even selection of sets, although there are still a few obvious emissions from TLJ whereas TFA is almost entirely catered for.

Anything is possible. LEGO is still making Clone Wars sets and that show went off the air 4-5 years ago.Ā And we have a long time to go (well over a year) before sets for Episode IX show up.Ā But I would expect the last 2018 wave to include a mix of sets from various movies, esp. if we're getting both the Resistance Transport (TLJ) and V-19 Torrent (CW) in it.

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Ah okay thank you. I am a Lego VIP, but have received no such catalogue. Was there any other examples?

No. It was just depicted as an example. Expect mostly older and poorly-selling sets to be on sale.Ā 

3 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Anything is possible. LEGO is still making Clone Wars sets and that show went off the air 4-5 years ago.Ā And we have a long time to go (well over a year) before sets for Episode IX show up.Ā But I would expect the last 2018 wave to include a mix of sets from various movies, esp. if we're getting both the Resistance Transport (TLJ) and V-19 Torrent (CW) in it.

No. It was just depicted as an example. Expect mostly older and poorly-selling sets to be on sale.Ā 

What about Rebels? Do you think they will make some Sets or will they stop producing Rebels-Sets because the Series ends? The last Rebels Set is nearly 1.5 years old.

42 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

Snowspeeder and X-Wing pilots use the exact same parts in lego (as well as the same costumes in the movies)

The snowspeeder and X-Wing pilot minifigures areĀ not the same; there are slight differences on both the torso and legs.

14 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Thanks. Probably no discount on the cantina then.

10 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

What about Rebels? Do you think they will make some Sets or will they stop producing Rebels-Sets because the Series ends? The last Rebels Set is nearly 1.5 years old.

By most accounts Rebels sets sold poorly, which is why there haven't been any in so long. While it's certainly possible more sets could come eventually,Ā I wouldn't expect LEGO to produce sets for it with the frequency of, say, CW sets which have remained popular well after the show ended. (The Clone Wars show is still available on Netflix, which probably accounts for a lot of its enduring popularity with kids. Rebels is not.)

16 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

This thread seems to have gotten off topic a bit but could someone recap what we are getting this summer set wise without the fake rumors now?

STAR WARS:

75203 {Retailer Exclusive}
ā™¤PRICE~40ā‚¬

75214 Anakin's Jedi Starfighter
ā™¤PRICE-30ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢Anakin's Starfighter
ā™§MINIFIGURES:
-Anakin Skywalker
-R2-D2

75218 X-Wing Starfighter
ā™¤PRICE-100ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢X-Wing
ā™§MINIFIGURES:
-Luke Skywalker
-R2-D2
-X-Wing Pilot (probably Wedge Antilles)
-R2 Droid

75220 Sandcrawler
ā™¤PRICE-130ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢Sandcrawler
ā€¢Jawa's Speeder
ā™§MINIFIGURES:
-Luke Skywalker
-Jawa
-Jawa
-R6 Droid
-Protocolar Droid
-Medical Droid

75221 {Unknown}

XxXxX {V-19 Torrent Starfighter}

D2C:

75222 {CC}
ā™¤PRICE-1900 PLN, something like 500-600$

THE LAST JEDI:

75216 The Throne Room Duel
ā™¤PRICE-70ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢Lift, wallsĀ i Snoke's throne with "dragging Rey to it" function
ā™§MINIFIGURES:
-Rey
-Kylo Ren
-Snoke
-Praetorian Guard
-Praetorian Guard

XxXxX {Resistance Transporter}

75230 Porg
ā™¤PRICE~70ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢Porg, similar to BB-8

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY

75215 {EnfysĀ Nest's Gang Face-Off}
ā™¤PRICE-30ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢Tan speeder for EnfysĀ Nesta
ā€¢Another tan speeder
ā™§MINIFIGURES:
-Enfys Nest
-Unknown
-Unknown

75217 {Conveyer}
ā™¤PRICE-90ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢Front part andĀ one wagon of the train, without rails
ā™§MINIFIGURES:
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown

(-Unknown)

75219 {Imperial Hauler}
ā™¤PRICE-100ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢Imperial Hauler
ā™§MINIFIGURES:
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
(-Unknown)

17 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

STAR WARS:

75203 {Retailer Exclusive}
ā™¤PRICE~40ā‚¬

75214 Anakin's Jedi Starfighter
ā™¤PRICE-30ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢Anakin's Starfighter
ā™§MINIFIGURES:
-Anakin Skywalker
-R2-D2

75218 X-Wing Starfighter
ā™¤PRICE-100ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢X-Wing
ā™§MINIFIGURES:
-Luke Skywalker
-R2-D2
-X-Wing Pilot (probably Wedge Antilles)
-R2 Droid

75220 Sandcrawler
ā™¤PRICE-130ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢Sandcrawler
ā€¢Jawa's Speeder
ā™§MINIFIGURES:
-Luke Skywalker
-Jawa
-Jawa
-R6 Droid
-Protocolar Droid
-Medical Droid

75221 {Unknown}

XxXxX {V-19 Torrent Starfighter}

D2C:

75222 {CC}
ā™¤PRICE-1900 PLN, something like 500-600$

THE LAST JEDI:

75216 The Throne Room Duel
ā™¤PRICE-70ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢Lift, wallsĀ i Snoke's throne with "dragging Rey to it" function
ā™§MINIFIGURES:
-Rey
-Kylo Ren
-Snoke
-Praetorian Guard
-Praetorian Guard

XxXxX {Resistance Transporter}

75230 Porg
ā™¤PRICE~70ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢Porg, similar to BB-8

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY

75215 {EnfysĀ Nest's Gang Face-Off}
ā™¤PRICE-30ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢Tan speeder for EnfysĀ Nesta
ā€¢Another tan speeder
ā™§MINIFIGURES:
-Enfys Nest
-Unknown
-Unknown

75217 {Conveyer}
ā™¤PRICE-90ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢Front part andĀ one wagon of the train, without rails
ā™§MINIFIGURES:
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown

(-Unknown)

75219 {Imperial Hauler}
ā™¤PRICE-100ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢Imperial Hauler
ā™§MINIFIGURES:
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
(-Unknown)

Thanks for the recap. Ā I had really lost track of what was confirmed, what was rumour and what was justĀ wish list.:laugh:Ā  Imperial Hauler is not something I am familiar with though, it sounds interesting. Ā I think we are 99% sure that the UCS is Cloud City as well aren't we?Ā 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75219 {Imperial Hauler}
ā™¤PRICE-100ā‚¬
ā—‡BUILDS:
ā€¢Imperial Hauler
ā™§MINIFIGURES:
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
(-Unknown)

Thanks! 75219 seems like an easy opportunity for them to include other members of the ā€œcrewā€ like L3-37 and Rio Durant! Really want those characters in LEGO form!

8 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Thanks! 75219 seems like an easy opportunity for them to include other members of the ā€œcrewā€ like L3-37 and Rio Durant! Really want those characters in LEGO form!

Lets hope the follow up what they did on the R1 crew, where all core members where included.Ā 

BTW even if images probably are a bit far away, but a detailed description of each set should come soon, historically wise they do around 3 months before atleast

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

Ā I think we are 99% sure that the UCS is Cloud City as well aren't we?Ā 

No. Far from it.

Is it possible that 75203 is the Resistance Transport and 75221 is the V-19? 75203 is rumored to be 40ā‚¬, which is about what the original rumored price was for the Resistance Transport. We donā€™t knowĀ any otherĀ set numbers that these sets could use (although, Legoā€™s set numbering rarely makes sense),Ā and it seems rather convenient that we have 2 unknown sets with confirmed setĀ numbers and 2 rumored sets withĀ unknownĀ set numbers.

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

6 minutes ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Is it possible that 75203 is the Resistance Transport and 75221 is the V-19? 75203 is rumored to be 40ā‚¬, which is about what the original rumored price was for the Resistance Transport. We donā€™t knowĀ any otherĀ set numbers that these sets could use (although, Legoā€™s set numbering rarely makes sense),Ā and it seems rather convenient that we have 2 unknown sets with confirmed setĀ numbers and 2 rumored sets withĀ unknownĀ set numbers.

good theory but there is evidence that 75203 is hoth related.Ā 

12 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

There is? Where?

over there. points that way.Ā 

Ā 

allĀ joking aside. i expected it to have propagated further than the one report on a ā€˜scummyā€™Ā site by now. guess people are more into wishlisting and conjecturing here.

a certain major retailer added it to their inventory system a couple/threeĀ weeks back. and while it may be a code name, iā€™m doubtful it is ... i believe it is 19.99 (or 29.99) and around 230 pieces ... i donā€™t have my original ā€˜notesā€™ as iā€™m halfway around the world from home and boarding another flight in 5 hours.Ā Ā 

rentmber that typically there are three us retail exclusives per year; walmart, tru, target. we have seen 2 of those.

Ā 

now to catch a few hour nap.

2 minutes ago, Tidy said:

over there. points that way.Ā 

Ā 

allĀ joking aside. i expected it to have propagated further than the one report on a ā€˜scummyā€™Ā site by now. guess people are more into wishlisting and conjecturing here.

a certain major retailer added it to their inventory system a couple/threeĀ weeks back. and while it may be a code name, iā€™m doubtful it is ... i believe it is 19.99 (or 29.99) and around 230 pieces ... i donā€™t have my original ā€˜notesā€™ as iā€™m halfway around the world from home and boarding another flight in 5 hours.Ā Ā 

rentmber that typically there are three us retail exclusives per year; walmart, tru, target. we have seen 2 of those.

Ā 

now to catch a few hour nap.

Haha lol ?

I see that the 'scummy' site reports that the 'informer' describes it is a Solo set, but the retailer has labelled it as a Hoth set which is interesting.

Anyway, have a good flight and thanks for the info.

Ā 

6 hours ago, jdubbs said:

No. Far from it.

If it's not cloud city, then what else could it be? There is a ton of evidence pointing in that direction, with a lot of it coming from lego itself.