Sign in to follow this  
MiloNelsiano

Book II Chal V: Cat B Siege Machine for the Spire

Everyone in Historica could sense the war coming, especially those in Nocturnus.  Most of Nocturnus, particularly those unable to stand up to him, knew that they would rather stay loyal than oppose Raavage.  An old Imp named Chir, who lived on the outkirts of Nocturnus wasn't much different.  Although he had typically used his workshop to build furniture, he had converted it to build siege machines for the Spire, to show that he didn't oppose Raavage.  Quietly, he had hoped he would not be called on, and his siege machines would not be required.  However, today, the time has come.  Raavage himself has come with a small entourage.  This would be disturbing enough on the most pleasant of days. but Chir could sense that Raavage had a particularly nasty disposition today.  He seemed desperate, almost crazed, as though he would let nothing stand in his way.

33496626446_91912668b0_z.jpg

33496625636_bcc644febe_z.jpg

This build ended up being too rushed for my liking.  I've really been short on time this month, and I don't think that will change until shortly before the Category C deadline.  Hopefully I'll finish all my builds for that one in time.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy.  As always, all comments and criticism is welcome.

I like the tower.  The battering ram is good and I like the path.  Wish there were more pictures to show different angles but not to shabby. 

Though I really like the ram, I think the tower and the tudor-sections are a bit too blocky.

But well, nice build man. Great to have you back!

Very neat battering ram, the use of round plate with four handles to attach the ram itself to the carriage is clever :thumbup: Good building layout and nicely detailed doorway.

Quite a lot of olive green grass you have!

The gargoyle head works great there for the ram, and the wagon is good, too; I like that it is roofed to keep the operators safe from dropped boulders, arrows, and other projectiles. I think that the texturing on your building is a bit bland, as there is just not that much variation there, but it is still solid and nice. I would agree with Titus, though, and say that perhaps the tudor sections are too blocky, or maybe even too bulky, at least for that stone base. The cobblestone path is a nice touch. 

That's a rather elegant battering ram, Milo! I also like the use of common tools as door decoration, creative. :thumbup: The cobblestone path is proper, as is the stone part of the house. The rest of it might be better if it had a more ramshackle look and if it were less top-heavy. I feel like the concept of the tower is okay, but for a different purpose.

I agree with the others on how the tower feels a little too blocky, although the battering ram has no such problems. Also great landscaping :thumbup:

The ram is awesome and I love the use of the halloween CMFs for the guys.  I like the color on the tudor sections and the overall shape.  The very top of the tower I'm not sure what's going on with the roof, but I like the use of the black roof slopes.  I really love the ground color and sparse texture.  It makes me think of a dead, desolate landscape.  I wish I had that much olive and dark tan!

The house is really nice, with the half-timbered and stone parts that I always like. You also did a great job with the battering ram.

The corner stone pattern on the bottom of the tower looks really nice here :thumbup: Superb usage of the gargoyle head on the battering ram as well, and I like the cobblestone path.