David Thomsen

Future Pirates Speculation

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Hive said:

I agree, that lineup gave us some very good sets, figures and new piratey parts. And the two first ships were great.

For me, the licensed version was just as incomplete as Indiana Jones was compared to Adventurers. Too many scenes left out, too much potential wasted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And unfortunately, too many torsos have that fleshie smudge on them, making them in some case unusable for "proper" mocing... *hides from the crowds* :grin:

(I prefer proper in-house themes)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Medzomorak said:

For me, the licensed version was just as incomplete as Indiana Jones was compared to Adventurers. Too many scenes left out, too much potential wasted.

I agree, most of those licensed counterparts were usually just one-and-done themes that were made just to coincide with the release of a new movie within those franchises, and most of the sets released were focused on the new movie instead of the more important movies. No wonder they felt so incomplete. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Bregir said:

And unfortunately, too many torsos have that fleshie smudge on them, making them in some case unusable for "proper" mocing... *hides from the crowds* :grin:

(I prefer proper in-house themes)

So true, I HATE that. Barbarossa's and other bodies would be super cool for if not for that flesh chest color.

Képtalálatok a következőre: lego hector barbarossaKéptalálatok a következőre: lego hector barbarossaKéptalálatok a következőre: lego hector barbarossa

Edited by Medzomorak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not saying that PoTC was as good as an inhouse pirate theme. And I too would have liked them to use less flesh on the torsos (a common problem across licensed themes for me) - but it did give us some parts and builds that we wouldn't have gotten in a regular pirate theme. And I didn't get the impression that PoTC took the place of an inhouse pirate theme; I got the impression that if not for PoTC, we wouldn't have gotten anything at all. And in that light, PoTC was pretty great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scrum (first picture above) has a yellow enough skin tone print that it actually looks just fine with regular minifig heads. (I recently used it to make a custom Captain Foul since all of the red pirate torsos have ruffs that just don't match his look.)

As for the rest...better break out the beards, lol. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 10:20 PM, chofus said:

Wow that parts would be soo cool and give us opportunity for alot of versatile builds. Its time that Lego steal and copy some of the design :)

Well. it's not stealing.
LEGO just has to cut these particular parts in half. And the versatility and potential of the builds will increase a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw lego posting about pirates on instagram. Teaser for pirate bay or something else?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering too. Pure speculation but a poll on pirate ships yesterday and their bases today makes me think the creator ship and pirate bay announcements are incoming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HothFan1987 said:

I was wondering too. Pure speculation but a poll on pirate ships yesterday and their bases today makes me think the creator ship and pirate bay announcements are incoming. 

I found the post with the Black Seas Barracuda... but what poll about bases?

EDIT: I think I found it... I'm not too familiar with Instagram, never-mind.

 

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we will see the pirate bay within this week now, probably no later than Friday :moar: No way Lego start posting old pirate set polls out of the blue :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

I found the post with the Black Seas Barracuda... but what poll about bases?

EDIT: I think I found it... I'm not too familiar with Instagram, never-mind.

 

Sorry, the two polls were on Facebook. 
 

I was going to upload pictures of them but they’re too big apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Still hoping LEGO makes another Pirate themed Xtra to get us some massable items.

The current Xtra sea polybag already has a nice way to get a shark, parrot, treasure chest, treasure map, so another one that's even more Pirate themed would be nice.

40341-1.jpg?201812050815

Another Xtra Pirates bag could contain : 

  • Cannon (likely Red to go with current sets)
  • Cannonballs (black 1x1 round bricks)
  • Monkey
  • Golden Coins
  • Palm Leafs (either the classic or new versions)
  • Weapons (sabre, pistol, rifle)
  • Hats 
  • Small printed Jolly Roger flag + antenna.

Could even do a seperate one for Soldiers / Armada etc.

 

 

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Still hoping LEGO makes another Pirate themed Xtra to get us some massable items.

The current Xtra sea polybag already has a nice way to get a shark, parrot, treasure chest, treasure map, so another one that's even more Pirate themed would be nice.

40341-1.jpg?201812050815

Another Xtra Pirates bag could contain : 

  • Cannon (likely Red to go with current sets)
  • Cannonballs (black 1x1 round bricks)
  • Monkey
  • Golden Coins
  • Palm Leafs (either the classic or new versions)
  • Weapons (sabre, pistol, rifle)
  • Hats 
  • Small printed Jolly Roger flag + antenna.

Could even do a separate one for Soldiers / Armada etc.

A bag with Cannons, Cannonballs, Pirate Weapons, Flags (Big and Small, Pirates and Imperials) is a must.

But I'm not very hopeful that LEGO will do this.

Maybe we should start mass emailing, Facebook/Twitter/Instagram mass posting, asking for these stuff.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brickander Brickumnus said:

A bag with Cannons, Cannonballs, Pirate Weapons, Flags (Big and Small, Pirates and Imperials) is a must.

But I'm not very hopeful that LEGO will do this.

Maybe we should start mass emailing, Facebook/Twitter/Instagram mass posting, asking for these stuff.

I'm hopeful they will offer one or two minifig sets like the recent 40372: Police MF Accessory or 40373: Fairground Accessory sets, except with a mix of pirates and/or soldiers.

Really, I'm thinking of something like 1989's 6251: Pirate Minifigures set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lomis said:

I'm hopeful they will offer one or two minifig sets like the recent 40372: Police MF Accessory or 40373: Fairground Accessory sets, except with a mix of pirates and/or soldiers.

Really, I'm thinking of something like 1989's 6251: Pirate Minifigures set.

That would be quite welcome!!! It’s been a while since Pirates has had a pack like that. And I feel like we’re due another Pirates wave. Maybe this is the kickoff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, lomis said:

I'm hopeful they will offer one or two minifig sets like the recent 40372: Police MF Accessory or 40373: Fairground Accessory sets, except with a mix of pirates and/or soldiers.

Really, I'm thinking of something like 1989's 6251: Pirate Minifigures set.

Minifig set they'll probably offer.

It's the cannons, flags and weapons where I have very little hope about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Minifig set they'll probably offer.

Those things always come with yet another pirate captain... and does any one really need another captain minifigure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Those things always come with yet another pirate captain... and does any one really need another captain minifigure?

Nope.

A set with only low rank pirates and imperial mini-figures would be best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Those things always come with yet another pirate captain... and does any one really need another captain minifigure?

3 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Nope.

A set with only low rank pirates and imperial mini-figures would be best.

 

I would say, 'Yes.'

 

To give Redbeard/Roger some actual competition, aside from the Imperials, the Armada, and the Islanders. I'd personally love to see Iron Hook get his own unique print/update, and see how LEGO can make him completely different from Captain Redbeard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Still hoping LEGO makes another Pirate themed Xtra to get us some massable items.

The current Xtra sea polybag already has a nice way to get a shark, parrot, treasure chest, treasure map, so another one that's even more Pirate themed would be nice.

40341-1.jpg?201812050815

Another Xtra Pirates bag could contain : 

  • Cannon (likely Red to go with current sets)
  • Cannonballs (black 1x1 round bricks)
  • Monkey
  • Golden Coins
  • Palm Leafs (either the classic or new versions)
  • Weapons (sabre, pistol, rifle)
  • Hats 
  • Small printed Jolly Roger flag + antenna.

Could even do a seperate one for Soldiers / Armada etc.

That would be great :thumbup: 60% of that xtra bag goes really well with the bay set, but I would not mind a new one that go 100% :wink:

If we get a set with figs (one can dream) it is definitely better with as much army builder figs and part as possible, low and mid ranking soldiers/pirates :pir-sweet:

Maybe the creator set has some useful figs and parts:shrug_oh_well:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Roebuck said:

That would be great :thumbup: 60% of that xtra bag goes really well with the bay set, but I would not mind a new one that go 100% :wink:

If we get a set with figs (one can dream) it is definitely better with as much army builder figs and part as possible, low and mid ranking soldiers/pirates :pir-sweet:

Maybe the creator set has some useful figs and parts:shrug_oh_well:

Calling it,  right now,  one of the figs in the new creator set is an updated Iron Hook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure this has been mentioned in previous replies, but what do you think the chance of the new Pirates of Barracuda Bay set spawning a new pirates theme? That would really be a dream come true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned in previous replies, but what do you think the chance of the new Pirates of Barracuda Bay set spawning a new pirates theme? That would really be a dream come true!

I think the chances are climbing starting next year.
My reasoning is thusly: supposedly Lego is targeting boys 5-12 with Pirate themes. It has been 5 years since the last wave. I think we'll see a new wave in a year or two, maybe three on the outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

LEGO IDEAS

SUPPORT ►

CARRIBEAN CLIPPER REDUX

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.