Ondra

Creator and Creator expert wishlist

On 8/2/2017 at 1:14 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh, and while an MOC of this scale could never be done as a set, check out this gargantuan creation of Gypsy Danger by Flickr user JAN LEGO:oh:

Is that thing he's holding supposed to be a ship?  If so, scale the whole Jaeger up until the ship is the size of the Maersk ship to do it right.

7 hours ago, x105Black said:

Is that thing he's holding supposed to be a ship?  If so, scale the whole Jaeger up until the ship is the size of the Maersk ship to do it right.

In the film, this is how Gypsy Danger used the ship. :wink:

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

In the film, this is how Gypsy Danger used the ship. :wink:

Yeah, that's a cool scene.  And evidence that Gypsy Danger needs to be 2 or 3 times the size of the Maersk Ship.

While there are much more iconic streamlined steam locomotives that would be considered by Lego, one particularly lesser know example that I would love to see is New York Central's Mercury, a simple but stunning design that would be quite easy (and clean for that matter) to capture in Lego bricks. 

29146593750_769f43b8b2_z.jpg

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

Yeah, that's a cool scene.  And evidence that Gypsy Danger needs to be 2 or 3 times the size of the Maersk Ship.

Speaking of mecha, we may see the Creator theme introduce more Japanese styled mechs after Lego Ideas' approval of the Voltron project, even for generic three in one sets. Japanese mechs certainly are a most colorful bunch, something that is quite fitting for the Creator theme. :classic:

By the way @x105Black, since you are an admittedly big castle fan, what types of medieval sets would you like to see for both the Creator and Creator Expert themes? 

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way @x105Black, since you are an admittedly big castle fan, what types of medieval sets would you like to see for both the Creator and Creator Expert themes? 

Well, since you asked...

There are a wide variety of sets that I would love to see.  Castles and fortresses make an obvious bunch, and they could be done very well with the level of detail in Expert sets.  I'd also love to see a Creator Expert version of something like the Medieval Market Village, or the Mill Village Raid.  Basically, nice big sets with very cool modern details and parts usage, focusing on the civilian population and how they can interact with the soldiers and nobles of the various factions.

One particular idea I had was based on a Castle version of the Detective's Office.  Essentially, there would be a civilian set like I described above, and it would include a fun story involving the Wolfpack working as smuggling bandits with a secret hideout somewhere within the structure.

As for normal Creator sets, anything that gives us more brown and grey bricks would be useful, along with a few more minifigures.  The Creator line (not Expert) tends to be very blocky and brick-oriented.  As such, I tend to be less interested in them.  I love the idea of creating structures, but when they can't even be bothered to use the leaf elements for trees it starts to feel like a waste.  And I feel the same about brick-built animals like deer.  It would be well worth it for LEGO to produce molded deer with interchangeable antler pieces.  That said, we can always use more grey and brown for Castle builds, and any minifigures and accessories would be welcome.

As someone who owns the Sydney Opera House, Big Ben, and Tower Bridge (and currently Bricklinking the Eiffel Tower), I'd love to see a large sized 4000+ piece Neuschwanstein Castle. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/65306bf4-74c9-424b-969c-818bd28ec3e9

But highly unlikely given that we have the Disney castle on the shelves...

Edit: and obviously I'd like to see another Creator Expert train of any sorts.

Edited by eliminator

Neuschwanstein Castle is fantastic, to be sure, but impossible to do affordably in minifigure scale.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

Neuschwanstein Castle is fantastic, to be sure, but impossible to do affordably in minifigure scale.

I'd be happy with Tower Bridge/Big Ben scale.... I wonder when Lego will release another large world landmark given that Big Ben was only introduced last year.

Many on Eurobricks have voiced their wishes for Classic Space to make a presence in the Creator/Creator Expert theme, particularly, @LegoMonorailFan and @danth being the proposal's biggest proponents here. :wink:

While some have said that a Creator Expert D2C would be the most ideal scenario, I myself would much rather prefer to see a multitude of smaller non-Expert Creator sets, ranging anywhere in price from $20 to $70 at the most. While they may not feature any minifigures, I think the gain of potentially new Trans-yellow canopy recolors would be better for these sets, and their cheaper price would make them much more attainable for kids.

On 8/4/2017 at 4:40 PM, x105Black said:

As for normal Creator sets, anything that gives us more brown and grey bricks would be useful, along with a few more minifigures.  The Creator line (not Expert) tends to be very blocky and brick-oriented.  As such, I tend to be less interested in them.  I love the idea of creating structures, but when they can't even be bothered to use the leaf elements for trees it starts to feel like a waste.  And I feel the same about brick-built animals like deer.  It would be well worth it for LEGO to produce molded deer with interchangeable antler pieces.  That said, we can always use more grey and brown for Castle builds, and any minifigures and accessories would be welcome.

Well then, what do think of this idea I proposed on the previous page of this thread for small, three in one medieval village houses? I figured it would be a successful idea due to the popularity of modern, three in one houses for the theme, so why not medieval ones? :shrug_oh_well:

Flickr user Peter Morris is a builder who's work I first remember seeing in Megan Rothrock's The Lego Adventure Book Vol. 1, and his speciality is creating starfighters using these "box cockpits" as a starting point.

5132898069_b21df3dded_n.jpg8452654403_e87d95d119_n.jpg3192582790_d10e70e805.jpg

He offered instructions for these in Megan's book, and personally, I think such a modular design would make for a great Creator Designer set that kids would love! :sweet:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Owning all of the Creator Expert monument sets, I'd really like to see some Italian landmarks. Unfortunately, most of them are actually churches, but the Colosseum might be a chance. The Parthenon from Athens might be cool aswell, but that could not be so impressive if built with bricks...It's very likely that the next set (in 2019, I think) will be the Brandenburg Gate, as we've already seen it in the Architecture theme, just like SOH and Big Ben did before being released as Creator Expert sets.

Edited by Giacinto Consiglio

It would be cool to see a large Tron-like, Cyberpunk motorcycle done as the basis for a three in one Creator set, perhaps priced around the $50-$70 range. To give the bike Lightcycle-esq wheels, perhaps it could come with some transparent recolors of wheel part no. 88517, capped off on both sides with dish part no. 3961 to leave only the transparent rim of wheel exposed.

We have seen that wheel part come in two other transparent recolors before, once in Trans. Light Orange in 2016's 70316 Jestro's Evil Mobile, and twice in Trans. White in both 75040 General Grievous Wheel Bike and 76042 The SHIELD Helicarrier.

On 7/13/2017 at 3:18 AM, jonwil said:

An E-Type Jag would make an awesome LEGO set.

There is a great E-Type Ideas project by Ozzyeatingbat that at the time of this post stands at 9100+ votes with 456 days to go; so perhaps if considered, it may become a reality. :sweet:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a7efcb7d-d74f-4e89-8352-e8a863f86f6c

On 8/9/2017 at 5:28 PM, x105Black said:

You'd probably end up with a bunch of trans yellow bricks instead.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but are you implying that you don't have great expectations for the non-Expert Creator theme?

The Chateau du Chaumont is another building that I'd love to see in Lego. And yeah, I've always wanted to go to the Neuschwanstein Castle; it looks amazing! 

Hey, I was just thinking about this topic; it certainly is nice to see it bumped again after all this time! :sweet:

I just saw Eurobricks user @castor-troy has bumped his Steampunk Paris modular display topic with a final picture of the entire layout, and I had thought how a Steampunk themed modular building could make for an impressive Creator Expert set!

Many people had described the design aesthetic of this year's TLNM Ninjago City as being inspired by the Cyberpunk genre, so a Steampunk inspired modular could be an equally exciting set!

I would love to see more bridges. They did the Tower Bridge as a set, how about other famous bridges from other cities? The Sydney Harbor Bridge would make a great set and I would buy one no question. The Golden Gate Bridge could also make a great set.

On 10/8/2017 at 3:48 AM, Lego_Talk said:

I would prefer buildings focussing on the architecture more than vehicles.

Well, speaking of architecture, has anyone ever seen this guy's work? While browsing around Pinterest this morning, I found this one Instagram user with some seriously awesome microscale cityscape creations! I've never checked around Instagram before for Lego creations, but perhaps now I should more often. :oh:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Bottom line is, wouldn't it be freaking awesome to see Lego do some Retro Futuristic, Decopunk micro cityscapes like these for the Creator theme? :moar:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, speaking of architecture, has anyone ever seen this guy's work? While browsing around Pinterest this morning, I found this one Instagram user with some seriously awesome microscale cityscape creations! I've never checked around Instagram before for Lego creations, but perhaps now I should more often. :oh:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Bottom line is, wouldn't it be freaking awesome to see Lego do some Retro Futuristic, Decopunk micro cityscapes like these for the Creator theme? :moar:

Yes, I've seen these amazing images and they are fantastic! I only caught wind of them whilst reading one of the issues from Blocksmag. His works are truly amazing and it amazes me how these mocs look so wonderful in colour and pieces.

On 11/1/2017 at 6:05 PM, Lego_Talk said:

Yes, I've seen these amazing images and they are fantastic! I only caught wind of them whilst reading one of the issues from Blocksmag. His works are truly amazing and it amazes me how these mocs look so wonderful in colour and pieces.

His spectrum of color choices are what struck me as well, as well as details such as the strata of the city's foundation and the subways running though it! Though it may not be as colorful, they reminded me of this one particular Ideas project by user Bazhenoff, which had gathered over 1100+ supporters before it had expired. The project is more Noir/Dieselpunk/Gotham in its design than the brighter, more optimistic genres of Retro Futurism and Decopunk.

Spoiler

2268317-o_1a95c1pjuh2842k3n11rpb1k7u7-th

I wonder though if fictional micro-skylines like these would be more suitable for the Architecture theme, even though the theme focuses mostly on real life examples. 

By the way, which issue of Blocks magazine had you seen Jeff's work in?

Does anyone think that the Creator theme could use a second subtheme, particularly one that sits in between the typical three-in-one theme and the Expert subtheme in age range?

Whereas Creator has a suggested age range of 6 to 12 and Creator Expert has a suggestion of 16 and older, I'd like to see a new subtheme suggested for ages 13 and upwards, with sets that feature slightly more complex construction techniques and a richer color variety. The price range of this line of sets would for the most part stay seated within a US $50-$100 range, and like the three-in-one Creator theme, could include instructions for alternate builds. Set subject material would also be aimed towards interests relevant towards that targeted age group, drawing inspiration from realistic subject material to fantastic subject material.

On 1/21/2018 at 10:23 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Does anyone think that the Creator theme could use a second subtheme, particularly one that sits in between the typical three-in-one theme and the Expert subtheme in age range?

Whereas Creator has a suggested age range of 6 to 12 and Creator Expert has a suggestion of 16 and older, I'd like to see a new subtheme suggested for ages 13 and upwards, with sets that feature slightly more complex construction techniques and a richer color variety. The price range of this line of sets would for the most part stay seated within a US $50-$100 range, and like the three-in-one Creator theme, could include instructions for alternate builds. Set subject material would also be aimed towards interests relevant towards that targeted age group, drawing inspiration from realistic subject material to fantastic subject material.

I don't usually pay much attention on the age limits, but I searched my collection and the Ferrari seems to have a 14+ age limit:

https://brickset.com/sets/10248-1/Ferrari-F40

Also, deeping little deeper, there seems to be at least one other Creator Expert set that has 14+ age limit:

https://brickset.com/sets/10233-1/Horizon-Express

Would be nice if there was own category for these. But even more I would like a categories based on set style: Modular buildings, Large Car (like Racers series) sets, etc. Creator series seems to be very broad these days.

Edited by LegoCube

On 10/1/2017 at 8:31 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey, I was just thinking about this topic; it certainly is nice to see it bumped again after all this time! :sweet:

I just saw Eurobricks user @castor-troy has bumped his Steampunk Paris modular display topic with a final picture of the entire layout, and I had thought how a Steampunk themed modular building could make for an impressive Creator Expert set!

Many people had described the design aesthetic of this year's TLNM Ninjago City as being inspired by the Cyberpunk genre, so a Steampunk inspired modular could be an equally exciting set!

Wow his steampunk modular's are amazing, if Lego made a modular or two with a similar style that would look amazing and exciting in any lego city