ZCerberus

**Book II Challenge V Official Announcment**

10 hours ago, ZCerberus said:

Okay.

Feb 20 everywhere by now!  Let's start seeing some Cat B entries!

for real, I have ZERO inspiration for Cat B yet :(

@ZCerberus Is category C limited to one MOC, or does it include as many as we want?  I assume we could include more than one MOC, as a story is hard to complete with only one, but the judging list says best "build" (singular).  Can a "build" include multiple individual MOCs?

On 12/31/2016 at 3:12 PM, ZCerberus said:

Prophecy is a powerful guide. Some say the gods give people the true path so that they know to be prepared, but others say that men create prophecy to self-fulfil. All of that matters not in the great game of thrones. Historica must be united again, and there is only one person for the job – the thing is, there are many bards who tell the story of this new king. You are one of these bards. In unlimited builds and story, tell us who the new Monarch of Historica is- and let’s not rule out Raavage!  Will his cunning carry the day?  Has he found an artifact to enslave all of Historica? Will the infighting amongst the guilds prove too powerful to overcome?  Tell us who the True King of Historica is and how this Book II will end!

Size: No size restriction.  Make your story compelling!

[Edit: I just saw that @Slegengr's comment was directed directly at Z--sorry, did not mean to jump the gun there!]

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Just a quick question before finalising my storyboard for Cat C, but do we need to end on a definitive note? As in giving a clear victor, or can we say leave historica in war? 

23 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

Just a quick question before finalising my storyboard for Cat C, but do we need to end on a definitive note? As in giving a clear victor, or can we say leave historica in war? 

I think that is up to the writer and the voters who decide what will be the canon...?
Last time at least the winner of the final challenge of Book I (ZC) really set us up for more war :wink:

On 27 February 2017 at 4:09 AM, Gideon said:

I think that is up to the writer and the voters who decide what will be the canon...?
Last time at least the winner of the final challenge of Book I (ZC) really set us up for more war :wink:

Okay, thanks Gideon, that's what I thought, I was just wondering if leaving the fate of Historica up to war would mess with any future Book plans, or if it was entirely up to us, but hopefully my story should be fine :classic: 

7 hours ago, Legofin2012 said:

Okay, thanks Gideon, that's what I thought, I was just wondering if leaving the fate of Historica up to war would mess with any future Book plans, or if it was entirely up to us, but hopefully my story should be fine :classic: 

Don't take my word for it... I have zero insight into the thoughts for Book III. But what I'm assuming is that as long as an entry doesn't contradict any explicit challenge V rule and wins the popular vote the story is pretty much up to the builder, and that the leadership has to take that story into account when shaping the start of Book III :classic:

1 hour ago, ZCerberus said:

A week and a weekend left in category B.  Let's see those entries fly up!

95 % finished now with a siege workshop, but my wife is out of town until the challenge deadline so finding the time to finish and photograph the build between working and taking care of both kids will be a challenge if it's own :wink: 

8 hours ago, ZCerberus said:

A week and a weekend left in category B.  Let's see those entries fly up!

Photographed and ready too upload :thumbup: Looking foward to everyone elses.

I really can't think of anything other than the generic catapult, battering ram, trebuchet or rolling siege tower for category B. :sceptic:

15 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

I really can't think of anything other than the generic catapult, battering ram, trebuchet or rolling siege tower for category B. :sceptic:

I had the same problem, so I used it to my advantage. I just tried to make the biggest, badist (in a good way), deadliest generic seige weapon out there :tongue:

8 minutes ago, Souinotlim of the Undead said:

@zcerberus is there anyway I can contact you about special matters you may like what I have in mind

PMs will be available to you once you reach ten posts. :wink:

@ZCerberus Any chance of an extension on Category C? I should have B up soon, as I just need to take pics, but C is such a large and daunting task (creating a series of builds, not just one, at a quality sufficient to be made into GoH canon!) that I know that I, for one, would greatly appreciate some extra time. It does not help that I have stacks and stacks of papers and other assignments to grade with the end of the quarter coming up here in Real Life, along with everything else (and my spring break is Easter week, the week after the deadline, so that's no help...).  You can of course say no, and I won't be offended, but I know it won't get extended without someone asking. I'll get something posted either way.

Thanks for considering!

1 hour ago, Umbra-Manis said:

PMs will be available to you once you reach ten posts. :wink:

That's the thing though, I want to post what I have in mind but it goes along with the idea I have in my head and id like it to be a surprise only the the guildmasters know of.

10 hours ago, Souinotlim of the Undead said:

@zcerberus is there anyway I can contact you about special matters you may like what I have in mind

8 hours ago, Souinotlim of the Undead said:

That's the thing though, I want to post what I have in mind but it goes along with the idea I have in my head and id like it to be a surprise only the the guildmasters know of.

One question: why?

No offence, but seeking contact with the judge of the contest about (supposedly) your unposted entry... suspicious.

If you want to know if people like your build or story, just post it. You'll get positive or contructive feedback. :wink:

Lore-related questions can of course be asked in the Nocturnus Guild thread.

3 hours ago, Exetrius said:

One question: why?

No offence, but seeking contact with the judge of the contest about (supposedly) your unposted entry... suspicious.

If you want to know if people like your build or story, just post it. You'll get positive or contructive feedback. :wink:

Lore-related questions can of course be asked in the Nocturnus Guild thread.

I'm not trying to win this contest I'm really not even entering, like I just have an idea for Book III beginning chapter and I think I have a good idea and it'll kindve be about lore and I would like to know his thoughts on it.