Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, blurrkup said:

Just got back. Polybag is available if you spend £50 on anything. The GCPD pack is £10.99 according to my receipt.

Loving the summer sets.

Thanks for the update! 

10 minutes ago, blurrkup said:

Just got back. Polybag is available if you spend £50 on anything. The GCPD pack is £10.99 according to my receipt.

Loving the summer sets.

Much appreciated.

Also, those Summer Sets are very disappointing. The Batwing set sucks so hard, as does the Two-Face set. The Bane set is... okay? It's definitely the strongest on the minifigure front, but I can't decide whether I love or hate Bane's vehicle. The Scarecrow set I really like though. It's small, two great figs (guess the value of my Arkham Batman is gonna plummet now though with the re-use of the molded wings), and that little helicopter is incredibly pleasing, for some reason. Definitely picking that one up.

Overall, very disappointing, for the most part. I hope the rumoured 5th set somewhat makes up for it.

Uh, average to below average sets, and minifigure spots wasted (I'm not sure if there's more Batmen or cops right now). Winter most definitely was better.

Edited by TheLegoExperience

I think the vehicles themselves look great and so do the minifigs that we do get but the overall low amount of minifigures is a huge bummer :hmpf_bad: Maybe the winter wave has spoiled us a bit in that regard (except for the Penguin set that is) :wink:

1 hour ago, HMD BrickCustoms said:

He could also be the mystery minifigure in the new DC LEGO book coming out

I was really hoping that it was Saturn Girl. 

Does anyone know whether or not we will be getting a second winter wave like the lego movie??

Also, in terms of my thoughts, i feel like the bane set is definitely the strongest of the bunch- it really gives me everything that I wanted from that set. Hopefully it won't be £55 like the lowrider. Scarecrow has a decent build for the price but it's nothing too special. Two face and the batwing are somewhat less desirable, especially as they really have only one figure in each that people will want (twoface and harley respectively). I really wanted a condiment king, crazy quilt or gentlemen ghost. I feel as though we might get a regular dc set with gentlemen ghost in the future but the other two are very unlikely. This was really their only shot at getting official figures. Whilst I understand legos need not to expend all of their villains, it would've helped to get some of the really obscure ones with this line/wave. Anyways, I'll definately try to pick up the smaller two but I'm unsure about the larger ones. Heck, I'm still only a small way into collecting the first wave as I've only got the Joker-balloon escape, clayface and 15/20 minifigs so far. 

Edited by LegoShroom

Well, minifigures are the strongest side of almost every Batman Movie set. Actually, this sets are minfigure-based. With few exceptions, they are giving us minifigures plus some mediocre vehicles or stupid builds. Some vehicles are nice, but enough is enough. I'm rather disappointed by very small representation of buildings in this series.

Just now, LegoShroom said:

Does anyone know whether or not we will be getting a second winter wave like the lego movie??

There's no confirmation we're getting one, but there's been nothing to say we won't get one, either. If we do though, I doubt it'll be any bigger than the Summer Wave.

2 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

Also, in terms of my thoughts, i feel like the bane set is definitely the strongest of the bunch- it really gives me everything that I wanted for that set. Hopefully it won't be £55 like the lowrider. Scarecrow has a decent build for the price but it's nothing too special. Two face and the batwing are somewhat less desirable, especially as they really have only one figure in each that people will want (twoface and harley respectively). I really wanted a condiment king, crazy quilt or gentlemen ghost. I feel as though we might get a regular dc set with gentlemen ghost in the future but the other two are very unlikely. This was really their only shot at getting official figures. Whilst I understand legos need not to expend all of their villains, it would've helped to get some of the really obscure ones with this line. Anyways, I'll definately try to pick up the smaller two but I'm unsure about the larger ones. Heck, I'm still only a small way into collecting the first wave as I've only got the Joker-balloon escape, clayface and 15/20 minifigs so far. 

Too early to say right now. Maybe a few small sets, but I hope they return to DC Superheroes subtheme next winter. It's kinda Batman overload already.

Just now, benderisgreat said:

Too early to say right now. Maybe a few small sets, but I hope they return to DC Superheroes subtheme next winter. It's kinda Batman overload already.

I quite agree, I'm all Batman'd out, for now, after this Summer Wave.

I don't know what y'all talking about, I love all the sets!  The Bane set is definitely my favorite, though the batwing comes quite close in second.  Mutant Leader and Bane are amazing, as is Scarecrow.  Also, Two-Face's demolition tractor looks awesome as well! 

The newly revealed sets look really great but the minifig selection is really lacking. The Bane set is probably the best overall but I must say I really like the Batwing and Batbike and Two-Face's Frontloader looks really great and it's really nice to get something a little different than usual. He always seems to get a bank truck or something. The Scarecopter is pretty lacking but at least it's a cheap set with a really nice Scarecrow minifig. That Harley Quinn in the Batwing is the best by far, it's so reminiscent of the character from the Arhkam series and I'd love to have it! The skirt piece really makes the figure and I'm sure it'l go for a premium on BL.

These sets all look amazing. I'm guessing the buggy in the batwing set will be able to fit in the batwing as in the trailers it has what appears to be an opening hatch at its rear. Two face is a day one purchase, but those prices! Damn! They're so much higher than I thought they would be!

Edited by robertgorman2505

3 hours ago, npgcole said:

There's still one more set with

Reveal hidden contents

the Wicked Witch and Flying Monkeys

, right? Polka Dot Man could be in that one.

Possible, but unlikely, since he wasn't mentioned in the set description. Most likely it would seem to be the rumored CMF series 2 to include him, since there is a plausible number of unreleased figs to fill out another wave.

Thanks for the pics @Captain Nemo.

I like the way the Batwing looks, but $90 is just. too. much.

The Bane truck is whatever, but Bane looks really good. Expect a higher price since they included a new bigfig.

Two-Face set is meh. The builds are whatever. Only the TwoFace minifigure is nice.

Scarecrow set looks decent to me. Wonder what the price is.

Y'know, has there been anything about Regal Cinemas or AMC Theaters having promo minifigures with ticket purchases? They did it with the LEGO Movie.

Edited by just2good

I know this is unlikely, but what if they filtered out other possible figures in the sets. I just saw one picture without Bane. I doubt they did that, but one can only hope

2 minutes ago, just2good said:

Y'know, has there been anything about Regal Cinemas or AMC Theaters having promo minifigures with ticket purchases? They did it with the LEGO Movie.

I was wondering the same thing

4 minutes ago, just2good said:

There will be an exclusive variant of Batman.

When I saw the pictures earlier today I thought: 'Hmm another wave childish and juniorlike builds with a couple of good minifigures (Two Face, Bane, Scarecrow)' and while I know they are toys for children it's lame imo. But now I look at them again and see the prices.. What the hell XD These are overpriced sets with a 'meh' minifigure selection (1 good minifig per set). They will probably sell great, but damn what a minimum value for money.