All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. makoy

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

These new BAM exclusives are really making me return back to the store quiet often just to look out for new pieces. Good job TLG... But it's bad for my wallet. Haha.
  3. blackdeathgr

Raffle: A Nuisance in Newbury

Gz on the winners guys!
  4. Lyichir

LEGO Hidden Side 2020

Thank you so much for this. It's so frustrating when people complain about two sets depicting similar subject matter in pretty much completely different ways being "practically the same". The build is such an important part of a Lego set, after all, so for people to dismiss one of the most unique lighthouse builds we've gotten in years based on the most superficial similarities is pretty reductive. I'm liking these sets in general, even though as typical of a January wave the range of sets is less dramatic and substantial overall than a summer wave. The lighthouse is one of my favorites, and mirrors a concept I had been trying to come up with digitally, but much more effectively. The plane, too (I guess it's not that original of me to have thought that a stuntman like El Fuego might get a stunt plane to complement his stunt truck). The abandoned subway has some wonderful Night in the Woods vibes, even if small (and I love how it and the Portal set complement one another). The beach buggy and the ghost fair I'm less impressed by—the beach buggy has a sort of neat build for that price point but I'm not too keen on its color scheme, while the ghost fair feels like it would need to be bigger to truly impress. I'm hopeful that the subsequent summer wave will feature some larger sets that can compare a little better to the current wave's train, bus, and school sets.
  5. blackdeathgr

Le Phénix

Hey, I really like your ship although a bit bulky but as always, your presentation is top notch! I even shivered at the site of your surgeon. Plus I am a sucker for group photos so the ones with the sailors etc are nice too. P.S: I also wiki-ed the stormglass device you mentioned. The follies a man falls sometimes into, are unbelievable... Definitely not Corries at their best (assumingly it were Corrington scientists that invented this...thing)...
  6. Beck

[MOC] SBB LRZ

For this year's OcTRAINtober challenge I decided to build a single unit of SBB’s firefighting train. Given the time constraints of the challenge, I knew that I would only be able to complete one unit of the LRZ consist. Therefore, I chose the largest unit with a water cannon. I would need the space to house, the battery/receiver, pump, water tank, drive motor, and cannon rotation mechanism. I began the design in LDD and quickly drafted the frame, cab and container. This gave me a rough idea of the space I had to work with. I tried to position the pump motor as low as possible to allow for the maximum amount of height for the cylinder. Since there was only one option for the drive motor placement and cabin space was already limited, the placement of the cannon rotation mechanism and drive motor had to be placed in the container. Due to the vertical distances between the cannon rotation motor and cabin, I opted to use a pulley system because the string could be guided through a series of holes to account for the vertical displacement. When I eventually started building the model IRL, I encountered some unexpected setbacks; namely two parts I had used did not exist in the colors I had used in LDD. This required some time to redesign. In addition to a bricklink kerfuffle, I had lost valuable time to complete the model. Again, due to the limited time, I prioritized functionality over aesthetics and realism. Although the model is less detailed than I would like it to be, pleased with the progress I made in just over one month. Note: The train is not specifically based on either the Xtmas 99 or Xtmas 80, rather a blend of the two. Information/Scale Drawing: https://company.sbb.ch/en/the-company/responsibility-society-environment/customers/sbb-and-safety/intervention.html VIDEO: https://www.flickr.com/photos/152818020@N02/49058471766/in/photostream/
  7. WhiteFang

REVIEW: 75222 Betrayal at Cloud City

I am surprised. It is just a year old set for a D2C playset. Normally, it ought to have a 2 years shelf life.
  8. Maple

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Because it's not on sale yet. It will be on sale at some point this month for at least 20% off. When it's gone then it's gone. I like the 'logic' of LEGO fans. If the set retires early, it must be popular. If it retires early maybe it wasn't as popular so LEGO decided not to make more of the set. Maybe it just had a piece that was no longer being used, the mold broke, and therefor they couldn't make more.
  9. Hinckley

MAfia - Sign Ups

That's the typical format.
  10. Way to go Maxim! GZ on the ships being frontpaged too! I see some clever ideas put to good use and some great stern decoration as well
  11. I dare say that’s because the bucket’s white and not dark grey
  12. blackdeathgr

Galley, La Capitana, Chapmann LVIII

Pirates need something to pray upon nonetheless! Plus I imagine that there are some city lovers out there, ready to be converted to our cause (so as to build a peaceful merchant harbour city of the past - that isn't being raided and plundered). So, let's show them the way to the bright side
  13. And the choice to use an assassin droid because of IG-88’s fame was also intentional. Hence I call him “not-IG-88”. Bear in mind I have no problem with the character, I’m just not gonna pretend that they’re not banking on nostalgia lol. The same goes for the Mandalorian himself. But ultimately it’s a pointless discussion so I’m gonna stop here.
  14. @Aine, Third party. I think it’s Little Armory from its long discontinued medieval weapons range. @Exetrius, The new Hidden Side two-headed minifigure is the first LEGO has done with unmodified heads. Hopefully, it will do more.
  15. Mission Log from Pvt Joka: Operation Purge is well on its way. Silvertail squad was tasked to mop up any remaining resistance. Easier said than done....The Pirates dug their heels into the mud and dared us to come after them....and so he did.....Only to be met flesh-eating diseases, night ambushes and raids, cut off for weeks in the dense jungles and abandoned by our superiors... Silvertail squad status: 2 KIA, 1 MIA and two injured. Our sergeant is clueless about what to do bout our situation. We are combat ineffective. I have done right by my brothers and arms, I have always kept a sharp eye for ambushes. Nevertheless, I no longer believe the mission...Not Operation Purge...but the Corp mission...After we get out of this hellhole and going to discretly ask transference to the Special Forces Command. [End Log]
  16. TheBuilder

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

PR tagged retiring soon for 3-4 days now, no "backorder accepted" let alone "sold out"... I think Bank was succesful because it broke the cycle and retired unexpectedly.
  17. Guyon2002

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & discussion

Why? There isn't really anything DH-specific that's D2C worthy, at least not that I can think of atm
  18. Exetrius

LEGO Hidden Side 2020

Interesting new pieces and most of the sets look good and/or fun too. I can't help feeling a little underwhelmed too, though. My least favorite set is definitely the buggy, I guess I don't like the colours and the subject matter is generally not really appealing to me either. Love how Jack looks in that set, though! The rest of the sets are well-done. If I could change one thing to the wave, I would have the subway set and ghost fair switch price slots, so that the 'underground' and 'station' feel could have been a little more developed, while the fair would retain most of it's play features that are the focus of the set. Pics for reference: Define "practically the same". Indeed, they are both lighthouses, both on top on a rock, both haunted, and both inhabited by a bearded geezer. To argue that the two sets couldn't be more different within the boundaries of what they represent goes a bit far I think, but I invite you to take a closer look at their building techniques. The Scooby Doo lighthouse uses studs-up construction like every previous lighthouse, the same banded pattern, the same macaroni 2x2 bricks to round the edges, and a dish on top. Now look at the HS lighthouse. Unlike any previous lighthouse, it is built stud-on-the-side, which means that the curves are also achieved in a different way. Also: no banded pattern; the building is mostly white. Check out the top, where the light is. Completely different pieces used than earlier lighthouses! Moreover, did you notice this is the first lighthouse that is under an angle on its base? They are very different. Maybe I'm overdoing it a bit here, but saying they are practically the same ticks me off (more than it should), and it just feels disrespectful towards the designers.
  19. Balrogofmorgoth

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & discussion

Honestly I would prefer if they waited at least until 2021 to do another D2C for this theme.
  20. tillerjnr

LEGO Speed Champions 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

The Jaguar and Lamborghini sets are listed on Lego Store, £54.99 for the Lamborghini set and £34.99 for the Jaguar set
  21. Perfect, I will keep my kit together for a bit longer and wait for your 'B' model. But I guess it won't be called a B model, since it has many new parts, so a modification(MOC) of 42100
  22. Both Jack’s cap/hood piece and Parker’s hair/hat piece have been reused in sets for 2020 (Ninjago and Chinese New Year, respectively), so a recoloured appearance of one of the new pieces in the CMF line is a reasonable possibility. Jack's new backwards cap/hairpiece could be easily reused for some stereotypical '90s archetype...
  23. McLaren97

LEGO Speed Champions 2020 - Rumors, Speculation, and Discussion

100% agree that the Urus is just a an Audi, which is based on a VW chassis, which is also shared with Porsche. I feel like it may have fit better if it had a trailer to tow the Huracan, but then that would have drove up the price even more. Also, is it just me or does the front of the Huracan look a lot like a Ford GT up the front.
  24. kelceycoe

LEGO Hidden Side 2020

How whem me and a lot of other people have said its a mod of the Scooby Doo lighthouse.
  25. Herts Womble

How would you clean used Lego?

Washing machine on a 30C cycle. Batches of Lego in a lingerie / delicates bag. Dried in the airing cupboard on a towel and agitated a couple of times a day. I bought a load off eBay which was disgusting. Included alien plastic building blocks as well as fluff, bits of tissue (clearly used for something), moss, dried insect abdomens, hair, some which appeared to be head hair and some left me hoping that the batch had been played with by a curly headed child. But I suspect that it hadn't. Plus a couple of other unpleasant items - see if you can spot what they are. Centre right in the photo. This got sorted with the Lego thrown straight into my bath which had a Jeyes fluid solution in it. After a trip through the washing machine - with a couple of towels in there too for padding - it's come out pretty well.
  1. Load more activity