Bregir

Shipwrights Guild Hall (WIPs, feedback, and advice)

@TomSkippy I was heading to bed after a very long day when I posted my link and didn't take a very close look at the images. To me it's clear because I was there and the images just jog my memory, but you might not be picking up on what's pictured. On the historic frigate that whole thing would be the stern cabin's "coach top" sky light and might have a companion way , but likely wouldn't. On this modern replica, there is a companion way, it's that hatch furthest aft. The section to either side with the spindles, which looks like it's supposed to mimic the windows of a sky light, are lockers for flotation devices. I didn't get to peek in-to the hatch on the starboard side, but I imagine it's more safety equipment.

When she visited Philadelphia, it was a mob scene and the lower decks were off limits. Only the waist could be observed from the gangways, but I understand that some of the crew were staying in the stern cabin as it's not set up like a captain's quarters on a historic frigate. Even the windows in the stern gallery are dead lights. In any case, I was shooed away from that aft most hatch buy deck crew who said it was a private space and other crew were down there off watch. It did feel as though there was a cool bast, as if from air conditioning, coming from below though.

Dave

Posted (edited)

@Bregir *sigh* yeah, photobucket has really started to suck, thanks for the heads-up. I'd like to move everything somewhere better but who sucks less, ya know? I don't like how Flickr works and I have sooo much saved on photobucket as is 😠

Any way here's some deep linked selects, hope they work:

IMG_2779_zpsdiplqqqa.jpg

IMG_2778_zpsimyybnix.jpg

IMG_2781_zpspodanltj.jpg

If you find you can navigate my photobucket, there's, not just my MOCs in detail, but lots of images from this and other ship visits. There's little more handy to a modeler than getting to see things full scale 😉

Dave

Edited by kurigan

2 hours ago, kurigan said:

@Bregir *sigh* yeah, photobucket has really started to suck, thanks for the heads-up. I'd like to move everything somewhere better but who sucks less, ya know? I don't like how Flickr works and I have sooo much saved on photobucket as is 😠

Brickshelf is my go to for LEGO stuff. You could also try imgur, especially if you post to Reddit a lot.

@Count Vroskri

Sorry I'm so late in the game, just saw that this post was forgotten... Here are a couple of ideas for 16 wide...

1) Grab a 16 wide premade bow piece (both parts are even available in white white)

2) Get a million hinge plates (you can see a demonstration here... many ship mocs use that bow technique)

Good luck! (if you've gone a different route, we'd love to see it!)