Raskolnikov

AT-AT MOC (plus-sized -- but not super big)

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

By the way what happened to the conning tower and bridge of the Tyrant? I just noticed they're missing?

Broke them up to build an AT-AT! :D

17 minutes ago, Flandy said:

Broke them up to build an AT-AT! :D

SO decidedly not the accursed Rebellions fault then :laugh:

Also another question. All in all what would you reckon the cost of this beastie to be? I'm half thinking of buying the pieces and building this badboy or something similar? Also is it stable and swooshable or mainly a display piece?

By the way what happened to the conning tower and bridge of the Tyrant? I just noticed they're missing?

That's not the Tyrant ;)  It's a new, smaller gray triangle that I'm pretty sure I'm going to call the Aggressor.  The plan is for it to be basically a 37-inch version of the Tyrant w/ instructions.  Tyrant's in the other room -- it's fine but has its bottom panels removed at the moment to maybe make some modifications.

Also another question. All in all what would you reckon the cost of this beastie to be? I'm half thinking of buying the pieces and building this badboy or something similar? Also is it stable and swooshable or mainly a display piece?

It's tough to say what the cost is, since I buy lots of parts that I think I might need at the same time.  Tiles are always expensive, so it's gotta be $100+ in addition to a scrapped 75054.  It is plenty stable and playable, though.  I could try to take some pics showing different sections up close -- it wouldn't be that hard to reverse engineer.

On 03/11/2016 at 4:29 AM, Raskolnikov said:

I used to be satisfied with the AT-AT sets, but I decided I wanted something a bit bigger.  So I built this -- and plan to build a second one.   What do you think?

(I'll leave the gigantic, all-SNOT, minifigure-scale versions to the experts).

I hate you!  Putting damned ideas in my mind. :wink:

Awesome work, it looks fantastic.

Love it. I think the scale is perfect for display - I'd pay it in a flash. I also want to see more of that AT-ST, particularly the lower legs!

i keep coming back to look at this - I think it's the first moc I'd genuinely pay for the instructions for. Any plans to make them available?

Love it. I think the scale is perfect for display - I'd pay it in a flash. I also want to see more of that AT-ST, particularly the lower legs!

i keep coming back to look at this - I think it's the first moc I'd genuinely pay for the instructions for. Any plans to make them available?

Yeah, I can probably get AT-ST pics done today, and I'll post em in the AT-ST modification thread. 

The AT-AT is basically just a big version of 75054 set.  So if you've built one of those, you've basically seen how this is put together.  Since I plan to build a second big one and scrap my remaining 75054, I suppose I could take some pics of it as I go along that other people could follow.  You'd have to guess at the parts list, though.  Or maybe someone else who plans to build one could generate a parts list for others to use.

Yes this is a beautiful MOC. It seems like it would be a lot more reasonable to build to on a bit lower budget than a true Minifigure scale set. I love it, and if there is ever a reverse engineered set of instructions I would love to try and build it someday!

On 11/5/2016 at 11:43 AM, Raskolnikov said:

The AT-AT is basically just a big version of 75054 set.  So if you've built one of those, you've basically seen how this is put together.  Since I plan to build a second big one and scrap my remaining 75054, I suppose I could take some pics of it as I go along that other people could follow.  You'd have to guess at the parts list, though.  Or maybe someone else who plans to build one could generate a parts list for others to use.

I for one would appreciate this very much.  This truly is beautiful work, and fits with my plans much better than some of the larger AT-At models out there.

This is amazing.  I know you probably don't have a huge desire to do instructions, but if you did, I would love to build this.  I'm not really happy with the 75054 At-At.  Yours looks great!

Edited by Dukeside

The "instructions" are well on their way (i.e., taking pictures at each relatively major step while I build a second one).

It's a bigger task than I thought it would be, though.  I was going along, snapping pictures every now and then... then I checked my camera and apparently I'd taken like 200 pictures.  So, I guess it has a decent number of pieces. 

I should be able to post it tonight.  Just the head is left.  Then I might spend some time uploading pictures and culling any useless ones.  I'll make a new topic when I'm done (assuming that's kosher), since I'm not sure that everyone who would be interested will be checking back here.

You, sir, are the man!  Thank you for your efforts!

If you could update this thread with a link to the new one, that would be great.

1 hour ago, Raskolnikov said:

The "instructions" are well on their way (i.e., taking pictures at each relatively major step while I build a second one).

It's a bigger task than I thought it would be, though.  I was going along, snapping pictures every now and then... then I checked my camera and apparently I'd taken like 200 pictures.  So, I guess it has a decent number of pieces. 

I should be able to post it tonight. 

Can't wait for this! I have PLENTY of LBG to play with and also 8129 that I don't mind breaking down - hopefully the bricklink order shouldn't be too frightening!

Greatly appreciated! Thankyou so much, I can see a bricklink session and a project for Christmas coming on!

Looks spot-on, the overall shape is captured perfectly! I like how you managed to fit so many features inside the limited interior space. Nice build!:sweet:

Very, very nice. I love the trans clear red you have used for the cockpit. The scale is impressive and the legs really look they have some weight to them too. 

This is awesome, thanks so much for sharing the instruction photos.  I definitely want to have a crack at putting this beast together!

Thanks for posting the imagur link....just finished mine with a few parts substitutions....

AT-AT

Edited by Vedauwoo
added image

So much better than the set. It's so smooth! Do you have instructions for it and a parts list? If you do I will buy them :)

1 hour ago, Vedauwoo said:

Thanks for posting the imagur link....just finished mine with a few parts substitutions....

Gosh, did you actually use the old picture instructions? If so, impressive. If you haven't see 'em already, there are free pdf instructions available here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-6006/raskolnikov/plus-size-at_at/#comments

There's like a 15-page topic on that somewhere--not quite sure how you found this older post instead, sorry!

1 hour ago, MovieMocs said:

So much better than the set. It's so smooth! Do you have instructions for it and a parts list? If you do I will buy them :)

Haha, yes there are instructions, and they're free. See the above link.

Cheers.

Fantastic work man! And thanks to share for free! I'm building it and I will share the pictures as soon as I will complete it!